The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Three cheers for The Oaks!

Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hoor... hold on, what do you mean I'm the only one there?

*grumbles* Well, I hope all your halls of residence are made of soap, and when it rains you're all forced to flee to The Oaks in an attempt to escape the disintegrating soapy madness. Oh yes, then I'll have the last laugh, when you're all standing out in the huge mass of bubbles saying 'I really wish I'd chosen The Oaks. If only I'd have known it was the only hall of residence not to have been crafted purely out of imperial leather, then this would never have happened', I'll be sitting by my log fire in my room in my deserted corridor thinking, 'Well, I may be completely alone, but I'm froth free!'

Still, perhaps I'll take pity on some of you and invite you in so I can recount tales of how I fought off a bear using just a pyramid of Ferrero Roche and a rubber tree, but the majority of you are just going to have to live in the woods :wink:

Anyway, I'm not one to hold a grudge, so hey, perhaps some people might be on my course, let's hear it for History and International Relations!

Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hoor... why isn't anybody joining in? Oh for goodness sake, you can't be serious.

Well, I hope all your courses are made of soap and...

*an hour passes*

... and then you'll all be sorry! :wink:

Anyway, I think the moral of this post is that if you're not in The Oaks, or doing my course, then you're in for a soap based nightmare. Still, see you there! :smile:
Reply 1
Lmao!!! :biggrin:

Shame I'm not in the Oaks or do the same course as you lol.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
We Holly Cross and Oaks folk are kin...so does that mean my life wont conclude in soap hell???
Reply 3
Hmm... I suppose you're exempt from the zany soap adventures then, although that's not to say that your hall isn't made of soap, just that if it does happen to rain (although, let's face it, this is Stoke, it's practically on the equator, it's never going to rain) then people from The Oaks (which seems to be comprised solely of me) will get out the giant Oaks mascot, which just so happens to be a 60 foot kitchen roll, and help fight the foam. The rest of you are doomed though, especially since I know for a fact that the mascot for Lindsay is a giant bottle of washing up liquid. You can't fight fire with fire!
rofl....you feeling ok???

Soap.... :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Do you like cleaning?
Reply 6
Yeah, I'm fine, I guess that the idea that all your halls are made out of soap just makes me feel better about being in a seemingly deserted hall of residence. If it's any consolation, I'm sure that everybody elses hall won't be made of soap, and I apologise if I've caused any inconvenience. I'd hate to think people across the country will have been telling their parents they no longer want to go to university because they've heard scary stories involving buildings crafted from cleaning products.

Although I have heard that every hall apart from The Oaks is haunted. By pirates. With hooks for hands. And coathangers for faces. Yes... that'll make everybody come to The Oaks to hang out, and we can have Ferrero Roche parties. I'll be the Ambassador, you just have to come along and occasionally tell me that with all the Ferrero Roche, I'm really spoiling you all. It'll be great.

I'm going to be so alone... :frown:
Reply 7
LOL!! No, you're not!! You're just going to be around a bunch of um, like-minded, unique people who share your errrm, interest in cleaning product fantasies and Ferrero Roche! Hahaha, Ferrero Roche parties are such a good idea lol!!!! Rofl!
Reply 8
Cleaning product fantasies?! They're nightmares! Rest assured that I won't be able to sleep until I've arrived at university and licked the walls of my hall of residence just to make sure it's not soapy.

Crikey, that made me sound more disturbing than I intended. I don't lick walls, honest. Although I'd make an exception if I lived in a gingerbread house... oh... err... I mean... *cough* nope, no licking walls here. None at all, not even in exceptional circumstances. Well, perhaps if I was trapped in a prison made of skips, but apart from that, no wall licking!

(Phew, got out of that one quite well...) :wink:
:hahaha:

...with humour like that, i'm sure the masses shall come flocking to the oaks to meet you.

...did i mention i loved ferrero roche??? To compensate me for the horrid tales of a soapy ending, i think we should arrange a secret place for you to dump a box for me to collect and enjoy, restoring all my positive aspirations for the futures, and ridding me of those foamy nightmares i've been having :smile:

why are they so damn expensive???
Reply 10
I think they're expensive because they don't want us commoners to be enjoying them really as they're mainly to be restricted to diplomatic events. They'll put them up on the shelves as if to say 'look at these... if only you'd chosen a different complementary studies module then you could be the Ambassador now... mmm... I bet you'd love a Ferrero Roche wouldn't you? Go on... I'm sure you can afford them, take them with you...' before you try to take them down from the shelf, at which point an alarm sounds and before you know it you've been arrested for treason.

As for the the proposed hiding of Ferrero Roche, would it be satisfactory if I somehow managed to sneak a box of Milk Tray to you? Obviously, it wouldn't be quite so mysterious as the real Milk Tray man, as my only idea for managing to sneak Milk Tray to anybody is to tie them to a brick and throw them through a window, which has a less sophisticated air to it really. Still, Milk Tray is better than a window any day isn't it? :wink:
.... And I thought I rambled and gabbled a lot!!
Berk
Cleaning product fantasies?! They're nightmares! Rest assured that I won't be able to sleep until I've arrived at university and licked the walls of my hall of residence just to make sure it's not soapy.QUOTE]

I stayed at the oaks in my first year, and that was the first thing I did too. Don't panic. They are not in anyway soapy.
Tasted like chicken :rolleyes:
rofl, Berk, you are too funny!!! expect some rep later, and keep the milk tray, because after throwing it out of the window, the cheap packaging would probably disintegrate, as it's not actually supposed to leave the store shelf, and exposure to the large amount of sulphur dioxide and sun light outside would rip it to pieces :smile:
Reply 14
Mmm... more milk tray for Berk... mmm... cheap packaging... mmm... sulphur...

And with that one sentence I've just managed to push myself over the edge of the metaphorical cliff of friends. In this one topic, I've managed to present myself as a schizophrenic, wall licking, soap fearing, brick throwing, lonely ambassador. Brilliant. That's one heck of a first impression. :rolleyes:
And one hell of an achievement! Lol! Well done.
Reply 16
Berk
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hoor... hold on, what do you mean I'm the only one there?

*grumbles* Well, I hope all your halls of residence are made of soap, and when it rains you're all forced to flee to The Oaks in an attempt to escape the disintegrating soapy madness. Oh yes, then I'll have the last laugh, when you're all standing out in the huge mass of bubbles saying 'I really wish I'd chosen The Oaks. If only I'd have known it was the only hall of residence not to have been crafted purely out of imperial leather, then this would never have happened', I'll be sitting by my log fire in my room in my deserted corridor thinking, 'Well, I may be completely alone, but I'm froth free!'

Still, perhaps I'll take pity on some of you and invite you in so I can recount tales of how I fought off a bear using just a pyramid of Ferrero Roche and a rubber tree, but the majority of you are just going to have to live in the woods :wink:

Anyway, I'm not one to hold a grudge, so hey, perhaps some people might be on my course, let's hear it for History and International Relations!

Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hoor... why isn't anybody joining in? Oh for goodness sake, you can't be serious.

Well, I hope all your courses are made of soap and...

*an hour passes*

... and then you'll all be sorry! :wink:

Anyway, I think the moral of this post is that if you're not in The Oaks, or doing my course, then you're in for a soap based nightmare. Still, see you there! :smile:

:rofl: :toofunny:
that is hilarious!
im going to have to come prepared for this soap madness! gosh what am i saying haha
Berk
Mmm... more milk tray for Berk... mmm... cheap packaging... mmm... sulphur...

And with that one sentence I've just managed to push myself over the edge of the metaphorical cliff of friends. In this one topic, I've managed to present myself as a schizophrenic, wall licking, soap fearing, brick throwing, lonely ambassador. Brilliant. That's one heck of a first impression. :rolleyes:

But it's one we'll always remember :smile:

Im sure you'll be ok, you sound like a funny person :cool:

Latest