The Student Room Group

Missed my offer but track says I've been accepted. Is this a mistake?

I had an offer from UCL linguistics - AA with an A in English language and an A in either maths or physics.

This is what I actually got:

English language - A
Critical Thinking - A
Maths - B (5 marks off an A)
Physics - B
French (taken last year; that's why I only needed 2 this year - B)
Extended Project - A

So as you can see, I actually missed my offer but it says I've been accepted on UCAS. Is there anything I need to do, like ring them to double check they've not made a mistake? Or should I just accept that they decided to have me anyway? I'm scared they might take the place away :o:
You can ring if you like but if it's quite common for universities to let students in if they're nearly there. Well done!
They're being lenient. You're in, now you can get drunk.
No.... don't ring. You probably won't even get through in a normal space of time. Celebrate.
Reply 4
Thanks everyone :smile:

SirRamAlot
They're being lenient. You're in, now you can get drunk.

Yeh, this is what I'm planning to do!
If you don't hear from them to tell you its been a mistake, assume it isn't and that they've let you in despite missing the offer :smile: Perhaps take a screen shot of track just to be on the safe side incase they try to change it later... but well done! :smile:
Reply 6
oxymoronic
If you don't hear from them to tell you its been a mistake, assume it isn't and that they've let you in despite missing the offer :smile: Perhaps take a screen shot of track just to be on the safe side incase they try to change it later... but well done! :smile:

Thanks, that's a really good idea :smile:
Reply 7
i just logged into my ucas track and this message came up.

UCAS is working closely with Middlesex University following a glitch in their system which resulted in the confirmation of a number of applicants to their courses via communications from UCAS. Middlesex University has contacted all the applicants involved, but for anyone wishing to speak to them directly, call 020 8411 6090.
ibbyibz
i just logged into my ucas track and this message came up.

UCAS is working closely with Middlesex University following a glitch in their system which resulted in the confirmation of a number of applicants to their courses via communications from UCAS. Middlesex University has contacted all the applicants involved, but for anyone wishing to speak to them directly, call 020 8411 6090.

The OPs offer isn't from Middlesex so this doesn't apply to them - and the issue with Middlesex has been on going for more than a week or so, it isn't anything new. In this case it seems UCL have decided to take the OP regardless of the fact they've not got their grades so all is cool unless UCL let them know any different (which they would have done by now) :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending