The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
so pleased we are getting some interviews. hope everyone else hears soon. are you all resitting in jan?
Original post by hopes
ahh thats briliant well done mate. I too got ABB but my ukcat sucks, 637.5 so I really don't think there going to interview me :frown: What were your predicted grades like and the further 4th a/s subject? Ive heard from nowhere but I dont think I actually want too =/

637.5 is a good score though! I think 600 is the average and last year I heard that Peninsula's cut off was around 625.......don't give up hope!!!!

My predicted grades were AAA...and my 4th AS subject was Physics at a B.

So what places did you apply to?

Original post by conorcd
so pleased we are getting some interviews. hope everyone else hears soon. are you all resitting in jan?

Yeah I'm re-resitting like 4 chemistry modules (all of them) and 3 maths modules in Jan. I'm also re-doing my chem coursework, I lost 40 UMS in it!!!

If I still don't get A's after that there's still June...but I really wanna avoid doing June resits because then whole Summer would go horrible for me (worrying about results).

Are you resitting all your modules in Jan?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 382
Original post by Darthdevidem
637.5 is a good score though! I think 600 is the average and last year I heard that Peninsula's cut off was around 625.......don't give up hope!!!!

My predicted grades were AAA...and my 4th AS subject was Physics at a B.

So what places did you apply to?

Yeah I'm re-resitting like 4 chemistry modules (all of them) and 3 maths modules in Jan. I'm also re-doing my chem coursework, I lost 40 UMS in it!!!

If I still don't get A's after that there's still June...but I really wanna avoid doing June resits because then whole Summer would go horrible for me (worrying about results).

Are you resitting all your modules in Jan?

I'm retaking 3 chem in jan and the 2 practicals if I have to. not sure I can get up to A in one sitting tho.
Reply 383
Thanks!!

My UKCAT average was 675 and according to Peninsula as long as I got 300 UCAS points (thats a ABB I think) on my first sitting of the A Levels I could apply as a resit candidate with no disadvantages.

How's your application coming along? :smile:

*fingers crossed for people still waiting!*

Congratulations!
Reply 384
x

Congrats :party: All the very best for the interview. :biggrin:
Thanks for the good wishes everyone...I hope it goes well for all us!

Original post by conorcd
I'm retaking 3 chem in jan and the 2 practicals if I have to. not sure I can get up to A in one sitting tho.

The OCR people said I don't need to do the practical part of the coursework again since it wasn't marked, I just need to do the theory bit. I take it our exam boards must be different.

I'm doing Salters A2 Chemistry

Best of luck for your modules!!
Reply 386
hey everyone, im a resitter with interviews at newcastle and peninsula. i got ABB on first sitting. didnt get any interviews last year (with AAA prediction), so feeling pretty awesome :smile: literally cannot believe it right now.
Reply 387
Original post by funtimes5
hey everyone, im a resitter with interviews at newcastle and peninsula. i got ABB on first sitting. didnt get any interviews last year (with AAA prediction), so feeling pretty awesome :smile: literally cannot believe it right now.

wow thats amazing, congratulations! I take it you have extenuating circumstances? What was ur ukcat btw?
Reply 388
My resitting friend has just got an interview for Brighton!
Reply 389
Original post by hopes
wow thats amazing, congratulations! I take it you have extenuating circumstances? What was ur ukcat btw?

thanks, i was like a kid on christmas day when it came to opening the letters!
i suppose. i had an untimely dyslexia diagnosis. was only looked into after underachieving in exams. really didnt think newcastle would even bother with me as there are people with far larger extenuating circumstances.
702.5 this year, got 620 (530 in verbal!!) last year so i basically met no cut offs waaaah!

Congrats!! When's your interview at Peninsula?
Reply 391
Congrats!! When's your interview at Peninsula?

15th of december :smile: do you have one too?
Reply 392
Thanks for the good wishes everyone...I hope it goes well for all us!

The OCR people said I don't need to do the practical part of the coursework again since it wasn't marked, I just need to do the theory bit. I take it our exam boards must be different.

I'm doing Salters A2 Chemistry

Best of luck for your modules!!

Believe me, I need it. In the last exam, most of my year got a U! I managed a D and there was 1c and 1B. A few of us lost our med school places after that!
Reply 393
Hello all! Congratulations to those of you with interviews - I am still waiting on my med places but was delighted to find out that I have a place at King's for biomed/biochem (I can't remember which one I settled on in the end) this evening...so at least I shan't be spending another year treading water. I also secured a job at King's College hosp so things are looking up...fingers crossed for all of us!
15th of december :smile: do you have one too?

Yeah my one's on 15th of December too!! Its at 16:30 .

Original post by conorcd
Believe me, I need it. In the last exam, most of my year got a U! I managed a D and there was 1c and 1B. A few of us lost our med school places after that!

I got a U in chem last year too :frown:

1 U that I retook to a C, 1 B and C in the coursework.

Hopefully everything goes much better this time! :smile:
Reply 395
Yeah my one's on 15th of December too!! Its at 16:30 .

I got a U in chem last year too :frown:

1 U that I retook to a C, 1 B and C in the coursework.

Hopefully everything goes much better this time! :smile:

Really hope so. don't want a full year of resitting chemistry
Original post by Ulo
Hello all! Congratulations to those of you with interviews - I am still waiting on my med places but was delighted to find out that I have a place at King's for biomed/biochem (I can't remember which one I settled on in the end) this evening...so at least I shan't be spending another year treading water. I also secured a job at King's College hosp so things are looking up...fingers crossed for all of us!

Well done on the place for BioMed - that's the fallback sorted out. And well done on the job too. Fingers crossed you'll get a med interview v v soon.

This thread has turned quite jolly. After its beginnings in the slough of despond that's quite a turnaround. :redface:
Reply 397
missed out on my med offer last yr by 1 UMS...BUUTTT got a letter this morning for an interview at peninsula on 6th dec! WOHOO...fingers crossed for everyone on this thread!
Reply 398
Original post by Namdeep
missed out on my med offer last yr by 1 UMS...BUUTTT got a letter this morning for an interview at peninsula on 6th dec! WOHOO...fingers crossed for everyone on this thread!

congratulations mate thats brilliant! what was ur predicted grades/ukcat like?
Original post by Namdeep

Whooooooo! Well done and good luck for the interview.:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending