The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I was in love with my insurance but I'm so much more in love with my firm! unfortunately I'm scared I may not have got the grades for either....

quotes

To everyone saying they hate/don't want to go to their insurance:

PLEASE ring them NOW and let them know.

They'll be able to reject you NOW and you'll go into results day with just your firm (and so IF you miss your grades and IF your firm reject you then you'll go straight into Clearing).

By arranging this now you save YOURSELF a massive amount of potential stress on results week (getting released into Clearing isn't easy or quick or even guaranteed) plus you're letting your Insurance know so that they'll be in a better position to offer that place to someone who does want it (and everyone can use a bit of positive karma on results day...)

If you don't want to go there then sort it out ASAP - don't wait until results day when you'll be bottom of the list of priorities for them.
I've got Bangor as mine.

I don't even want to go there now, so if I don't get the grades for St. Andrews, I'll go through clearing (which I don't like, but I'll probs be desperate on the day!) or take a gap year.

I'm taking a hand-bottle of Smirnoff to pull a Patsy if I get in to St. Andrews :biggrin:
AnthonyShock
I've got Bangor as mine.

I don't even want to go there now, so if I don't get the grades for St. Andrews, I'll go through clearing (which I don't like, but I'll probs be desperate on the day!) or take a gap year.

I'm taking a hand-bottle of Smirnoff to pull a Patsy if I get in to St. Andrews :biggrin:

They'll be able to reject you NOW and you'll go into results day with just your firm (and so IF you miss your grades and IF your firm reject you then you'll go straight into Clearing).

By arranging this now you save YOURSELF a massive amount of potential stress on results week (getting released into Clearing isn't easy or quick or even guaranteed) plus you're letting your Insurance know so that they'll be in a better position to offer that place to someone who does want it (and everyone can use a bit of positive karma on results day...)

If you don't want to go there then sort it out ASAP - don't wait until results day when you'll be bottom of the list of priorities for them.
Reply 84
I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I really have my heart set on UCL but then if I get into Kings then I still get to experience London. Ive been reading up and getting excited for UCL for so long that going to Kings would be like throwing me completely out in the open...
PQ

Wow can you do that? I had no idea! I'll do that actually, thanks mate! :smile:
Reply 86
I'd find the course boring because it's just German. I think I'd try and change courses if I had to go there. On the plus side, Leeds is a great place :smile:.

Although I think if I miss my firm, it will be because of my grade in German not being a B. Which is also required by my insurance.
Reply 87
TheOneCurlyFry
Personally i quite like my insurance, but at the same time i'd be really disapointed if i missed my firm, i'd feel like i was missing out.

Firm - birmingham - AAB
Insurance - Sheffield - ABB

i actually dont mind my insurance but i will have a very hard time finding accomodation if i miss my firm

firm - imperial A*AA
insurance - loughborough AAB
I'd be tempted to go through clearing instead...
i gots man met as my Insurence *gulp*
(no offence man met firm's)
angrydanmarin
I'd be tempted to go through clearing instead...
i gots man met as my Insurence *gulp*
(no offence man met firm's)

(sorry to sound like a broken record but it is a SERIOUS pain in the arse to get released on results day and generally pretty straight forward to sort out before)
I'll be gutted if I miss my firm, but my insurance is ok... I just hate the thought of having to arrange accommodation and things so last minute.

Firm - Bath AAB
Insurance - Cardiff ABB
I actually think I'll have a better time socially, and more fun in general, at my insurance, so i wouldn't be disappointed, my only worry is accommodation not being guaranteed, I'd hate to miss out on an opportunity to live in halls

Firm - Warwick A*AAa 2
Insurance - Bath AABa

(Maths)
PQ

What if Results day comes, and theres no better clearing spots? After news that clearing will be scarcer, would you advise dropping your insurance or keeping it just incase?

I'm in a right pickle here you see, as I'd still go to my insurance reluctantly, but wouldn't mind seeing what uni's are in clearing on the day... :s-smilie:
I really like my insurance, and they can guarantee me accommodation should I miss my firm so I'd be really pleased to go.

Of course, I'd be devastated to miss my firm.
Reply 94
I adore UCL so I'll be really disappointed, but I think rhul is a really awesome place and I have a lot of friends there already so once I get over the disappointment of missing my grades I think I'll be really excited about rhul. I loved the people in the department when I went on an interview day and it's an awesome building :smile:
Reply 95
I like my insurance as a uni- nice atmosphere, good department etc etc, I just really don't like the accomodation and that'd put me off going :frown:

If I don't get my firm I'm going to be devastated.
All of my friends apart from one hate their insurances, and have said that if they don't get the grades for their firm they're taking gap years :o:
If I have to go to my insurance choice I would be extremely angry at myself for doing so badly and would probably not go there at all because I hate my course as it's completely different to my firm I got told in the open day.. so yeah I wouldn't be going there, unless I could change my course to something else...but then again the area is horrible too.. so no thanks.
Reply 98
As much as I love Manchester, I wouldn't mind going to Edinburgh at all. I'd have to seriously screw up my exams though lol.
If I ended up with my insurance I wouldn't be TOO fussed, but it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth after my January resit results... and the fact that I'd basically be repeating my A level again and I don't want to do that, I feel I'd be perfectly capable of going straight into the first year. :frown:

Although saying that, my firm and insurance are at the same uni and I love it there and I'm absolutely sure I want to be there, so I don't think I'd complain if I had to spend an extra year there. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending