The Student Room Group

What kind of prediction will I get with these results?

I got my results today, and I got Bs in Economics, Computing and Politics, and I got a C in Maths. I’m 2 UMS away from an A in Computing, so I’m going to get that remarked. I plan on resitting Maths modules and I want to hopefully get this up to an A.

Is it possible to get an AAB prediction from this? I’m going to need it if I’m wanting to go to a good university for Computer Science.
yes, its very possible....you can even get an AAA prediction if you wanted...as its only 1 grade up...and so is realistic
Reply 2
infernalcradle
yes, its very possible....you can even get an AAA prediction if you wanted...as its only 1 grade up...and so is realistic

Isn’t the usual prediction 1 grade up as in BBB becomes ABB? I’ve dropped politics and picked up F.Maths AS level. I don’t struggle at college, I’m just really surprised with these results.

Dropping politics with a B is good I guess. I expected to get a D/E with this, ‘cause I suck at writing essays.

I NEED that prediction!
Reply 3
Coda
I got my results today, and I got Bs in Economics, Computing and Politics, and I got a C in Maths. I’m 2 UMS away from an A in Computing, so I’m going to get that remarked. I plan on resitting Maths modules and I want to hopefully get this up to an A.

Is it possible to get an AAB prediction from this? I’m going to need it if I’m wanting to go to a good university for Computer Science.

For my AS levels I got;
Economics A
History A
Maths C (1 Mark off B)
English D
General Studies A

My predicted grades that i got were AAC, despite my protests to my maths teacher taking into account that I was very ill on the day (heh, same day as my english but i dropped that.) This completely killed my application because every university I looked out wanted a minimum of BBB.

However, I got my results yesterday and got AAA, 1 being a mark off an A*, which I have put in for a remark. So, should you get into the same situation as me, just write a letter the head and it'll force the teacher to move on it one way or another. Getting A's in all modular internal tests wouldnt get the guy to change it, till late december/january :angry:. Applying this september here i come :|
my head of 6th told me last year that he could predict me what i wanted. but it was pointless to predict me something that i wasn't going to get. talk to your teachers they should be able to predict you that as its not out of your reach.
Reply 5
Coda

Definitely!!

I got an AABB prediction last year and got BCCC at AS level.

Just make sure you announce any resits you plan to take early so as to give your tutors reason to believe you'll reach their predictions.

Good luck! :biggrin:
Coda
Isn’t the usual prediction 1 grade up as in BBB becomes ABB? I’ve dropped politics and picked up F.Maths AS level. I don’t struggle at college, I’m just really surprised with these results.

Dropping politics with a B is good I guess. I expected to get a D/E with this, ‘cause I suck at writing essays.

I NEED that prediction!

BBB become AAA if you go 1 grade up....

Latest

Trending

Trending