The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2011: Because when you're a lawyer it's never too early!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by hmaus
Didn't know you had the AC at Clyde too - good luck. Is it for a VS or TC? Mine is TC a few days before yours and they would be my first choice I think. Really want to know what their written case study will actually involve... Hope I don't mess it up. Really want to get to the partner stage as I think that interview could actually go well.

Hi hmaus, Just a quick q, if i'm right, you had a VS interview at Slaughters? How long did they take to get back to you? Thanks in advance!
Reply 1781
The GR at Slaughter's are still refusing to answer their phone... :frown: I've been calling every 15 minutes!
Reply 1782
Original post by eve_22
The GR at Slaughter's are still refusing to answer their phone... :frown: I've been calling every 15 minutes!

I might be wrong but it says a lot about the firm. They know how hard it is to get a VS or a TC interview and once they give it to you they fail to sufficiently manage the process. Not impressed much.
But, good luck, their work is really interesting.
Original post by TomWest
I might be wrong but it says a lot about the firm. They know how hard it is to get a VS or a TC interview and once they give it to you they fail to sufficiently manage the process. Not impressed much.
But, good luck, their work is really interesting.

To defend Slaughters, I called once and got hold of the right person instantly.

Just leave them a message and they'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Reply 1784
Original post by passenger17a
To defend Slaughters, I called once and got hold of the right person instantly.

Just leave them a message and they'll get back to you as soon as possible.

I have done that already. I'm sure they are just busy but it isn't only me who is having no luck getting through... and I have been trying for 2 days now.

I would just like to arrange it before Friday, so that I know where I stand.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1785
Original post by andymt
do you need to swat up on the firm

i would say have a few good reasons

1. partner led teams on transactions

2. really diversity of practice areas, you have the very corporate p.e and m&a deprtments alongside the more personal private client group which is really great

3. and a firm that is defo going places

good luck DDDUUUUDDDEEEE!
Original post by eve_22
I have done that already. I'm sure they are just busy but it isn't only me who is having no luck getting through... and I have been trying for 2 days now.

That's not really an eternity, is it? :biggrin:

They offered you an interview so I am sure they are keen to hear back from you.
Relax! :cool:
Reply 1787
Original post by passenger17a
That's not really an eternity, is it? :biggrin:

They offered you an interview so I am sure they are keen to hear back from you.
Relax! :cool:

No, it isn't :smile: and, for the record, I wasn't claiming it to be. It's just that I have 2 other interviews this and next week and that's why I meant by saying that I'd like to know where I stand.

Scratch that, I've just got through - my interview is now scheduled for this week :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
I just got through.
My interview is in April?!!

I should add, mine is for a TC, not summer scheme. But still. April.

Ring now, Eve! She's there!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1789
Original post by gabbyroslin
I just got through.
My interview is in April?!!

I should add, mine is for a TC, not summer scheme. But still. April.

Ring now, Eve! She's there!

Thanks, I already did :smile: Mine's been scheduled for Thursday this week.

Good luck!
Original post by eve_22
Thanks, I already did :smile: Mine's been scheduled for Thursday this week.

Good luck!

Good luck to you too! Nice to know you already have schemes in the bag though.
Where else are you interviewing aside from Links
Reply 1791
Original post by gabbyroslin
Good luck to you too! Nice to know you already have schemes in the bag though.
Where else are you interviewing aside from Links

Thank you!

I have an interview with Macfarlanes but it's after both Slaughter & May, and Links, so if either of the latter two goes well, I will probably have to cancel it. I cannot do more than 2 vac schemes this summer and even that is a bit of a stretch.
Reply 1792
Original post by KateI
Thanks! I will try and remain positive :smile: Good luck with your interview!

Is anyone else waiting to hear back from Links?

waiting for links interview results :/
Reply 1793
POOMAN - just wondering you said you had a vs at macfarlanes, how comes you didnt get offered a tc? please don't take that the wrong way, just curious really. :smile:
Original post by hmaus
Didn't know you had the AC at Clyde too - good luck. Is it for a VS or TC? Mine is TC a few days before yours and they would be my first choice I think. Really want to know what their written case study will actually involve... Hope I don't mess it up. Really want to get to the partner stage as I think that interview could actually go well.

I'm thinking of applying to them some time today. Do you think its too late?

Advice is much appreciated!
Original post by eve_22

I would just like to arrange it before Friday, so that I know where I stand.

i had the exact same problem - horrific.

any idea how long it takes to hear back from them post interview?
Reply 1796
Original post by arsenalskydivers
i had the exact same problem - horrific.

No idea, to be honest.... They seem to have got back to some people rather quickly while keeping some others in the loop for a little while longer. I'd say no more than a week, though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by eve_22
No idea, to be honest.... They seem to have got back to some people rather quickly while keeping some others in the loop for a little while longer. I'd say no more than a wee, though.

it's a week today:frown:

i'm pretty sure i haven't got it. urgh...

ah well, mayer brown tomorrow; links friday; and travers & macfarlanes next week! going to be a long few days..

One factor is how long it takes them to get hold of your referee (they always speak to them and it is an important part of the process apparently).
Original post by hmaus
For a VS or TC? For a VS I don't know... it's getting quite close to the deadline but I'd say it's probably still worth a try. For a TC definitely not too late.

For a Vac scheme :smile: and thanks Ill do one tonight, I like the firm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending