The Student Room Group

King's EMDP 2010/2011

Scroll to see replies

i dunno infernal, she said only a rare few maybe very slight chance

maybe they are waitin for results in march coz im retakin...
Original post by kingsmod1
i dunno infernal, she said only a rare few maybe very slight chance

maybe they are waitin for results in march coz im retakin...

no uni gets march results....

but in the event they don't have enough people getting the required score to get an offer....they may interview a few more in april....
fair enough..

im jus guna carry on with reviison now, most likely rejection for me but we shall just wait and see
Reply 1183
dont bother arguing with them nmiah!
admissions women said theres slight chance interview in april, and qwerty got interview yesterday,,, wat is going on???

plus me parents wont let me do gap yr and they wont change their mind

aaah I know - they're just bitter :wink:

I know she said the same thing to me aswell - I'm not going to put my hopes up - for now I will take myself as rejected - but if I am reconsidered - wooow that will be the most wonderful surprise
What did she tell you about your application?
I know I was thinking the same about Qwerty too lol - he got an interview yesterday at 5pm when we thought noone else had - good luck to them

That's such a knock down :frown: I don't know how my parents will react about me taking another gap year if I don't get in either - my mum already moans because I'm on my first gap year and all my other cousins and neighbours have gone to uni :s-smilie: But try to tell them that this is what YOU want - years from now - you will be the one with regrets and wondering how life would have been or if it would have worked if you had reapplied - not them
There's no guarantee of a job or anything even if you don't take a gap year and graduate so why not wait one more year for something that ensures almost complete job security - Try and see if that gets into their heads
and if not, have you applied to St Georges Biomedical Sciences?

Just out of interest - what is your ethnic and religious background? Maybe that has an effect on how your rents view your gap year
Reply 1184
Original post by Master.K
Yeah but technically it's all over, and you guys are gettin' boners for no reason...

Yeah but people are being told different things by admissions, so I think we should all stop making assumptions, however at the same time be prepared for an unsuccessful. Let's just see what happens now.
Original post by nmiah
aaah I know - they're just bitter :wink:

I know she said the same thing to me aswell - I'm not going to put my hopes up - for now I will take myself as rejected - but if I am reconsidered - wooow that will be the most wonderful surprise
What did she tell you about your application?
I know I was thinking the same about Qwerty too lol - he got an interview yesterday at 5pm when we thought noone else had - good luck to them

That's such a knock down :frown: I don't know how my parents will react about me taking another gap year if I don't get in either - my mum already moans because I'm on my first gap year and all my other cousins and neighbours have gone to uni :s-smilie: But try to tell them that this is what YOU want - years from now - you will be the one with regrets and wondering how life would have been or if it would have worked if you had reapplied - not them
There's no guarantee of a job or anything even if you don't take a gap year and graduate so why not wait one more year for something that ensures almost complete job security - Try and see if that gets into their heads
and if not, have you applied to St Georges Biomedical Sciences?

Just out of interest - what is your ethnic and religious background? Maybe that has an effect on how your rents view your gap year

umm they said gap year for me is a no no. i got rejected for st george biomed as my predicted grades didnt reach BBB but neva mind, main 1 is emdp, looks like im guna be rejected...
Reply 1186
Original post by blueee:)
Yeah but people are being told different things by admissions, so I think we should all stop making assumptions, however at the same time be prepared for an unsuccessful. Let's just see what happens now.

Took the words right out of my mouth lool
Original post by nmiah

i sent u a private message bout the biomed
Reply 1188
umm they said gap year for me is a no no. i got rejected for st george biomed as my predicted grades didnt reach BBB but neva mind, main 1 is emdp, looks like im guna be rejected...

What were your predicted grades bubz?

Well - aim for As and try and get into St Georges biomed through clearing before you accept your firm or insurance choices and if there is no places just accept your firm biomed offer - that's one of my plans aswell if things don't work out for me aswell
don't stop believing mate - I have faith in you :wink:
Reply 1189
i sent u a private message bout the biomed

I haven't recieved it mate :s-smilie:
Original post by nmiah

Well - aim for As and try and get into St Georges biomed through clearing before you accept your firm or insurance choices and if there is no places just accept your firm biomed offer - that's one of my plans aswell if things don't work out for me aswell

i have faith in you too :smile:

but how many years does it take if u trnasfer from biomed to med, is it total 6 years?

(read ur private message)
Reply 1191
Original post by nmiah

:smile:
You and kingsmod have a good attitude about this whole situation, hope it works out for you all!
You and kingsmod have a good attitude about this whole situation, hope it works out for you all!

yeah you too!!!!
Original post by nmiah
I haven't recieved it mate :s-smilie:

top right i think

u got it???
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by nmiah

BCC but i intend to get much higher (thats wat i think it is)

wat bout u?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1195

Thank you lovely :smile: I hope it works out for you too
If it was soo easy to get what you wanted - life wouldn't be called a test would it lol - good luck mate :smile:
Reply 1196
i have faith in you too :smile:

but how many years does it take if u trnasfer from biomed to med, is it total 6 years?

(read ur private message)

no it takes 5 i think because they take you from the 2nd year of the biomed course - once you have completed it and into the 3rd year of the medicine course - but you must work your socks off - you can't just rely on passing your exams - but then again you would have worked that hard anyway so it's nothing really :smile:
Reply 1197
You guys want to get good grades and do medicine yet stay on TSR all day? LOL
Reply 1198
Original post by airdoc
You guys want to get good grades and do medicine yet stay on TSR all day? LOL

multi-tasking :wink: lol
Reply 1199
BCC but i intend to get much higher (thats wat i think it is)

wat bout u?

I got ABB in my A-levels for Psychology, English Literature (1 mark from an A :frown: ) and Economics

I'm predicted 2 As for my intensives in Chemistry and Biology this year - I just hope I can achieve that :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending