The Student Room Group

Resits information and questions

Scroll to see replies

Probably should mention its for AQA Chemistry
aJohnsonsun
I did absolutely terrible, ended up with BCDE in Maths, Computing, Physics, Further Maths. I think I'm one mark off an A in maths so I'll resit c4 where I got a D, I'll also be resitting M2 & FP3(both U's) aswell as CG3(U).

Am I right in thinking 80%+ overall in a subject is an A?

Yup.. But remember it's always 80% in ums!!! And that is an A

I know people who missed out 6 marks worth of questions in a exam... But they got 90/90.... Because the exam was really hard it got moderated..

Also did you do edexcel for maths and further maths??? And what about physics... Did you do advancing physics ? Which I think is OCR b?

And yeh I'm kinda in similar position to you... Also what do you think of fp1 n fp2 in retrospect to c3 n c4... Cause I'm thinking of doing further maths, wasn't sure how easy further maths as was..

Specially fp1

Thxx
(edited 13 years ago)
Soppe
Yup.. But remember it's always 80% in ums!!! And that is an A

I know people who missed out 6 marks worth of questions in a exam... But they got 90/90.... Because the exam was really hard it got moderated..

Also did you do edexcel for maths and further maths??? And what about physics... Did you do advancing physics ? Which I think is OCR b?

And yeh I'm kinda in similar position to you... Also what do you think of fp1 n fp2 in retrospect to c3 n c4... Cause I'm thinking of doing further maths, wasn't sure how easy further maths as was..

Specially fp1

Thxx

I did OCR maths & Edexcel Physics.

I did OCR FP1 & FP3, FP1 was relatively ok apart from I messed up on two high mark questions. I found FP3 very hard in June, I mean extremely hard, but I blame my lack of revision for that, so hopefully this time I'll be more prepared.

I'd say FP1 isn't much harder than C3 & C4 but FP3 is in my opinion.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 403
The Double
Is it possible to do this?

My EMPA result was the reason I missed out on a B this year

I've also been trying to find this out, on my schools resit form it says it isnt available but I spoke to someone who had asked the head of Chemistry at our school and he said it would be possible, I've emailed him but he hasnt replied so I'm waiting to see if you can.

Hopefully will be able to as I did awful on this :frown:
If you retake and get lower than your orginal result, does your original result still stand? Don't want to retake and get lower! :L
Reply 405
Original post by CupcakePrincess
If you retake and get lower than your orginal result, does your original result still stand? Don't want to retake and get lower! :L

Your better result is the one that will count, whether you get it 1st, 2nd or 8th.

Quick Reply

Latest