The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 1
no, It is illegal in the UK to be in public and consume alcohol unless it is in a specially designated area or on private land.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Steeeeevo
no, It is illegal in the UK to be in public and consume alcohol unless it is in a specially designated area or on private land.

I thought it was pretty much the opposite and that it's illegal in certain 'zones' after you've been asked to stop...
Reply 3
Sgt.Fox
I thought it was pretty much the opposite and that it's illegal in certain 'zones' after you've been asked to stop...

Im pretty sure its most public places, I even know of someone that was locked up for drinking in public (just temporarily and was let out with a fine) and that is why pubs only let you drink outside as long as they own the land.
Reply 4
what a random convo anyway! who wants to consume alcolhol in a public place anyway!? sorry, jst thought it was a bit strange!
Reply 5
Ali_Pally
what a random convo anyway! who wants to consume alcolhol in a public place anyway!? sorry, jst thought it was a bit strange!

have you never been outside debenhams and thought wait a min.....I have some glenmorangie in my bag? :biggrin: Uni will be fun
Reply 6
funny thing is tho....u lot didn't even answer my question lol....specially the second one!!
Reply 7
hussain
funny thing is tho....u lot didn't even answer my question lol....specially the second one!!

I answered your fist one, and its no.
Reply 8
oh sorry mate i forgot about that..
hussain
im sure we can walk around the uni with a drink in our hands providing youre not in a stupid state? when i mean walk around, i mean around the outside etc... if not plz correct me if im wrong lol...

and also...im wondering where all the bars/pubs are (and closest newsagents)..and their opening hours etc...

I thought u dont drink..
Reply 10
what made u think that.....don't be decieved by the name ....

maybe u ought to ask me somefew more quwstions before you think what ever you just thought....

'i thought you don't drink' lol......how long have u known me for mate? lol
hussain
what made u think that.....don't be decieved by the name ....

maybe u ought to ask me somefew more quwstions before you think what ever you just thought....

'i thought you don't drink' lol......how long have u known me for mate? lol

lol.. i was decieved by ur name, change it.. :p: .. it sounds like a hardcore muslim :p:
Reply 12
well this thread could start to get ugly.....
Reply 13
we all learn something new mate ....

lets just leave it that... :smile:
Reply 14
hussain

where we you on saturday? non-res meeting. It was pretty rubbish but did you attend?
Reply 15
yes i did my friend..
hussain

hey i am muslim by name as well .. so dont mind :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending