The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medicine Applicants 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
+ 2000 post :biggrin:
Original post by Legit

Original post by Legit
Lol basically I had BMAT papers, including ones you couldnt get of the internet. I posted a 2004 paper on TSR to help people out etc, so a month ago he messaged me asking if he could buy the BMAT papers of me. I had no use for them so I thought might as well. We agreed on a price, and agreed to sell through eBay.

It took me AGES to find the BMAT papers but eventually I listed it on eBay, a week or so later he messages me 'Oh too expensive' so I gave him discount, then he said 'Still pleaseeeeeeee to expensive' then again i lowered it. Then around another 3-4 times he goes 'PLEASEEEE LOWER IT' and eventually i was just like GTFO idiot, cant even stick to your word making me waste my time etc.

Now the price was over HALF what we initally agreed on, so he goes 'ONE MORE TIME PLEASEE' so for the final time i said ok, if not get lost. This took over 2-3 days btw, then he messages me saying how Muslims and Pakistanis are xyz, then he messaged me on eBay pathetic idiot pretending to be a Cambridge studnet or something. Then he messaged me more racist remarks, and I was like your never getting into med with that attidude. And he just said oh im a med student, this is for my sister and muslims are xyz.

So the idiot basically wasted my time, stupid idiot. Anyone know if i can email Bham university? I really want this idiot to learn that doctors cant be racist. I have his name and stuff (through eBay), or is that just too harsh to do? :tongue: I cant be bothered anyway, and a few days later he messaged me again 'Can i buy the BMAT papers?' Sad kid.

:colonhash:

Sounds like a right dick. I hope i don't have to see him next year. Tbh, if you could be bothered it would be completely reasonable to do so.

He's definitely not a med student. :rolleyes:
Reply 1982
Original post by gozatron
:colonhash:

Sounds like a right dick. I hope i don't have to see him next year. Tbh, if you could be bothered it would be completely reasonable to do so.

He's definitely not a med student. :rolleyes:

If he does get into med school - I'd be shocked :tongue:
Reply 1983
Original post by Legit
Lol basically I had BMAT papers, including ones you couldnt get of the internet. I posted a 2004 paper on TSR to help people out etc, so a month ago he messaged me asking if he could buy the BMAT papers of me. I had no use for them so I thought might as well. We agreed on a price, and agreed to sell through eBay.

It took me AGES to find the BMAT papers but eventually I listed it on eBay, a week or so later he messages me 'Oh too expensive' so I gave him discount, then he said 'Still pleaseeeeeeee to expensive' then again i lowered it. Then around another 3-4 times he goes 'PLEASEEEE LOWER IT' and eventually i was just like GTFO idiot, cant even stick to your word making me waste my time etc.

Now the price was over HALF what we initally agreed on, so he goes 'ONE MORE TIME PLEASEE' so for the final time i said ok, if not get lost. This took over 2-3 days btw, then he messages me saying how Muslims and Pakistanis are xyz, then he messaged me on eBay pathetic idiot pretending to be a Cambridge studnet or something. Then he messaged me more racist remarks, and I was like your never getting into med with that attidude. And he just said oh im a med student, this is for my sister and muslims are xyz.

So the idiot basically wasted my time, stupid idiot. Anyone know if i can email Bham university? I really want this idiot to learn that doctors cant be racist. I have his name and stuff (through eBay), or is that just too harsh to do? :tongue: I cant be bothered anyway, and a few days later he messaged me again 'Can i buy the BMAT papers?' Sad kid.

Idiot. That's such a pathetic thing to do. I have a feeling we won't be seeing him in any med school, let alone bham, anytime soon though, so I wouldn't worry! :colone:
Reply 1984
Hii guys,

I have got an offer from birmingham.

I'm so excited !!!!

:smile:
Reply 1985
Univeristy of Birmingham scientists creates invisibilty cloak!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/video/2011/feb/03/scientists-invent-invisibility-cloak-video
Reply 1986
Original post by medtobe
Hii guys,

I have got an offer from birmingham.

I'm so excited !!!!

:smile:

Congrats!! :smile:
Reply 1987
Just got an Offer. And I thought the interview went really badly :biggrin:
Reply 1988
Original post by mrt23498
Yeah I went to the tour last friday, how did you think your interview went? which one were you?

Slow Reply, but I thought mine was a bit meh. Not bad, but not good either, was a bit dull. Mine was at 10:15. You?
Reply 1989
Has anyone else put maple bank/ ashcroft as 1st or 2nd choice for accomodation?? I just firmed birmingham aah so excited!!! just need to get those A's now fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 1990
Original post by reb9210
Has anyone else put maple bank/ ashcroft as 1st or 2nd choice for accomodation?? I just firmed birmingham aah so excited!!! just need to get those A's now fingers crossed :smile:

Congrats!! Ashcroft is my first choice, and maple bank my third I believe :biggrin:
Original post by Andrii
Congrats!! Ashcroft is my first choice, and maple bank my third I believe :biggrin:

Ahhh I haven't picked any yet :s-smilie: Does it matter when you do? I'm still waiting for Cardiff before I can firm and insure :/
Reply 1992
Original post by Andrii

Thank you! I couldn't chose which halls i wanted and then ended up ranking price wise... just hoping for one of my top 3 (maple bank, ashcroft or tennis court!!) There's a biig chance we might be in the same accomodation next year :smile:
Original post by wabbajack123

Ahhh I haven't picked any yet :s-smilie: Does it matter when you do? I'm still waiting for Cardiff before I can firm and insure :/

You don't need to make a decision to apply for accommodation, just as long as you have an offer. It's on a first come first served basis so try to sort it ASAP.
You don't need to make a decision to apply for accommodation, just as long as you have an offer. It's on a first come first served basis so try to sort it ASAP.

Original post by reb9210
Thank you! I couldn't chose which halls i wanted and then ended up ranking price wise... just hoping for one of my top 3 (maple bank, ashcroft or tennis court!!) There's a biig chance we might be in the same accomodation next year :smile:

Original post by Andrii

What's our student ID :colondollar: Never mind :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm such an idiot :/

I can't believe I thought you had to firm and insure before choosing accomodation :frown:

I'm such an idiot :/

I can't believe I thought you had to firm and insure before choosing accomodation :frown:

Don't worry about it, guarantee majority of people will wait until the open day and then apply for accomodation. Just make your choices now and then they can be changed later, while reserving your spot! :biggrin:

So whats your favourites?
Don't worry about it, guarantee majority of people will wait until the open day and then apply for accomodation. Just make your choices now and then they can be changed later, while reserving your spot! :biggrin:

So whats your favourites?

now when I try and log on a white screen appears with a load of internet script :s-smilie:

tennis court, maple bank and ashcroft I think :smile:

now when I try and log on a white screen appears with a load of internet script :s-smilie:

tennis court, maple bank and ashcroft I think :smile:

The vale is the way forward! :biggrin:
The vale is the way forward! :biggrin:

sadly I can't log on...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending