The Student Room Group

Deferred Entry (please help!)

Hello :smile: Basically, I've decided to defer my offer for a year but I don't know what to do now... my situation looks like this - it's pretty complicated:
- I'm on a gap year already and I'm an international student
- I missed my grades by a small amount, but luckily I got in.
- I filled my enrolment application already
- I applied for tuition fee (and a few days ago I changed my firm uni)
- I accepted my offer of residence

Well, it doesn't look good, right? Can I still defer my offer? what it looks like? what should I do now (except contacting my uni of course).

:frown:
Reply 1
You should contact them. Each case is different and it might be worth a try even if someone says it isn't.
Reply 2
TomLeeViyo
You should contact them. Each case is different and it might be worth a try even if someone says it isn't.

One thing that's bugging me... I missed my offer, I got in and I have an unconditional offer. For example: they'll agree to defer my offer. Does it mean that they are obligated to give me an offer for the next year? how does it work?
Reply 3
Anonim girl

One thing that's bugging me... I missed my offer, I got in and I have an unconditional offer. For example: they'll agree to defer my offer. Does it mean that they are obligated to give me an offer for the next year? how does it work?

Yes of course. You will get the same offer as you did for this year. Although I do not know what the deadline for dferred entry is. It probably depends on your university and your course, which is why you should get in contact with your university.
Reply 4
TomLeeViyo
Yes of course. You will get the same offer as you did for this year. Although I do not know what the deadline for dferred entry is. It probably depends on your university and your course, which is why you should get in contact with your university.

I will call the tomorrow :smile:

But what if they agree to defer my offer? what should I do next?
Anonim girl

My friend deffered his offer last year and he is soon(seotember) starting his degree after the uni send him an email and induction papers. I don't see any reason why the uni won't take you next year since you have an unconditional offer, so don't worry, however if you're still worried contact the uni.
Reply 6
Anonim girl
I will call the tomorrow :smile:

But what if they agree to defer my offer? what should I do next?

I'm not sure you should do anything next. UCAS will probably display "sept 2011" or something and then I guess you can just go on about your life for a year. :yep:
Reply 7
TomLeeViyo
I'm not sure you should do anything next. UCAS will probably display "sept 2011" or something and then I guess you can just go on about your life for a year. :yep:

But what about my enrolment application, tuition fee and my offer of residence? Do I have to cancel it?
Reply 8
Anonim girl
But what about my enrolment application, tuition fee and my offer of residence? Do I have to cancel it?

I believe this would all get deferred through your uni as well. Once again, best to ask them first, they would know exactly if you need to make additional phonecalls or anything else.
Anonim girl

The uni will sort out the enrolment application, however for the tuition fee you need to contact the student finance england to explain that you're taking a gap year and would like to be paid next year. As for the offer of residence you can contact the relevant people to guarantee your residence for next year.

edit: it's best to contact the uni! they know best!
Reply 10
TomLeeViyo
I believe this would all get deferred through your uni as well. Once again, best to ask them first, they would know exactly if you need to make additional phonecalls or anything else.

Ok, last question just to be sure: so it doesn't matter that I missed my grades? I have an unconditional offer for this year, so they are obligated to give me an unconditional offer for the next year? (of course if they agree to defer my offer) :o:
Reply 11
Anonim girl
Ok, last question just to be sure: so it doesn't matter that I missed my grades? I have an unconditional offer for this year, so they are obligated to give me an unconditional offer for the next year? (of course if they agree to defer my offer) :o:

As long as you got an unconditional offer this year, you should get the very same offer next year. It's called diferred entry, not diferred application or something! :p:
And yeah just like said Viggo before, you might have some other phonecalls to make.
Good luck with that! :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending