The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

And so it begins...

'it' being unis informing students too early/by accident.
Bath's my insurance and I haven't got that email :unsure: Ring 'em, and keep us updated! :smile:
If I was you and got that, email, I'd start looking at Clearing places just in case... :sadnod:

Here's hoping it IS just a technical error :hugs:
Reply 23
I got that same* email and I don't have them as firm or insurance...they were correct to say I personally am not an applicant any more surely?

Odd that it ended up in the junk mail though.

*Well not quite- my surname isn't Biglowe
Oh gods, that's got me started worrying now, just because I haven't had an email, damn results messing with my head :colonhash:
Reply 25
I just got this exact same email too. Bath is down as my insurance too. I wonder if this problem is very widespread? Usually when someone says it was a technical error they don't mean the computer system decided to write us a nice little letter - usually someone has ****** up. I Wonder if this could be in any way related to our results (which the universities have by now.)

Any more information from people would be appreciated.
Reply 26
Technical Errors like that could lead to suicide.
Universities...sort your crap out.
Reply 27
Just got this from Bath;

Dear Mr Deno_7951,

Any automated email received from the University of Bath today has no
bearing on your offer and should be disregarded.

Recruitment and Admissions Office
University of Bath

Real professional lol.
What I want to know is- what sort of careers teacher is advising students to accept an insurance offer exactly the same as their firm- what's the point in that??????
Reply 29
pharmgirl
What I want to know is- what sort of careers teacher is advising students to accept an insurance offer exactly the same as their firm- what's the point in that??????

They have two places to beg if they fail on results and/or the AAB could be subject specific for one of the offers.
Reply 30
Hate to be the one who says this, but isnt it likely the technical error was the email being sent too early
seems more likely that u didnt get in and they had the emails ready or had set up the dates wrong or something
Good luck and hope for the best.
Yep that was pretty much my first reaction... And thanks, fingers crossed for Thursday.

Latest

Trending

Trending