The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yeah go for the suit...thrown in a top hat, a cane and a monocle...if u wanna have no friends for 3 years :smile:
Reply 61
A smoking jacket would be much more appropriate.
Lol please don't... people walk about in hoodies, that's your uniform at uni:fyi:

Reminds me of when guys would turn up in suits for Open Days :teehee:
SUIT UP!

These people don't know what they're talking about.

Just BE YOURSELF (wear the goddamn suit).
Reply 65
wear it like barney from how i met your mother though, not like a guy whos trying too hard. people will remember you then
Reply 66
TheSownRose
Not necessarily the best advice - if you always wear a suit, then it'll be worse to turn up in 'cool and casual' and then start wearing the suit afterwards. People would wonder why you didn't on the first day, why you are now, etc. Eventually they'll realise that you were being 'fake' and only did it to make a good first impression.

Whereas if you go on the first day in a suit and then keep it up, you'll just become 'the guy in the suit' and no one will think anything of it.

This is very true OP.
Er no. Just dress casual lol.
Whatever floats your boat
Reply 69
A suit won't get people talking...

A crotchless suit on the other hand. :sexface:
icapturethecastle

Reminds me of when guys would turn up in suits for Open Days :teehee:

Hey everyone turned up in one at UCL.
Reply 71
FranticMind
Hey everyone turned up in one at UCL.

I saw that. A lot looked smarter than me... and I was on my way to a job interview. Most looked smarter than the people wearing smart clothes because they're doing their clinical years in a hospital.

To be honest it's unneccessary :p:
Reply 72
YES!

I would recommend this:

The little girl is optional but would be an awesome accessory :sexface:
MR.PINK
pfft a suit is not smart enough for uni
maybe u should look into something smarter and more formal like a tuxido maybe, or dinner suit with a bow tie, a hat would look good too

Its disturbing how you became an engineer... are all engineers conspiracy theorists who see variables and stuff in obviously wrong calculations? :woo:

-----
On topic: if you have to take the oath of Hippocrates at the first day, you have to wear a suit, otherwise it might just be a bit disrespectful. If you are not a medical student, just wear normal clothes.
I hope that's a birthday suit :sexface:
Reply 75
Please wear a suit.
Reply 76
:rofl:

Please be trolling
I've got a joke to add everybody!

You should turn up covered in soot as that is less silly than wearing a suit

:smile:
MR.PINK
pfft a suit is not smart enough for uni
maybe u should look into something smarter and more formal like a tuxido maybe, or dinner suit with a bow tie, a hat would look good too

Same thing and besides we don't have "Tuxedos" in the UK. We have Dinner Jackets. You bloody spam!
Whatever you do, don't forget your monocle. You might want to play it safe and wear two.

Latest