Reply 2
Brasileira
My GCSE results are absolutely dire. :eek:

Yes, I've passed everything.
Yes, I'll get into sixth form.
Yes, they're all above a C.

I AM PATHETIC.

Sums it up.
Yes you are pathetic, fishing for compliments SMH.

/thread.
You're not pathetic. They're blummin' good results.

ETA: If you got low A*'s in Spanish listening, speaking, and writing and then a mid/low A in reading then that'd pull your grade down, I believe. Not 100% certain on that though.
How did you manage to get an A, when you had 3 A* in Spanish :s-smilie: What were your marks for the A*'s?

Anyway, don't worry about your GCSE's anymore - they're done. Your A-levels are more important, so continue to work towards those A*s.. and best of luck
Apparently OCR had problems printing A*s, sure that's BS though.
Why does everyone want to do medicine anyway? lol
Reply 7
Just accept what you got! Others got worse than you and would be happy to have your results as theirs!
Reply 8
Go join a circus, they need a resident crap-at-GCSE Clown.
Reply 9
Asustarse&#8207
How did you manage to get an A, when you had 3 A* in Spanish :s-smilie: What were your marks for the A*'s?

Anyway, don't worry about your GCSE's anymore - they're done. Your A-levels are more important, so continue to work towards those A*s.. and best of luck

Umm...
Listening: 80
Speaking: 90
Writing: 80
Reading: 77 (A)

Thank you very much. I don't reall have any one at the moment so I have little support.. :confused:
Reply 10
Asustarse&#8207

well if she got 81/90 (80 = A*) for her 3 A*'s, then 72 (70 = A) for her A grade, then the average will be an A.
Brasileira

But it's not enough for me, I feel I have massively failed myself. This doesn't mean that the results of others who may have more C's orwhatever are bad, it's just all about meeting your own standards.

I got 1A*, 5A's and 5B's. Really, I should have had 8A*'s.
My sciences I f*cked up...
In spanish OCR:
Listening: A*
Speaking: A*
Writing: A*
Reading: A
And overall the grade I get is an A! :eek3:

Also, in Geography - I had a friend that got an A like me. In individual modules they got A, A, C.
Whereas, I got A*, A, B. Yet I still get an A overall! :eek3:

I'm just ranting now. But I want to study vet med. I only have one A in biology and other two are B's.
I plan to work really hard though and get A*A*A at A Level (i do extra cirricular activities too and I'm working on my work experience) but atm I can't stand myself. In comparison to my peers, I have failed. I have to wait another 2 yrs till I can prove myself again - more years of doubting from everyone. :mad:

I AM PATHETIC.

Your results are very good, better than mine. I was expected all A's!

Just calm down and forget them.
URGH - is this what it has come to? An age where THESE are not good results?

Please tell me that this is just the whimsical rantings of an over-achiever.
Reply 13
deathbeforeimmortality
Yes you are pathetic, fishing for compliments SMH.

/thread.

I regard myself as pathetic because the results I got don't match up to what I should have got.
Pathetic because I'm fishing for compliments?
Totally. Completely. Wow, you've got me sussed.
You can always resit a few modules/subjects whilst doing your AS's.
Reply 15
I LOL'ed.
Reply 16
Brasileira
My GCSE results are absolutely dire.

But it's not enough for me, I feel I have massively failed myself. This doesn't mean that the results of others who may have more C's orwhatever are bad, it's just all about meeting your own standards.

In spanish OCR:
And overall the grade I get is an A!

Also, in Geography - I had a friend that got an A like me. In individual modules they got A, A, C.
Whereas, I got A*, A, B. Yet I still get an A overall!

I'm just ranting now. But I want to study vet med. I only have one A in biology and other two are B's.
I plan to work really hard though and get A*A*A at A Level (i do extra cirricular activities too and I'm working on my work experience) but atm I can't stand myself. In comparison to my peers, I have failed. I have to wait another 2 yrs till I can prove myself again - more years of doubting from everyone.

I AM PATHETIC.

Are you kidding me? Your performance at GCSEs doesn't mean a whole lot so long as you did pretty well. I think you did very well so calm down and stop fretting.

I often look back and think I could have done better, but have realised how badly that affects my outlook on my education, which turn diminishes the performance I put into getting the top grades.

I went to a predominantly girls school where they performed superior to me at GCSE. Many of them have 4-5 A*s at GCSE and almost all of them were above the National Average (Grade C).

My grades being A*A*AAAAB + Distinction.

Your grades are equally as impressive. :yep:

With every subject predicting my performance to be B's & C's - I amazed quite a few teachers with my performance. The deputy head of Sixth Form even tried to attribute it to me going to their sixth form. It wasn't - it was because I wanted to do well. All my new school allowed me to do is better utilise opportunities so I could do well.

In the end I got A*A*A and was lacking 9 UMS to get the extra A*. That was annoying, but - I can live with it.

So remember that your GCSEs aren't everything and with the right attitude and the right environment you could surpass the expectations of your peers, yourself and even your teachers. You just have to be determined to see these things through.

Darren
Brasileira

In spanish OCR:
And overall the grade I get is an A! :eek3:

Whereas, I got A*, A, B. Yet I still get an A overall! :eek3:

I plan to work really hard though and get A*A*A at A Level (i do extra cirricular activities too and I'm working on my work experience) but atm I can't stand myself. In comparison to my peers, I have failed. I have to wait another 2 yrs till I can prove myself again - more years of doubting from everyone. :mad:

I AM PATHETIC.

persevere and you'll get where you want eventually.
Reply 18
HighestKungFu
URGH - is this what it has come to? An age where THESE are not good results?

Please tell me that this is just the whimsical rantings of an over-achiever.

I wish it were...
A lot of pressure to get A*'s...it's the time I live in, what I have may once have been considered amazing. :confused:
tbhh i can see if you're pissed off as if you were getting A*s n shizz but then ended up with that then yea you should be pissed

but not the end of the world i dont think...my mate wants to do dentistry n got similar to that (1 A* 3 A's n the rest B's) ... the careers havent put him off but he needs like exceptional AS modules so i think that's what you'll need imop

Best of luck tho

Quick Reply

Latest