The Student Room Group

Extra GCSE German?

Hello :smile:
i've just finished my GCSE's and soon moving onto my A-Levels.
but for an extra i'm thinking of taking GCSE German down the college to improve my application for jobs and uni? Then possibly A-Level German?

I'm doing it because I only have Welsh as a language and I have heard languages are good to have.

So could anyone tell me if German is a good subject to do, and if it would be worth it to have an extra language? :smile:
I did GCSE German this year, alongside my A2 levels - just for laughs, and because I wanted it before but couldn't do it due to timetable clashes. :awesome:

I'd say go for it - the GCSE is pretty easy, and if you have a good teacher like I did, you'll love it. :yes:
Reply 2
German is a great language to learn :yep:
It is pretty easy aswell. Have you learnt any German before?
Reply 3
I've done things online like look at phrases and such, but never had the chance to properly take it as a subject in the school :frown:
Its only available at the college :frown:
Reply 4
Don't worry about it it is a very easy language. Learing the words is very easy i would say that the only difficult aspect is the word order like they use time manner place.
But don't worry you should take it, as it would look really good on your uni application :smile:
Take it! German is a brilliant language and really fun to learn :smile: :love:
It'll look good on your applications and you never know, you might have found something you really enjoy :biggrin:
Reply 6

Thank you :biggrin:
it looks quite a complicated language but i'm pretty interested in things like that :smile:
I'm just starting my second year in German and I think it's my favourite subject :smile: It's such a fun language - it is hard, but I think it's definately worth it, and looks shiiiny to Uni's :smile:
Do it, a GCSE language won't be that much extra work, and German is a great language to learn.
Do it, German students are cool :cool: It's only as complicated as every other language, and at GCSE, it's not very complicated at all.
Reply 10
Thanks guys! Think I'm going to take it up :p:

Latest