The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography or radiotherapy applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Got an email from Hertfordshire admissions saying that taking my age into account, not getting work experience would not put me at a disadvantage and a date can be organised later. This is all dependant on whether I get an interview of course :p:
Well, for once Track has actually done what it was supposed to! Honest!

I applied for Diagnostic, at the start of November, to:
-Leeds (Interviewed pm of 25/11) told to wait till April for result
-Cumbria (Lancaster) (Interviewed 08/12) "wait a fortnight or so"
-Exeter (Interviewed 17/12) "just after xmas"
-Derby (Will be interviewed on 2/2)
-Hertfordshire (Still heard nothing, other than "we've got your application, and Have a happy new year!" Grrr! )

And up until yesterday, what did Track say?
-Leeds <Invitation> updated 15th Nov
-Cumbria (Lancaster) <Nothing!> updated 5th Nov
-Exeter <Nothing!> updated 5th Nov
-Derby <Invitation> updated 15th Nov
-Hertfordshire <Nothing> updated 5th Nov

As you can see, not very useful at all. So I've been a "little put out" shall I say (to keep it clean!) with the endless waiting for, at the very least, it to change to at least acknowledge an interview had taken place, or _something_!!

Then this morning, I get an email saying that there was a change. Finally!!!
The "fortnight or so" wait for Cumbria has been over a month, but then again, better late than never (although with my current experience with Track, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference!)
I've a conditional place which is as good as given: The condition is for a suitable health and criminal check, and seeing as I've worked in Care homes and taught in schools before, as well as most likely only just needing a booster vaccination for my Hep B, then that should be fairly straightforward. The hard part methinks would be the paperwork. Anyone got any idea how lancaster deals with this? I've got a whole stack of previous Disclosure Scotland forms, but I've never dealt with the English CRB before. Someone mentioned Lancaster send out a letter explaining the ways of fulfilling these conditions. Is that before or after acceptance of an offer?
So, although Cumbria isn't my first choice, I now at least know that I'm going somewhere. Hurray!

And for those of you wondering if Track is any good: No it's not. at least not in my experience!
Good luck to the rest of you.
Original post by Ashley88
Hey folks haven't been on here in a while, anyone applied to Derby and or Leeds? I got an interview for Leeds 9th Feb and Derby 2nd March. Any one got interviews from any of these places on these dates? Cheers

I have an interview for Derby on the 16th Feb.
Not sure if I am going yet though.
Original post by yaschaeffer

The "fortnight or so" wait for Cumbria has been over a month, but then again, better late than never (although with my current experience with Track, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference!)
I've a conditional place which is as good as given: The condition is for a suitable health and criminal check, and seeing as I've worked in Care homes and taught in schools before, as well as most likely only just needing a booster vaccination for my Hep B, then that should be fairly straightforward. The hard part methinks would be the paperwork. Anyone got any idea how lancaster deals with this? I've got a whole stack of previous Disclosure Scotland forms, but I've never dealt with the English CRB before. Someone mentioned Lancaster send out a letter explaining the ways of fulfilling these conditions. Is that before or after acceptance of an offer?
So, although Cumbria isn't my first choice, I now at least know that I'm going somewhere. Hurray!

And for those of you wondering if Track is any good: No it's not. at least not in my experience!

I applied for Cumbria last year and they were my firm choice so I did all the paperwork and then didn't get the grades.

If you put them as your firm or insurance you get a letter with a log in and password and you fill in all the info for a CRB online and then you take your documents to the Uni on a "signing day" and then sign the CRB papers. This was in June.
The health check is a form which is sent to you and you fill out half and your doctor fills out half and you need proof of vaccines. If you need a Hep B vaccine it is done in the first few weeks of stating the Uni.
You also get the accommodation info sent to you after you choose them as firm or insurance.

I have an interview for Cumbria at Lancaster on the 9th of Feb and if I get an offer they will be my firm choice again this year :smile:

-Cumbria (Lancaster) (Interviewed 08/12) &quot;wait a fortnight or so&quot;
-Exeter (Interviewed 17/12) &quot;just after xmas&quot;
-Hertfordshire (Still heard nothing, other than &quot;we've got your application, and Have a happy new year!&quot; Grrr! )

-Leeds &lt;Invitation&gt; updated 15th Nov
-Cumbria (Lancaster) &lt;Nothing!&gt; updated 5th Nov
-Exeter &lt;Nothing!&gt; updated 5th Nov
-Derby &lt;Invitation&gt; updated 15th Nov
-Hertfordshire &lt;Nothing&gt; updated 5th Nov

As you can see, not very useful at all. So I've been a &quot;little put out&quot; shall I say (to keep it clean!) with the endless waiting for, at the very least, it to change to at least acknowledge an interview had taken place, or _something_!!

The &quot;fortnight or so&quot; wait for Cumbria has been over a month, but then again, better late than never (although with my current experience with Track, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference!)

Hey,

I know what you mean, track doesn't seem to update anything. So you get emails from UCAS letting you know when it is updated? because Im sorta tired or refreshing every 15 minutes or so :p: Glad its worked out for you. Looks like there is hope yet :thumbsup:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by amani-puresapphire
Hey,

I know what you mean, track doesn't seem to update anything. So you get emails from UCAS letting you know when it is updated? because Im sorta tired or refreshing every 15 minutes or so :p: Glad its worked out for you. Looks like there is hope yet :thumbsup:

Yeah you get an email saying "Your UCAS Status has changed". It doesn't tell you wheat has change though so you have to log in to track to see what has been updated.

So far I have 1 interview updated on track and 1 interview just sent in the post and not on track.
Got a conditional offer for Diagnostic from UWE :biggrin: only went to the interview on Monday!
Three conditionals now! I don't know which two to pick though :/
Original post by katiekerchow

Got a conditional offer for Diagnostic from UWE :biggrin: only went to the interview on Monday!

I'll have the one you don't want :wink: haha

-Cumbria (Lancaster) (Interviewed 08/12) "wait a fortnight or so"
-Exeter (Interviewed 17/12) "just after xmas"
-Hertfordshire (Still heard nothing, other than "we've got your application, and Have a happy new year!" Grrr! )

-Leeds <Invitation> updated 15th Nov
-Cumbria (Lancaster) <Nothing!> updated 5th Nov
-Exeter <Nothing!> updated 5th Nov
-Derby <Invitation> updated 15th Nov
-Hertfordshire <Nothing> updated 5th Nov

As you can see, not very useful at all. So I've been a "little put out" shall I say (to keep it clean!) with the endless waiting for, at the very least, it to change to at least acknowledge an interview had taken place, or _something_!!

Hiya,

We have had very different experiences with Track it seems. It has updated fine for me. Very strange. Glad to see you got an offer from Cumbria as well. I have the same conditions about passing the health & CRB stuff. I contacted them about it and they said they will be in touch in May with further info about the checks.

I think you have to reply to UCAS about your firm/insurance choices in May so I guess they will send you the stuff after you accept. Is Exeter still your fave choice out of the five?

Hope you get some more news soon.

Original post by razzmatazz rach
Yeah you get an email saying "Your UCAS Status has changed". It doesn't tell you wheat has change though so you have to log in to track to see what has been updated.

So far I have 1 interview updated on track and 1 interview just sent in the post and not on track.

Track seems to be very random - both interviews for Cumbria and Derby showed up on Track and I got the email saying something on there had changed. Then it took a while after that before I got the paperwork in the post from Derby that was mentioned on Track.

Wow, bet you are thrilled! Congratultions :smile: where else are your offers from?
(edited 13 years ago)

Congratulations, you must have ACED them :biggrin: My interview at UWE is all the way in March :s-smilie:

-Cumbria (Lancaster) (Interviewed 08/12) &quot;wait a fortnight or so&quot;
-Exeter (Interviewed 17/12) &quot;just after xmas&quot;
-Hertfordshire (Still heard nothing, other than &quot;we've got your application, and Have a happy new year!&quot; Grrr! )

-Leeds &lt;Invitation&gt; updated 15th Nov
-Cumbria (Lancaster) &lt;Nothing!&gt; updated 5th Nov
-Exeter &lt;Nothing!&gt; updated 5th Nov
-Derby &lt;Invitation&gt; updated 15th Nov
-Hertfordshire &lt;Nothing&gt; updated 5th Nov

As you can see, not very useful at all. So I've been a &quot;little put out&quot; shall I say (to keep it clean!) with the endless waiting for, at the very least, it to change to at least acknowledge an interview had taken place, or _something_!!

The &quot;fortnight or so&quot; wait for Cumbria has been over a month, but then again, better late than never (although with my current experience with Track, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference!)

Hey, your derby interview is on the 2nd of feb?
I guess I'll see you there :smile:
I've applied for diagnostic radiography:

hertfordshire - (no news)

teeside - (no news)

london south bank - (no news)

bradford - ( got an interview in feb)

& universtiy campus suffolk (got interview asked to change as it was set during exams, havent got new date back though :/ )

anyone else applying to any of the uni's i picked? and have you got any interviews? or offers?

hey!
congratulations on your offer and i got one too!
and i was there on monday! What time was your interview?
Reply 813
Hertfordshire: Acknowledgement
London South Bank: Nothing
City London: Nothing
Kingston: Interview
UCS: Interview
I've just applied today to Liverpool/Leeds/Salford/Sheffield/Portsmouth

I have fantastic GCSE results, mediocre A-Levels and a not great BSc degree! (this was primarily due to my college days and original university stint being more focused on the social aspect than the study aspect!)

A few years later though, as a mature student with tons of work experience, I feel I've grown up a lot more now and actually want to get a good qualification and career.. amazing how things change!

Anyway, with my grades I think it's unlikely I'll get an offer but I have my fingers crossed! Just hoping to get an interview so I can express and explain myself better than a 4000 character statement (which was difficult I'm sure you can all agree!)

Are there any other mature students applying with average to not good qualifications but varied work history professional experience / references? If so, what sort of responses have you been receiving?

Original post by dreaminchicken

Track seems to be very random - both interviews for Cumbria and Derby showed up on Track and I got the email saying something on there had changed. Then it took a while after that before I got the paperwork in the post from Derby that was mentioned on Track.

Yeah I just got an Email from Cumbria about my interview. It took about 2 weeks for my letter from Derby after track updated. Track updated on Christmas eve so I think all the bank holidays delayed it.
Hello all. Got an interview for Derby on the 2nd of February. Anyone else attending on that date? Im quite nervous and want to know what the written task/group activity will entail!
Original post by Stinger122

Original post by Stinger122
Hello all. Got an interview for Derby on the 2nd of February. Anyone else attending on that date? Im quite nervous and want to know what the written task/group activity will entail!

Hey :smile:
I've an interview at derby the same date :smile:
so I'll see you there haha
I've no idea what to expect really, i've had one interview but there was no group task or
written task,
anyone have experience of this? :smile:
Original post by amani-puresapphire
Congratulations, you must have ACED them :biggrin: My interview at UWE is all the way in March :s-smilie:

Thanks! So happy! Good Luck! the interview is so casual, the people interviewing me were lovely :smile: you'll be fine.
Original post by melissaevans
hey!
congratulations on your offer and i got one too!
and i was there on monday! What time was your interview?

Well done! I was so happy when I found out! It was at half ten. When was yours? Had any more offers? :biggrin:

Original post by dreaminchicken
Hiya,

We have had very different experiences with Track it seems. It has updated fine for me. Very strange. Glad to see you got an offer from Cumbria as well. I have the same conditions about passing the health &amp; CRB stuff. I contacted them about it and they said they will be in touch in May with further info about the checks.

I think you have to reply to UCAS about your firm/insurance choices in May so I guess they will send you the stuff after you accept. Is Exeter still your fave choice out of the five?

Hope you get some more news soon.

Wow, bet you are thrilled! Congratultions :smile: where else are your offers from?

Thank you! I have offers from UWE, Hertfordshire and Liverpool. So surprised at the Hertfordshire one, I thought the interview was horrid! How are you getting on?

Original post by AmeliaLily (:
I'll have the one you don't want :wink: haha

If only it worked like that! How are you getting on?

Quick Reply

Latest