The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2011: Because when you're a lawyer it's never too early!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QBC123
It's been something like 4-5 days since I did the CC SJT and still no reply... this cannot be good! They're my number 1 choice and I want them to want me as much as I want them :P.

Hmmm bit strange that. I did the SJT yesterday evening and got rejected this morning! Must have had a shocker though.
Original post by Rosey2
a no from Allen and Overy too, I wasn't expecting an interview given what a massive firm it is but I really liked them :frown: two rejections by 11am what a bad morning!

When did you apply to A&O?

That's a shame :frown: You will get there I'm sure!
So I was wondering if people could tell me the firms they knew that recruit on a rolling basis, I know Irwin Mitchell and Eversheds I think do. Who else? Do Allen & Overy?
Clifford Chance rejection after the situational judgment test. Was quite depressed but then got an email with an interview invitation from Freshfields, which cheered me up. :biggrin:
Reply 1184
Original post by Lightyear
Hmmm bit strange that. I did the SJT yesterday evening and got rejected this morning! Must have had a shocker though.

I know... I just checked on their online system as well just in case there was something wrong with my email and it still says:
'Applicant Status: Online test completed

Thank you for completing our Situational Judgement Test. We will advise you on the status of your application shortly.'

Maybe I was borderline and they are waiting to see how other people do or something?
Reply 1185
Original post by hmaus
Might ring Ashurst and ask if all places have been given out. I would really like to know soon, especially because it would be helpful to know whether I will be needing to take those 2 weeks holiday at Easter or not!

As for the conversion to LLB, at BPP you can pay to do some extra courses to get an LLB and I presume it's the same at CoL. Not sure that it's really worth it though.

Same sort of situation for me, I would like to know as soon as possible so I know what I am doing in Easter!

If you call do let me know; playing the waiting game is driving me mad.

I think you get a LLB if you complete the GDL and LPC at CoL; I have applied there so think that would be good.
Reply 1186
Rejection from A&O
Latham interview!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 1188
Original post by eve_22
Rejection from A&O

Sorry to hear it :frown:! Can I ask when you applied? I sent my app off on December 16th and have heard nothing...
Reply 1189
Original post by hmaus
I called but got voicemail. Will try later.

Brill!
Reply 1190
Original post by QBC123
Sorry to hear it :frown:! Can I ask when you applied? I sent my app off on December 16th and have heard nothing...

I think I've applied around mid December, if not slightly later. I'm sure you'll hear soon though. They've rejected me twice now, once for open day & now for the VS, so I am guessing they really don't like me there! :smile:
Reply 1191
Original post by Optical_71

Congrats!!!

P.S. I'm jealous! (in a nice way :smile: )
Original post by eve_22
Congrats!!!

P.S. I'm jealous! (in a nice way :smile: )

Thank you! I'm sure you'll hear soon. I sent this one in just a day or two before Ashurst so I guess it took just over a month. When did you apply?

Sorry to hear about A&O- although I sort of gathered that they are not one of your favourites; I think that shines through in an application. Just got a rejection from Cleary now. Still stoked on Latham though; the point is you win some, you lose some. You have Ashurst in the bag and two other interviews lined up, you must be doing something right! It's A&O's loss :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1193

Yay I got invited to a Latham interview last week :biggrin:! What day is yours? Well done
Reply 1194
Thank you! I'm sure you'll hear soon. I sent this one in just a day or two before Ashurst so I guess it took just over a month. When did you apply?

Sorry to hear about A&O- although I sort of gathered that they are not one of your favourites; I think that shines through in an application. Just got a rejection from Cleary now. Still stoked on Latham though; the point is you win some, you lose some. You have Ashurst in the bag and two other interviews lines up, you must be doing something right! It's A&O's loss :wink:

The funny thing is I've applied back in October.... Maybe I should email them to ask, since it seems to be taking them an awful lot of time to get back to me?

Still, I'm absolutely chuffed for you!!! :smile:

No worries re A&O - you are right, I wasn't very into them anyway. I'm sorry to hear about Cleary though; I applied to them back in October and still haven't heard, so I guess it is a 'no'.

xx
A&O rejection!

Not that I expected anything else, still a little disheartening. They're on a roll today!
Reply 1196
Original post by hmaus
Official Ashursts update:

They still have spaces on the Easter vacation scheme and are still going through the applications. They've been a bit delayed by Christmas holidays etc. Anyone who hasn't heard shouldn't read anything into it and they hope to get back to us all soon. Anyone who is thinking of applying and hasn't done it yet should hurry up!

Cheers
Reply 1197
thankyou for the info!!
Hellooo!
I was just wondering if anybody had heard back from Slaughter and May?
Reply 1199
Original post by stuart_cottrell
Hellooo!
I was just wondering if anybody had heard back from Slaughter and May?

I haven't... Applied on 1 November and I'm still waiting. :frown: I really want a vac scheme interview with them...
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending