The Student Room Group

I failed sixth form entrance exams can I still get accepted into them?

I did not get accepted into these sixth forms post entrance exams, I want to take 4 a-levels, Math, physics biology and chemistry and I am predicted 9s for all those subjects. On results day, if I do get those results can I still reapply for those sixth forms? Thank you
Original post by MkTheFirst
I did not get accepted into these sixth forms post entrance exams, I want to take 4 a-levels, Math, physics biology and chemistry and I am predicted 9s for all those subjects. On results day, if I do get those results can I still reapply for those sixth forms? Thank you

Hey :smile:

This would very much depend on the sixth form and it would be impossible for us to say. What did they say to you before you took your exam?
Reply 2
Original post by Evil Homer
Hey :smile:

This would very much depend on the sixth form and it would be impossible for us to say. What did they say to you before you took your exam?

The sixth forms I want to go to are public schools within London (not state I get them confused a lot) but do you know if there is a possibility if I haven’t previously applied to the sixth form like any chance? Can you please reiterate the last part sorry I don’t understand. I much appreciate the reply aswell
Reply 3
If it helps my predicted is 9s for triple stem, buisness, 8s for RE, 7s for English and French and I’m doing external Arabic gcse. But my end goal is to get all 9s and 8s hopefully as I was slacking a bit last year
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 4
Give them a call I know someone who failed to make the grades, called the department explained his predicament and they took him...
Reply 5
Original post by JBFitzroy
Give them a call I know someone who failed to make the grades, called the department explained his predicament and they took him...

I see, thank you for the advice. My plan is after mocks I’ll get my predicted and call them up. But that reassures me so thank you
Reply 6
Original post by MkTheFirst
I see, thank you for the advice. My plan is after mocks I’ll get my predicted and call them up. But that reassures me so thank you

It's worth a shot, it doesn't always work, if you have extenuating circumstances try to explain yourself with that, that you don't want to have to wait another year to re-apply and you can get those kind of grades if it wasn't for x,y z. etc. It helps if you spoke to the department beforehand as well..
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending