The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

i'll be arriving late to freshers because i have a huge music concert in the Sage at Gateshead on the 5th :frown:

but ill be studying interior design :biggrin:
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Well acording to the Huddersfield student union sight freshers doesnt start until the 19th which is the welcoming sunday, thats when it all begins and you dont have to move in on the 4th, you can move in any time before the 20th which is when most of the courses start. Ow and im doing animation and staying and storthes.
Wow, everyone seems to be at Storthes!

I feel so on my own now here lol, but hey everyone's invited round for beers :lol:
Reply 23
Wait there are too many dates... when do we need to be at huddersfield??

I'm staying @ storthes
Popular Music Production
Reply 24
Fashion and textile management :biggrin: staying at storthes

Not moving in till around the 12th due to my birthday being beginning of sept and lots of family to see
Reply 25
i will be studying ICT and staying at storthes

excited and nervous :smile:
Reply 26
music performance, staying in storthes. so we move in on the 4th? i thought we moved in on the 17th!!! but freshers starts on the 19th according to the SU site. xx
Reply 27
i think what it is, is that, our accomodation contract starts on the 4th but the 4th till like the 20th is for 'settling in' days and then the freshers begins! ( i think ha ha )
Reply 28
Just finished my first year -

It's definitely worth getting to Storthes as soon as you can because there's loads of parties at D Bar before the official freshers week starts from what I can remember last year. I'm 90% sure of that though, it's all a blur now. Get yourselves onto the DIGS/Storthes Hall Facebook pages and ask there and I'm sure someone will give you a proper answer when all the D Bar nights start.

Freshers is definitely the best time of year at Storthes so don't miss any of it!! Make sure you're at D Bar EVERY night.
MaxWood
Just finished my first year -

It's definitely worth getting to Storthes as soon as you can because there's loads of parties at D Bar before the official freshers week starts from what I can remember last year. I'm 90% sure of that though, it's all a blur now. Get yourselves onto the DIGS/Storthes Hall Facebook pages and ask there and I'm sure someone will give you a proper answer when all the D Bar nights start.

Freshers is definitely the best time of year at Storthes so don't miss any of it!! Make sure you're at D Bar EVERY night.

Do you need to be living at Storthes to be able to come to the parties at D-Bar?
Reply 30
jblackmoustache
Do you need to be living at Storthes to be able to come to the parties at D-Bar?

I'm planning on going this year and I don't live at storthes, I'm pretty sure you can get in fine.
Reply 31
rockyrafc
i think what it is, is that, our accomodation contract starts on the 4th but the 4th till like the 20th is for 'settling in' days and then the freshers begins! ( i think ha ha )

To clear this up Storthes has its own freshers from the 4th which is ace and is some of the best nights youll have there, then into town it starts on the 20th where theyll be events in Tokyos and camel.

And yeah you can go to dbar if you dont live there
Reply 32
Hi im Daniel and im starting at huddersfield uni but it seems like every1 is living at storths lol im in ashenhurst :frown: i will be all alone it seems lol oh well when does freshers offically start then 20th for the town stuff and 4-5th for d-bar ???
Im doing a BA in textiles, and going to storthes, i thought moving in date was the 18th? I didnt know you could move in from the 4th
dsims6
Hi im Daniel and im starting at huddersfield uni but it seems like every1 is living at storths lol im in ashenhurst :frown: i will be all alone it seems lol oh well when does freshers offically start then 20th for the town stuff and 4-5th for d-bar ???

Hi Daniel! I am hopefully starting in september and I chose ashenhurst too! You aren't the only one!!
Reply 35
Twinkleberry Hazelsnarl
Hi Daniel! I am hopefully starting in september and I chose ashenhurst too! You aren't the only one!!

Same, studying Music Technology, although it seems like every musician is at Storthes!
does anybody know what room or house/hall there in yet. Ive only just sent my room application off today
shane.c_91
Same, studying Music Technology, although it seems like every musician is at Storthes!

I'm sure there must me other musicians at Ashenhurst. But I think most people are going to be at Storthes! But we'll have a great time without them :P
Reply 38
Wish i was back at Storthes, such an awesome place to live. DBar is great most Sundays during the year, and every night through freshers. Plus its cheap for shorts, pints averagely priced.
Id make sure you make the most of the vouchers given out at Freshers fairs as it will make nights out quite a bit cheaper. Roll on Freshers :smile: Glad its starting 20th, had it in my head it was 27th for some reason. Anyone know when loans are due in?
Reply 39
hey,

I am turning 30 on sept 24th!! perfect day the friday of feshers week!! I cant wait, i hope to be smashed most of the day!!:eek3:

Latest

Trending

Trending