The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

at some unis 58 is a 2.1, my friend at manchester said it is at his uni, although at my uni im pretty sure its 59
Mine is 60..
Reply 3
Can't you do any retakes?
Reply 4
You could try credit transfer with the OU for a year to possibly bump up to a 2:1
http://www3.open.ac.uk/contact/faq.aspx?t=S&cat=1-1SDO4V
jakemittle
Mine is 60..

the uni tell you its 60, but in reality if you get 59. something they let you off and bump you up
Reply 6
No i don't want to go to OU or retake any of the modules. im going in on monday to speak with them. See what are the options.
Miss Nash
No i don't want to go to OU or retake any of the modules. im going in on monday to speak with them. See what are the options.
If everyone got 2.1s, they'd be meaningless. I'm sure there's still lots of stuff you can do.
jismith1989
If everyone got 2.1s, they'd be meaningless. I'm sure there's still lots of stuff you can do.

Lots of people are already getting 2.1s
Yeah I got a depressingly high 2.2 as well. You can appeal, but I'm afraid it might come to nothing! It's just our bad luck.
jakemittle
Lots of people are already getting 2.1s
Yes, but lots of people does not equal everyone. And a significant minority get 2.2s, nothing to be ashamed of, if you've worked hard for it.
jismith1989

Agree with this. If you worked really hard for your 2.2 you should be proud of it. You can't expect your uni to change it to a 2.1 just because you want a 2.1, unless there are genuine extenuating circumstances or your exams have been wrongly marked.

Not everybody is capable of the top marks, but if you did your best you should be satisfied with what you got.
Reply 12
Tyrannosaurus Cal
Yeah I got a depressingly high 2.2 as well. You can appeal, but I'm afraid it might come to nothing! It's just our bad luck.

im gonna beg them to push up my marks to 2:1 until they listen to me.
Reply 13
Miss Nash

Yeah...best of luck with that!
Miss Nash

That's what my mum's been telling me to do :p: Good luck! I think it won't work for me, my average was 57.9...all thanks to one marker who brought me down from an average of 62. :frown:
jismith1989
Yes, but lots of people does not equal everyone. And a significant minority get 2.2s, nothing to be ashamed of, if you've worked hard for it.

Yep, I see your point..

But for OP, obviously getting a 2.1 will open more gates for her..
jakemittle
Yep, I see your point..

Sure, but being rich might open more gates for me than my current bank account status -- that doesn't mean that my bank account will increase any though. :biggrin: One has to be happy with one's achievements, else work on achieving something else.
Reply 17
jakemittle
Yep, I see your point..

Gates? :rofl:
Reply 18
should have worked harder, grovelling won't help
Shook
Gates? :rofl:

oi oi oi dirty minddd :P

Latest

Trending

Trending