The Student Room Group

Aerospace engineering university choices

anyway, i got BBBC for AS levels a week ago in maths ( i got 81% in maths and still didnt give me an A) physics, design and C in chem.

i will retake a couple exams to get AABC for AS overall but this will be released in march, much time after universities give you offers. i know i can get these grades because i got very high B's this time round.

i want to do aero engineering and will be applying to imperial( they want AAA) manchester AAB, leicester AAB-ABB, queen mary 340 tariff points, so i wanted to know what are the chances of me getting an offer from all of these uni's particuly imperial and manchester because i like them most.?
also is leicester a good uni overall?

oh and i am peridicted A*AAB at the end of A2 and C in AS further maths
Reply 1
Goku101
anyway, i got BBBC for AS levels a week ago in maths ( i got 81% in maths and still didnt give me an A) physics, design and C in chem.

i will retake a couple exams to get AABC for AS overall but this will be released in march, much time after universities give you offers. i know i can get these grades because i got very high B's this time round.

i want to do aero engineering and will be applying to imperial( they want AAA) manchester AAB, leicester AAB-ABB, queen mary 340 tariff points, so i wanted to know what are the chances of me getting an offer from all of these uni's particuly imperial and manchester because i like them most.?
also is leicester a good uni overall?

oh and i am peridicted A*AAB at the end of A2 and C in AS further maths

Im afraid imperial will want A*AA that is if you do A2 furhter maths. If you do AS further maths you will need A*AA and A in the AS FM.

With those predicted results you may get offers form a lot of places. But apply early as it is easier to get an offer! (It really is!)

I would look at Southampton / Bristol / Loughborough as well.

I would leave leicester as they are not accredited.

I would put Imperial then two 3 A uni and 2 AAB unis

good luck!
Im going soton this year so may be able to help you later!

Latest