The Student Room Group

Nanny or Teacher?

I don't know where to post this so, sorry :/
erm so i'm just wondering if any one has been in this situation choosing between a nanny or a teacher?
i've done childcare ever since year 10 and i will be in year 14 in september then i'm done at college as i chose it in year 9 and so i've wanted to do it since god knows so i'm sure i want to do it. so i have tons of exp at all different placements plus i have 3 nieces and 3 nephews :smile: i babysit them quite alot.

I'm undecided about uni though i either carry on with childcare and do a childcare course or do teaching .. i only have the grades for the childcare one, but in my placements i love all the teaching parts, planning and carrying out etc. I won't lie i'm not keen on under 1's so thats what is putting me off being a nanny. Dream has always been to be a nanny in the US, but dreams never come true ..plus i can't see me being so selfish giving up my entire life and being in someones home forever..then again i know from my placements the teachers barely have a life with all the work they do but at least they get home at some point :s-smilie:

I need exp being a nanny but none of the placements give you that its rubbish, its all primary schools .hmmmm??

Latest

Trending

Trending