The Student Room Group

Boots online application

Scroll to see replies

Original post by n_123
Damn, ive got no chance with a 1 in numeracy then, knew that wallpaper question would mess me up, kept telling me i hadnt completed everything when i swear i had! :/

I hated that wallpaper question it stressed me out so badly!

It took them 6 weeks after the interview to tell me that I hadn't got it as well :/
Reply 41
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
I hated that wallpaper question it stressed me out so badly!

It took them 6 weeks after the interview to tell me that I hadn't got it as well :/

what?! 6 weeks? thats ridiculous! 2-3 weeks is the longest they should take to get back to you really
but quite suprised the assesment is still the same so long after, they change the customer assistant one quite often
Original post by n_123
what?! 6 weeks? thats ridiculous! 2-3 weeks is the longest they should take to get back to you really
but quite suprised the assesment is still the same so long after, they change the customer assistant one quite often

Yeah I know! Obviously I knew by then that I hadn't got it, but it's still a very long time to wait.
Obviously been a while since anyone posted on this, but I had a problem with the wallpaper question too and in the end got someone to check it over for me and they spotted that I had not missed anything and all my answers were accurate.

Not sure I'll get through to an interview now, very frustrating as my numeracy is actually very good and my literacy score was surprisingly low considering how quickly I answered that section.

fingers crossed i guess...
Reply 44
I have just completed the test. The wallpaper one stopped me, but then I noticed the final two totals said "to the nearest", it didn't explain to the nearest what but I just guessed it was £ and it let me continue after that.

I really want to know what the levels mean but if it is how you think, and level 1 is the lowest, I will be furious.

My maths isn't great but I think I did fine and I have a degree in English and I am a writer. Yet my results were:

Literacy - Level 1
Numeracy - Level 3

If level 1 turns out to be the lowest and I don't get an interview because of it I will definitely be getting on the phone to boots!

Ridiculous how hard it is to get a job there, I have a degree in English, I live right next to the Boots (so no chance of me being late due to traffic etc) and I have 6 years of retail experience.

You'd think it'd be rocket science or something!
Reply 45
Original post by GWrites
I have just completed the test. The wallpaper one stopped me, but then I noticed the final two totals said "to the nearest", it didn't explain to the nearest what but I just guessed it was £ and it let me continue after that.

I really want to know what the levels mean but if it is how you think, and level 1 is the lowest, I will be furious.

My maths isn't great but I think I did fine and I have a degree in English and I am a writer. Yet my results were:

Literacy - Level 1
Numeracy - Level 3

If level 1 turns out to be the lowest and I don't get an interview because of it I will definitely be getting on the phone to boots!

Ridiculous how hard it is to get a job there, I have a degree in English, I live right next to the Boots (so no chance of me being late due to traffic etc) and I have 6 years of retail experience.

You'd think it'd be rocket science or something!

I would have thought the opposite, that Level 1 was the highest and Level 3 was the lowest, especially seeing as you said you have an English Degree and your maths isn't great, seems to make more sense but idk guess we'll find out! Hope you get an interview, I have one myself for boots next friday and i'm pretty nervous :tongue:
Reply 46
I just did my Online Assessment for Boots (Finance), and I swear it's impossible.
I got 30 minutes for 20 questions, and by the time I was at question 6, I only had 10 minutes left!
Each table is only valid for 2 questions, rather than 3, and by the time I copied all the values into Excel, I lost so much time.

Not only that, but one of the tables was just plainly WRONG. I showed the values to my housemates, and nobody had a clue how on earth Boots came up with the values... I found that so confusing that I spent ages trying to figure out how they did their own maths, that I didn't have time to answer the question.
Only made it to Question 9 in the end, even though I am in the 99th percentile for Maths (USA)....That's just wrong...:angry:

Are you meant to finish this assessment? The 6 practice Questions took me less than 4 minutes...
Reply 47
With boots, how long after the interview did they get back to you? My interview was yesterday and I am constantly checking my emails!
Reply 48
Do you know if you've previously did a colleague assessment if they require you to do a new one or if they just automatically use the answers to the last colleague assessment you did? I've applied for 2 Christmas temp jobs at boots and it says the Colleague assessment has been completed even though I haven't did it?
Reply 49
Original post by lucciexo
Do you know if you've previously did a colleague assessment if they require you to do a new one or if they just automatically use the answers to the last colleague assessment you did? I've applied for 2 Christmas temp jobs at boots and it says the Colleague assessment has been completed even though I haven't did it?

Hey, I just applied for my 2nd role at Boots too and like you, it said my assessment was completed even though I hadn't done it! So I shall assume they just copy your answers over from your first assessment, which is a bit annoying.
It is impossible to get a job at Boots. I've applied so many times and got rejected. I have retail experience and I also know alot about costmetics etc. It is so stupid.
How do i pass the online assessment someone please help! :frown:
Reply 52
I have worked at boots for two years as a dispenser. With the online test they look for someone who is honest and keen to do extra hours, I think these come up with the online test.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 53
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn
I think I got level 3 but I'm not sure.
It's really hard to get a job there, but the wage is really good so I guess you have to just keep trying! :/

hi :smile:

how much do the opticians pay do you know?

xx
Reply 54
Original post by Lokzia
I would have thought the opposite, that Level 1 was the highest and Level 3 was the lowest, especially seeing as you said you have an English Degree and your maths isn't great, seems to make more sense but idk guess we'll find out! Hope you get an interview, I have one myself for boots next friday and i'm pretty nervous :tongue:

This is what i have just got on the test. did you get an interview?

thanks
xx
Original post by lmgreen21
hi :smile:

how much do the opticians pay do you know?

xx

Not sure sorry! My boyfriend works in Boots and he gets £6.01 an hour but that's just boots, not sure if the opticians is the same x
Reply 56
we'll see what's the next step for me. just finished the online literacy and numeracy tests and scored level 2 and level 3 for literacy and numeracy respectively.
Original post by Smellypop
Applied recently to be an optitions assistant, I got through the first bit where you do the questionnaire and put in your CV, got an email the next day saying I should do a literary and numerical test :biggrin: ive done it and i got level 1 in literary and level 2 in numerical, anyone know what this means? im clueless, high levels good? :s-smilie: I really want this job cause the hours are perfect for me.

That's it! You've completed the assessments and your results have been saved.
You scored:
Literacy - Level 1
Numeracy - Level 2
The Boots Recruitment Team will be in touch shortly.

Hi,

I have also done this assessment, and got level 2 in numeracy and level 1 in literacy. Did you get through to the interview??? I have no optical experience. But could u tell me (if you know) the position that I am in now, whether this is good enough or no? Thank You

Original post by Smellypop
Applied recently to be an optitions assistant, I got through the first bit where you do the questionnaire and put in your CV, got an email the next day saying I should do a literary and numerical test :biggrin: ive done it and i got level 1 in literary and level 2 in numerical, anyone know what this means? im clueless, high levels good? :s-smilie: I really want this job cause the hours are perfect for me.

That's it! You've completed the assessments and your results have been saved.
You scored:
Literacy - Level 1
Numeracy - Level 2
The Boots Recruitment Team will be in touch shortly.
Original post by jadeskie02
we'll see what's the next step for me. just finished the online literacy and numeracy tests and scored level 2 and level 3 for literacy and numeracy respectively.

So what happened??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending