The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Livesindreams
Sounds about right :yup:

Or maybe they go "Hmm can't be seen to be giving out too many A's so I'll just mix things up a bit. This one can get an A, this one a C, ect, ect."

Looks like we may have cracked the marking scheme to higher english! :woo: By the way what did you get for your subjects this year?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 181
David1693
Advanced Higher English, French and Music! How about you?

Cool! Advanced Higher Biology, Advanced Higher Maths, Higher Psychology and resitting Higher Chemistry.
David1693
Looks like we may have cracked the marking scheme to higher english! :woo: By the way what did you get for your subjects this year?

Modern Studies: B
Maths: B
Physics: C
English: C
Geography: D

I'm still wondering how I could pass Higher English and Physics, yet fail Higher Geography...

What about you?
Reply 183
Livesindreams
Modern Studies: B
Maths: B
Physics: C
English: C
Geography: D

I'm still wondering how I could pass Higher English and Physics, yet fail Higher Geography...

What about you?

Higher French A1 :biggrin:
Higher Spanish A1 :biggrin:
Higher Music A2 :smile:
Higher Modern Studies B3 :frown:
Higher English C5 :mad:

That is rather strange about geography but for your results you're probably in the best situation if geography was the only one you didn't pass, I hear it has the highest appeal success rate! :cool:
(edited 13 years ago)
David1693

That is rather strange about geography but for your results you're probably in the best situation if geography was the only one you didn't pass, I hear it has the highest appeal success rate! :cool:

Dude, you need to calm down man! I have been watching this thread and all you have done is get upset about results which I would 'LOVE' to have. These are 'excellent' results and you will be able to get unconditionals at most universities in Scotland expect Glasgow and maybe Edinburgh where you will most probably get conditionals. Don't take my word by the way. So if you don't get your appeals, don't get upset, you are in a great position already for university so don't worry mate.
Reply 185
ProudScottish
Dude, you need to calm down man! I have been watching this thread and all you have done is get upset about results which I would 'LOVE' to have. These are 'excellent' results and you will be able to get unconditionals at most universities in Scotland expect Glasgow and maybe Edinburgh where you will most probably get conditionals. Don't take my word by the way. So if you don't get your appeals, don't get upset, you are in a great position already for university so don't worry mate.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but everyone was expecting me to get 5 As, 'cause I got the dux award and I can honestly tell you that in my school I am one of the only dux's not to get 5 As. But I am sorry if i have sounded moany about my results. Anyway I want to apply to law at edinburgh university so I kinda need the appeals, as at the open day they told everyone that for law you should expect around 15 applicants per place, and they mostly give offers out to those with AAABB - AAAAB.
(edited 13 years ago)
David1693

Well done!
I would kill to have those results!
Reply 187
:woo: 3 days until the appeals are back! The countdown has begun. :eek:
David1693
:woo: 3 days until the appeals are back! The countdown has begun. :eek:

Both mine were in on Friday, maybe you should ask :smile: But I just found out on Monday.

Spoiler

Reply 189
Livesindreams
Both mine were in on Friday, maybe you should ask :smile: But I just found out on Monday.

Spoiler

Really? Well, I think congrats is in order :clap2:. Well done! Now I'm even more nervous about mine. But I'll ask my teachers tomorrow anyways. :crossedf: wish me luck!
Reply 190
Well done livesindreams!
Reply 191
:frown: Our schools not got them yet. Oh well I'll just have to wait a bit more. :yep:
Reply 192
David1693
:frown: Our schools not got them yet. Oh well I'll just have to wait a bit more. :yep:

I've not asked, I'm just going to wait until Friday because I don't want to annoy my teacher asking all the time!
LuhLah
Well done livesindreams!

Any word on yours?
Brilliant Livesindreams! Chuffed for ya :biggrin:
Reply 195
Livesindreams

Any word on yours?

Nope :frown:
LuhLah
Nope :frown:

Aww :frown:

Just 2 more days to wait though :smile:
matthew93
Brilliant Livesindreams! Chuffed for ya :biggrin:

Livesindreams

Well done :biggrin:

matthew93

Any news on yours bbycakesssss?
Ecosse_14
Any news on yours bbycakesssss?

tomozzles apparently the school hear hunnibunch.

Latest

Trending

Trending