The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hah. From the list I read 'Philosophy: The Basics' by Nigel Warburton, and that was pretty easy to digest.

I really need to practise my Maths this week though, I haven't done any since my last exam in June. :eek:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 21
oh god, i haven't read any from the list - but i guess i did go through some of it in my rs alevel. is anyone thinking of taking psychology as an open unit? and callum- i know what you mean about the bb house, just hoping everyone's not quite as eccentric!
Reply 22
same, done no maths since my last exam. need to brush up a bit. did you do any further maths or just general maths a level?

don't worry elemc - i haven't read any of the books or done any philosophy before. infact god knows how i got in, apart from reading sophies world i'm ignorant to philosophy really!
CallumH
Anyway, what's the average boy/girl ratio in Goldney flats?

Usually 50:50. Flats have 4 boys and 4 girls (or 3 of each if you're in one of the 6 rooms flats). The only time you get an imbalance is if you live in a flat with a tutor, as I did last year, then there are only 7 rooms. There were 4 girls and 3 boys in my flat last year.

It is a bit like moving into the BB house! I was first in last year and had to wait for people to arrive, which was a bit weird, although I did get to choose my cupboards in the kitchen! I'll be first in again this year because I'm a second year so I'm returning on Friday to help you guys move in on Saturday. You should find that there's a second year already in your flat, as most flats have returners. We're nice people, you can ask us for help if you don't know where things are or how things work

Hopefully I'll meet some of you when you get there (hey, you might even be lucky enough to be living with me :wink: )- I should be wearing a Goldney Returner T-Shirt with "Tam The Vet" on the back. If you see me, prod me and say "hey, I'm so-and-so from TSR".

Good luck with the packing!
What time are we supposed to get to Goldney? 'Cos I go on a Geog field trip from thurs-sat, and we're getting dropped off back in Bristol at about 12 on the Saturday morning. Will we be able to start moving our stuff in as soon as we get there?
Reply 25
I thought the time was set at 2:30, but I may be mistaken.
Reply 26
Hmmmmmm.....is it bad that I picked Goldney and hence self-catering when I CAN'T COOK TO SAVE MY LIFE!!!!! Oops :rolleyes:
Hey guys i'm in Goldney too :-) looking forward to it. Anyone know if there is any space under the beds? Cos i've seen some storage boxes that would fit perfectly. And I have no idea what time to move in yet, none of the stuff they sent said anything about moving in apart from that the 1st was the beginning of term.

yay
Reply 28
SheffKatie
hi i'm not in goldney but i'm doing philosophy... well, maths and philosophy! also yannie i'm from sheffield, where did you do A levels? up the northerners!

hahaha katie ive just realised i think i know you!! im steffs (steff wright)friend, you were the bassist in international two! hehe this is funny i was at V fest with you..
Reply 29
hh027
Hmmmmmm.....is it bad that I picked Goldney and hence self-catering when I CAN'T COOK TO SAVE MY LIFE!!!!! Oops :rolleyes:

don't worry....i'm in exactly the same boat - trying to choose between delia smith and jamie oliver cookbook to accompany me throughout the year. and hey forbidden fruit! have no idea really when we're moving in either, apparently it's done alphabetically!? :confused:
Reply 30
oh my god seriously??? hahaha how disturbing i actually know someone on here... i take it you're the one who plays drums? i'm so sorry i can't remember your name! wow! i never knew you were coming to bristol, cool!! we can have a northern massive...
Reply 31
SheffKatie
oh my god seriously??? hahaha how disturbing i actually know someone on here... i take it you're the one who plays drums? i'm so sorry i can't remember your name! wow! i never knew you were coming to bristol, cool!! we can have a northern massive...

haha im up for the northern massive, help us from gaining a bristol accent!! you going to the arctic monkeys gig on the 12th?
Reply 32
no sold out :frown: did you ever seen them in sheff before they went massive? got one up on all these southerners :wink:

whats your name again? i feel really rude talking to you but being so ignorant!! oo if you have msn - [email protected] :biggrin: (how scary is that smiley??)
Reply 33
yeah saw them once in the harley but was so packed couldnt see a thing! ah im hoping someone else got tickets before they sold out else i'll be going by myself!
im alice :smile:
Reply 34
damn it i wonder if theres any way of getting a ticket without resorting to paying large amounts of money on ebay? lol. you still playing drums?
Reply 35
hehe think must be lyd you thinking about who plays drums, dont worry bout it i'll surprise you one day in bristol! hmmm unless you make very good friends with manager of the bierkeller very fast, sadly i think ebay is the only way grr..
Reply 36
oh sorry!!! feel bad now, but i haven't seen steff or any of her friends for about a year, so i'm getting a bit mixed up! sorry :smile:
Reply 37
all good :smile:
hmm really would be usefull to know what time to arrive, have heard about 6 different ones sofar- all very confusing. also are there any ents on for the 1st nite?
Hey guys,

Firstly, there is loads of room under your beds, so storage boxes would be a good idea.

Secondly, I think the School Disco party is on the first night, but it may just be the official "Opening of the Bar" as it was last year. Either way, the bar will be packed (I'm warning you now!) and you'll say "Hi, who are you, where do you come from and what do you study?" to loads of people who you'll probably never speak to again. But that's how it goes.

Finally, make sure you're looking fab and have your big smiles on, because Darkroom Dan :love: will be there snapping away with his camera.

See you all in the bar!
Reply 39
I can't wait for goldney. I can cook a bit, (and being male doesn't make that mutually exclusive). I can't figure out what to wear for a bond night besides just a suit (which is hardly original). If any goldney people have msn [email protected] is mine.
I might as well get in contact with possible room mates

Latest

Trending

Trending