The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
do you have an actual real life trunk? cool.

esd1323 - i wanna do that with a library too, i love reading and if i have to read only philosophy books for 3 years, i'm not sure i'll make it to graduation... anyone have any idea where the nearest library is?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 21
SheffKatie
do you have an actual real life trunk? cool.

Course :biggrin:

Nice big red one.

Hmmm.

Everything doesn't quite fit in there, but everything apart from laptop, stereo, the few books i might take and my mini fridge will be in it :smile:
Reply 22
Gexko
Course :biggrin:

Nice big red one.

Hmmm.

Everything doesn't quite fit in there, but everything apart from laptop, stereo, the few books i might take and my mini fridge will be in it :smile:

He's "Harry Potter, The University Years" in disguise :P
Reply 23
Wowbagger
He's "Harry Potter, The University Years" in disguise :P

Funnily enough thats (almost) my name :p:

However, everyone knows hes gonna die to save man for its sins in the next book. So he'll never go to uni.

And I'm much cooler than him. :askpig:
Reply 24
Gexko
Funnily enough thats (almost) my name :p:

However, everyone knows hes gonna die to save man for its sins in the next book. So he'll never go to uni.

And I'm much cooler than him. :askpig:

I'm betting on he wakes up in the cupboard under the stairs and realises it was all just a dream.

An ending like that would annoy so many people, forget WMDs, Harry Potter's more likely to start WW3
Reply 25
SheffKatie
anyone have any idea where the nearest library is?

The Central Library is just across College Green, which is located at the bottom of Park Street, about a 5 minute walk from University Square. It's the main library in Bristol, so there are books covering almost every subject there - and if you can't find what you're looking for, they'll often transfer/buy books to meet requirements. Also, the borrowing period is three weeks - which can make a pleasant change from uni libraries who want their books returned in a matter of hours! :rolleyes:

(For lawyers, the central library holds loads of law reports too!)
Reply 26
fantastic! thankyou :smile: means i can cut down on the books i was going to bring... or at least try...

gexko... what is your name then? very curious now!
Reply 27
Eek.. I'm not even sure what to pack, I'll probably just take most of my clothes,some food, toiletries, my music of course and whatever else I can think of.
im packing everything i own pretty much lol gota decide which of my precious teddys to leave tho
I have about 4 car loads. But that's because I am never coming home again.
What are you going to do in the holidays???
u can stay there in the holidays cant ya...well get a private rented house or sumat
Yeah but you'd have to find somewhere else in the summer.

And what about Christmas? No one else would be there! :frown:
Reply 33
susiemakemeblue
What are you going to do in the holidays???

Find other people who are too lazy to bring their stuff home with them, and rent a luggage hold with them. Something like "TheBigYellow" storage company.
You can stay in 115 queens rd through the christmas and easter holidays, then the lease ends 23rd July, and most accommodation leases for private student accomm start 1st July. Christmas I will spend with my family, that doesn't mean I am going to live with my mother again!
lol
Reply 36
I've started packing! well, stuff has been gradually building up in my guest room over the past months and I've been good and not worn any new clothes/shoes that i've bought for uni - its been so hard!
I've got a big box of bags and two of shoes/boots packed so far

I'm not going to fit everything into the car/room :redface:
So glad someone else is the same, boxes of books, cds, dvd's, stationary, kitchens tuff, clothes, bags, shoes, toiletries, mini fridge, pictures frames, cd racks, lamps.......oh dear god.
Reply 38
SheffKatie
gexko... what is your name then? very curious now!

Harry ****er :smile:

Not gonna reveal my true identity on here.
Reply 39
Gexko
Harry ****er :smile:

Not gonna reveal my true identity on here.

But I could! :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending