The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Cool, and yeah I do i added you there :-)
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 61
Heyy guys!! Im doin Architecture and stayin in Snow Island. Anyone else?? And wen does freshers start?
Im doing Nursing and styaing in Snow Island.
Dont know anyone at all so getting rather nervous!!
Anyone else at Snow Island? x
Yup Im at Snow Island too Studying Sociology and Criminolgy...havent even gone to see it yet :\
Hi Guys!

Is everyone getting excited about fresher's?!

If your staying at Storthes Hall, moving weekend is the 4th and 5th of September, and we have plenty of events happening between the 4th and the 19th! Check out the calendar for more information here... http://blog.digstudent.co.uk/digs-student/d-bar-freshers-calander-clubs/

The university welcome weekend on the 18th and 19th of September kicks of the university fresher's week so there is plenty going on!

If you have any questions, or want to meet your new friends, check out the official facebook page at www.facebook.com/storthes hall park.

We'll see you soon!
Reply 65
Hello, Im doing social work and already live in the area. Cant wait til freshers starts :smile: x
Reply 66
heyy i'm moving in soon in Storthes,
studying in Barnsley but wil lbe staying there, freshers start on the 20th?

Cheers
becki-1992
Hello, Im doing social work and already live in the area. Cant wait til freshers starts :smile: x

You'll enjoy it! Been talking to quite a few people who are studying Social Work. I think one lass in a flat in my building is studying it as well.

Myself I'm studying Youth Work.
Reply 68
Sports Journalism for me and staying at Snow Island!
Reply 69
Electrical & Electronic Engineering here! at storthes hall! cant wait should be good!
Psychology and staying at storthes hall, rly excited even though i havnt heard of any one doing psychology yet haha
Reply 71
FIDDY50
Doing Computer Games Programming

Staying at Storthes Hall

btw when does freshers week actually start

sept 12 in huds centre, if ur at storthes you'll probs be at D-Bar for a gud week or so b4 the brave lot start venturing out, D-Bar is mint for freshers but tokes n camel is where its at. And freshers seems to go on for about a month in huddersfield, theres teh 2 weeks of storthes hall which im sure ull be well used to n then teh actually university one. when u start uni u will do absolutely no work for the first week so jus get wasted ;-)
Reply 72
sammel1985
I'm going to be studying at Hudds Uni but not staying in student accomodation, would I still be allowed to take part in the parties at storthes hall?

yeah u will just bring ur student card when u go there, n ur id ofcourse, ull get it all when u enrol
Reply 73
jess_t
music performance, staying in storthes. so we move in on the 4th? i thought we moved in on the 17th!!! but freshers starts on the 19th according to the SU site. xx

The S.U site is rubbish, I'm a student, school n course rep at huddersfield and beleive me ull find that the s.u are abit out of touch but they try bless em lol. if ur at storthes itl be from the 4th, D-Bar works with the 2 biggest student clubs in huddersfield, they work it out so they hav their dj's at d-bar for 2 weeks n then drag you into town afterwards, if u wana know anythin else i'd be more than happy to help
Reply 74
LauraStitch
Im doing a BA in textiles, and going to storthes, i thought moving in date was the 18th? I didnt know you could move in from the 4th

you can move in storthes from the 4th, two of my housemates work for digs (the people who run storthes) while at uni. also incase ur confused, 4th is move in, then 2 weeks of freshers at d-bar (not official uni freshers so u will not find it on the s.u or any uni site.) then you enrol on whatever day usually the 20-22 and you will do absoluteley nothing of any substance for about the first 2 weeks so its plain sailing and alot of drinking for about a month. Enjoy freshers :-)
Reply 75
AimeeRobo
Hi everyone! im brand new to the university, i dont know anyone or the area so quite nervous!

Ill be studying English with creative writing,
I havent got a place to live yet any suggestions?

plus when is freshers starting?
Aimee xxx

Hi Aimee, my housemates work for digs, get intouch asap if you havent got anywhere, if u cant get thru then just give me an e-mail, or reply to this message. Dont worry bout not makin friends or anything about that n the area is very easy to pick up, i came from the RAF last year on a scholarship n i had no idea i was coming until a week before, i literally got off a plane and into the car and i found it to be one of the best n pleasant places ive been. If you need to know anything just get intouch or ask sum of the people on here :-)
Reply 76
Heyy im staying at snow island from the 1st sept '10 (week today) and actually based at oldham campus for 2 years doing paralegal studies then queensgate llb law in last year, what happens with freshers for people at snow island and is anyone else at oldham or staying at snow? xx
Reply 77
I'm studying Psychology with Criminology and will be staying at Snow Island....not sure what date I am moving up yet though:smile:
Reply 78
chunkylover
Psychology and staying at storthes hall, rly excited even though i havnt heard of any one doing psychology yet haha

Hey, i'll be doing psych and probably staying at storthes too! I know, barely anyone on here seems to be doing psych.
I'm on holiday during the 4th, dont get back til the 7th so i'm not sure when I'll be coming up but apparently the sooner the better!
Hope to see you there x
Reply 79
I will be doing Creative Music Technology BMus(Hons) and i shall be staying at Storthes!

WIN!!

Latest

Trending

Trending