The Student Room Group

Sherlock

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lantana

Original post by Lantana

That she wasn't able to get out if it by herself? Nobody is perfect and we all need a bit of help at times. I think it was a really cute scene tbh.

Oh I liked it - I'm just reiterating what my teacher said (but then he is generally very cynical, so the fact he admitted he liked it alone meant that it must be pretty awesome :rolleyes:)

Only a few more hours :grin:
Original post by Lantana

Who can resist Cumberbatch though? :lol:

As Amwazicles and I have said a ridiculous amount already:

His cheekbones :gasp:
Original post by Lantana
I liked her getting several things over Sherlock but I don't understand why people are crying that it's sexist. I would have thought the opposite infact.

Who can resist Cumberbatch though? :lol:

That she wasn't able to get out if it by herself? Nobody is perfect and we all need a bit of help at times. I think it was a really cute scene tbh.

Who can indeed? Not me. :teehee:

I think it's less of a sexism thing and more the satisfaction of the plot. It seemed almost a bit out of place to have her suddenly saved in the last scene, maybe even something of a cop-out. Personally, I don't think it took anything away from the episode, but I think that's why some people didn't like it. :dontknow:

Original post by Lily Academia
Oh I liked it - I'm just reiterating what my teacher said (but then he is generally very cynical, so the fact he admitted he liked it alone meant that it must be pretty awesome :rolleyes:)

:rofl:

Seconded.

Spoiler

Original post by Lily Academia

TBH, I watch Sherlock to drool at a certain someone and because it's clever and has beautiful artistry in it's shooting.

:redface:mg: *squeal*
Original post by Amwazicles
Who can indeed? Not me. :teehee:

I think it's less of a sexism thing and more the satisfaction of the plot. It seemed almost a bit out of place to have her suddenly saved in the last scene, maybe even something of a cop-out. Personally, I don't think it took anything away from the episode, but I think that's why some people didn't like it. :dontknow:

:yes: It could have ended before then - more bittersweet and it would have been even more Sherlock's secret.
Original post by Lantana
TBH, I watch Sherlock to drool at a certain someone and because it's clever and has beautiful artistry in it's shooting.

:redface:mg: *squeal*

:yes: It could have ended before then - more bittersweet and it would have been even more Sherlock's secret.

Why else would you watch it?? :tongue:

Indeed. I think really it didn't add much or take away much. I could 'take it or leave it', as they say. :pierre:
Reply 1184
Wooo a few more hours to go! Wish Irene Adler would be in more than one episode though... Oh well.. bring on Sherlockkk!!!!
What did you guys think of Andrew Scott? He got pretty poor reviews from the newspapers but I thought he was fantastic. Plays the utter psychopath as well as John Simm did as the master in Doctor Who.
Reply 1186
Is Andrew Scott, Moriaty? He is probably the only thing I dislike about the whole series. He is just ... camp. He doesn't really give the impression of being a mastermind or dangerous, just a bit of a childish buffoon.
Original post by Mess.
Is Andrew Scott, Moriaty? He is probably the only thing I dislike about the whole series. He is just ... camp. He doesn't really give the impression of being a mastermind or dangerous, just a bit of a childish buffoon.

I thought that was what made him extra creepy.
Original post by Mess.

Despite my status as premier league Cumberbitch, I have to agree with you. I couldn't take him seriously. When he does that feral snarling bit about 'burning the heart out of' Sherlock at the pool, I just wanted to ask what were the directors thinking? Maybe it's because as a teacher I've seen more genuine psychopaths in my life.....:tongue:
Must remember to stay away from this thread and all reviews online.

I won't be watching this until after my exams on Wednesday.
Original post by sleekchic

You are a noble and deserving creature. Good luck!:smile:
Original post by sleekchic

I wish I had your discipline. :frown:
Original post by wcp100
I thought that was what made him extra creepy.

I agree. I think the fact he's such an unexpected baddy makes him even more scary. You have no idea what to expect or what he could end up doing.

PS - Fancy seeing you here :tongue:
Reply 1193
15 minutes :biggrin:

I love Russel Tovey too so I'm hoping this weeks episode is GOOD.
Reply 1194
Original post by Kaytti

Original post by Kaytti
15 minutes :biggrin:

I love Russel Tovey too so I'm hoping this weeks episode is GOOD.

I just hope he keeps the high-pitched historonics to a minimum. It is the only thing that ruins his performances in Being Human.
Reply 1195
Sherlock Holmes is original British drama? The books were original, the drama isn't :tongue:
I'm feeling a bit paranoid about product placement all of a sudden.
Original post by manupalace
I'm feeling a bit paranoid about product placement all of a sudden.

Samsung tv?
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Samsung tv?

Macbook Pro.
Original post by manupalace
Macbook Pro.

Two things together. You may be right.

And now WKD.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest