The Student Room Group

Sherlock

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2120
Original post by pinkpenguin
All this discussion is a pointless exercise anyway.

Moffat is going to reveal how he survived in a way that takes very little from what we've already seen. We haven't got all the information and he's going to add something that we didn't know was there to make it work.

Just like he did with Doctor Who.

And even if he doesn't - you are all going to be disappointed anyway. The excitement of the discussion will outshine the inevitable underwhelming reveal.

Ashes to Ashes made me this cynical. :angry:

Moffat said that everything you needed to know about how Sherlock faked his death was in the episode. I can't remember where this was from but someone posted the quote earlier on in the thread.
Original post by boromir9111
Apologies for the lateness in my reply, i was napping :awesome:

:rock:

Don't worry, I wasn't expecting it that quick. Thank you
:awesome:
Original post by pinkpenguin

Ashes to Ashes made me this cynical. :angry:

How come? I personally thought that show pulled off the revelation/denouement in a satisfying manner. Lost on the other hand...
Original post by Edsterr
Moffat said that everything you needed to know about how Sherlock faked his death was in the episode. I can't remember where this was from but someone posted the quote earlier on in the thread.

^
it's at the bottom of this article :smile:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2087814/Sherlock-fans-Twitter-share-theories-Holmes-faked-death.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I bow to your superior knowledge and won't ask how you know.

I'm a police officer, that's how. Nothing to do with my kinky sexual proclivities.

Which reminds me of another thing that was wrong with the arrest scene - quite apart from the fact that John and Sherlock wouldn't have been cuffed together, they were restrained with chain-link cuffs, which haven't been used by any British police force in years. Rigid cuffs have been standard issue for ages now.
Reply 2125
Wow it was really good!
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
How come? I personally thought that show pulled off the revelation/denouement in a satisfying manner. Lost on the other hand...

Agreed :rofl:
If you want, i can email you a website that has all of the episodes if you don't mind streaming?

Yes please! :awesome: It has the first series too? Could you send me this link? :flutter:
Original post by Jace Falco
I'm a police officer, that's how. Nothing to do with my kinky sexual proclivities.

Which reminds me of another thing that was wrong with the arrest scene - quite apart from the fact that John and Sherlock wouldn't have been cuffed together, they were restrained with chain-link cuffs, which haven't been used by any British police force in years. Rigid cuffs have been standard issue for ages now.

Aha! All is now clear! Actually, I was assuming possible criminal experience, rather than sex....:redface: Yes, I know about the handcuffs being fixed. I had to borrow some for props for a school play, but we didn't dare use them in case the key went missing...
Original post by Amwazicles
Yes please! :awesome: It has the first series too? Could you send me this link? :flutter:

Enjoy :rock:
Enjoy :rock:

That website is confusing me. :emo: It just links me to a place to buy the episode on iTunes? :s-smilie:
That website is confusing me. :emo: It just links me to a place to buy the episode on iTunes? :s-smilie:

Not to worry, plenty more "fish" in the sea....

Not to worry, plenty more "fish" in the sea....

Woop woop :biggrin:
Woop woop :biggrin:

:yy:
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Aha! All is now clear! Actually, I was assuming possible criminal experience, rather than sex....:redface: Yes, I know about the handcuffs being fixed. I had to borrow some for props for a school play, but we didn't dare use them in case the key went missing...

Tbh you can pick them with a paperclip :tongue: Or just tape the key to your face.
Original post by Jace Falco
Tbh you can pick them with a paperclip :tongue: Or just tape the key to your face.

All in favour of inside info. The play would have turned into a comedy if the kid had had the key taped to his forehead - he had to unlock them on stage. Still, any audience response would have been welcome.
Benedict Cumberbatch on facebook:

Well i can now announce a third series of sherlock will be coming soon hopefully in late 2012 if not early 2013

YESYESYESLATE2012PLEASEKTHXBYE!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sheep_go_baa

Well i can now announce a third series of sherlock will be coming soon hopefully in late 2012 if not early 2013
thank you all for the lovely comments

:woo:

BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH IS ON FACEBOOK?! Why have I not known this before!!!

PS - Of course I'm excited about series three too, but I was kind of assuming it would be sometime around then anyway :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)

^
he has facebook?!
but PLEASE 2012, i might die otherwise ;o;

Quick Reply

Latest