The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm doing it just now, so i hope it does haha. I think AH Maths is more likely to follow on more from Maths though. idk :/
Reply 2
matthew93
I'm doing it just now, so i hope it does haha. I think AH Maths is more likely to follow on more from Maths though. idk :/

Pure maths? Yeah, it does, especially the calculus parts.
Reply 3
C274

expand (x+2)6(x+2)^6 :colone:
Reply 4
C274

Yeah Pure Maths. I only do Stats though, i would of taken Pure Maths instead but we had a poor course choice form. :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Bipolar Dipole
expand (x+2)6(x+2)^6 :colone:

(x+2)6 = ( x + 2 ) 6
Reply 6
C274
(x+2)6 = ( x + 2 ) 6

:afraid:
Reply 7
Bipolar Dipole

:afraid:

It's not as scary as it looks, even I can do that ok and I struggled badly with AH maths...
Reply 8
C274
It's not as scary as it looks, even I can do that ok and I struggled badly with AH maths...

I hope so :p:

Tangent

It doesn't follow on from Higher, because the statistics part of Higher was scrapped and moved into the Advanced Higher. So it follows on (in unit 1, at least) more from Standard Grade/Intermediate 2. However, it's a fairly practical, methodical course, that's mostly a case of handling a couple basic statistical concepts that you'll probably have encountered in some level in science subjects and then learning the various different tests, most of which are the same process just with different tables. There's a little more: some basic expectation algebra, which is again mostly common sense, approximating a couple distributions with a couple others, and of course the third unit which is a sort of fire-and-forget survey of the applied parts of the main (pure) course.
Reply 10
TheUnbeliever
limh0f(x+h)f(x)h\displaystyle\lim_{h\to 0} \frac{f(x+h) - f(x)}{h}

I hate you for bringing this up.

Latest

Trending

Trending