The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Milk Me
Right I just got accepted , but do I have to reply to anyone about this or do i just wait on a letter...
Wait for a letter.
Reply 181
MagneticMeteor
Right I tried to ring my firm but it's all busy... I looked on track and my firm offers me a different course at some remote university centre and I definetely don't want it so do I have to decline it ? Will I have then a drop down box to firm my insurance ?
No need for that - if you decline the changed course offer, your insurance will automatically become your unconditional firm.
Minerva
No need for that - if you decline the changed course offer, your insurance will automatically become your unconditional firm.

That's exactly what happened :biggrin: Cheers for advices, now I can just relax and wait for the AS12C letter :smile:
Reply 183
MagneticMeteor
That's exactly what happened :biggrin: Cheers for advices, now I can just relax and wait for the AS12C letter :smile:
Excellent :biggrin:
Reply 184
Hi, I got my grades for uni and everything (A*BBB, Offer is 340 points with a B in German), but my track still hasn't updated. I was wondering if should just leave it a couple more days, or contact UCAS/Warwick to make sure they've got my grades :s-smilie:.
Just getting a bit anxious :biggrin:
Adamn
Hi, I got my grades for uni and everything (A*BBB, Offer is 340 points with a B in German), but my track still hasn't updated. I was wondering if should just leave it a couple more days, or contact UCAS/Warwick to make sure they've got my grades :s-smilie:.

Definately 100% contact - this happened to me and I found out my firm/insurance didn't receive all my results.
Adamn

Yeah definitely ring them up I was the same as you and thought I'd leave it until they updated it which they didn't only to find they didn't have all my results and I had to fax them in. It should have updated by now if you definitely have your offer... Ring them up as soon as you can :yep:
Reply 187
Kay-to-tha-A
Yeah definitely ring them up I was the same as you and thought I'd leave it until they updated it which they didn't only to find they didn't have all my results and I had to fax them in. It should have updated by now if you definitely have your offer... Ring them up as soon as you can :yep:

Thanks :smile: I rang up this morning to double check, and they said that I had definitely received and unconditional offer, and they weren't sure why track was taking so long to update. If it's still not done by tomorrow afternoon I'm gonna ring up again. It doesn't help that I'm on a camping trip in a remote part of Wales with terrible signal! Haha.
Reply 188
Quick Help guys...
I got into my insurance but I dont want to go there anymore as I am taking a year out and re-applying next year.
How do I cancel my place at my insurance????
Finley123
Quick Help guys...
I got into my insurance but I dont want to go there anymore as I am taking a year out and re-applying next year.
How do I cancel my place at my insurance????

Technically, all you have to do is just not show up on the day and it's like you never had a place.

However, it's polite to just phone up and say that you won't be going to uni this year, gives them a chance to fill the place.
Reply 190
TheSownRose
Technically, all you have to do is just not show up on the day and it's like you never had a place.

However, it's polite to just phone up and say that you won't be going to uni this year, gives them a chance to fill the place.

Hehe ok, I'll give them a ring.
I was just wondering if you needed to do anything through UCAS about cancelling your place
Finley123
Hehe ok, I'll give them a ring.
I was just wondering if you needed to do anything through UCAS about cancelling your place

No, nothing whatsoever. You can phone them and say you're withdrawing your application, but it will just automatically lapse when this year's cycle ends.
Reply 192
If my UCAS track got updated from conditional to unconditional, does that mean they've definitely received my results somehow and I don't need to take further action? When I click my offer it still has the conditional offer text (basically saying I need to send in proof I have met my condition). I didn't send in proof but it still got updated. Not applying with A levels.
If my UCAS track got updated from conditional to unconditional, does that mean they've definitely received my results somehow and I don't need to take further action? When I click my offer it still has the conditional offer text (basically saying I need to send in proof I have met my condition). I didn't send in proof but it still got updated. Not applying with A levels.

They might have confirmed your place on the condition that you'll bring along evidence of qualifications when you arrive - that's how a lot of universities manage international applicants or students with non-standard qualifications.

Ring them up and check if you're expected to bring things along for enrolment.
Reply 194
I'd originally not met the conditions of my firm but met my insurance offer. However, I've had a remark, and my overall grade has gone up meaning I now meet my offer. I've contacted my firm, and faxed over a copy of my results. They've replied to say that they have the results of the remark and look forward to seeing me in October 2011 (deferred offer holder). At the moment, Track hasn't updated, and they said today that if it hasnt updated within a week, that I should contact them.

What concerns me is that I keep reading about an August 31st deadline, which is of course, less than a week away. If Track hasnt updated by that point, what happens?
Jamstar
I'd originally not met the conditions of my firm but met my insurance offer. However, I've had a remark, and my overall grade has gone up meaning I now meet my offer. I've contacted my firm, and faxed over a copy of my results. They've replied to say that they have the results of the remark and look forward to seeing me in October 2011 (deferred offer holder). At the moment, Track hasn't updated, and they said today that if it hasnt updated within a week, that I should contact them.

What concerns me is that I keep reading about an August 31st deadline, which is of course, less than a week away. If Track hasnt updated by that point, what happens?

The 31st August deadline is the date by which you have to meet your offer (which you have).

Universities hve until sept 20 to get track finalised. But it would be worthwhile contacting your insurance (so they know you've got into your firm and can give your space to someone else) asap. And if track isn't updated by wednesday afternoon then contact ucas and/or your firm to check that it is going to update. It's also worth checking out what happens wrt accommodation at your firm as well to make sure you aren't at a disadvantage because of the remark.
Reply 196
PQ
The 31st August deadline is the date by which you have to meet your offer (which you have).

Universities hve until sept 20 to get track finalised. But it would be worthwhile contacting your insurance (so they know you've got into your firm and can give your space to someone else) asap. And if track isn't updated by wednesday afternoon then contact ucas and/or your firm to check that it is going to update. It's also worth checking out what happens wrt accommodation at your firm as well to make sure you aren't at a disadvantage because of the remark.

Sorry its kinda not related but pleassssseeeee helppp ya=)
Is there a deadline to which applicants have to make up their minds whether to accept or reject an unconditional offer? I am talking bout post results day unconditional offers btw. Thanks in advance!
Reply 197
Masakei
Sorry its kinda not related but pleassssseeeee helppp ya=)
Is there a deadline to which applicants have to make up their minds whether to accept or reject an unconditional offer? I am talking bout post results day unconditional offers btw. Thanks in advance!
In principle, you can decide not to turn up any time before enrolment. However, if your AS12 asks you to confirm your acceptance (not all unis require this) you will need to do it within whatever deadline you are given. Although you won't be popular, if you have accepted your place via the AS12 you can still decide not to go. You won't get charged tuition fees, but if you have committed yourself to accommodation costs you may find yourself landed with a full year's worth even if you don't take up your place.
Reply 198
Minerva
In principle, you can decide not to turn up any time before enrolment. However, if your AS12 asks you to confirm your acceptance (not all unis require this) you will need to do it within whatever deadline you are given. Although you won't be popular, if you have accepted your place via the AS12 you can still decide not to go. You won't get charged tuition fees, but if you have committed yourself to accommodation costs you may find yourself landed with a full year's worth even if you don't take up your place.

Thanks Minerva.
Cuz my uni tells me that my place can be confirmed only when someone rejects their offer...so it is possible that...i wont even receive an answer until they finished enrolment?
Reply 199
Masakei
Thanks Minerva.
Cuz my uni tells me that my place can be confirmed only when someone rejects their offer...so it is possible that...i wont even receive an answer until they finished enrolment?
I'd be surprised if the uni left it as late as that. The best thing to do is to ask the uni when the latest date that they'd offer you a newly vacant place would be.

Latest

Trending

Trending