The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
NothingCrushesUs
More details please!!! Finally a proper response :P

well, the physics you can research yourself and present with like 5 other people.

blowing bubbles bit is easy, just get the blower and liquid xD

fireball one, I don't really remember what they used exactly, it was like a big bunsen burner shaped object where the bubble was blown and released and then lighted before it hit the ceiling. Although make sure it isn't too big because you can really feel the heatwave, ahhhhhhhh.

the big hoop is just a big hoop with one of our teachers standing in a stupid dinky thing. she never escaped...

maybe you can be a genius and do colourful bubbles of different shapes, that way all the girls will be ecstatic and get all shifty.

do a powerpoint presentation to explain it as well.
Reply 21
Katq
Yes anything Sheldon approved.. how about a star wars marathon?

FFS. :facepalm2:

Watching Star Wars wont solve anything. Researching String Theory or Quantum Loop theory would be better. Arguing about which fits better as a 'Theory of Everything' would be worth the time.

Women and physics. :facepalm2: Whats your next great idea, hiring a stripper to do a Quantum Simulation?
Reply 22
S-man10
FFS. :facepalm2:

Watching Star Wars wont solve anything. Researching String Theory or Quantum Loop theory would be better. Arguing about which fits better as a 'Theory of Everything' would be worth the time.

Women and physics. :facepalm2: Whats your next great idea, hiring a stripper to do a Quantum Simulation?

Lol, well OK these weren't exactly physics related, more Sheldon related, and Sheldon is related to physics. I did pass IB higher level Physics, so I'm not totally lost. however these weren't really serious suggestions..

I should've used a sarcasm sign under my post, my bad :smile:
play around with the americium from a smoke detector (or an actual lab radiation source).
It's pretty easy to make a simple cloud chamber if you can get some dry ice and those things are awesome to gaze at for ages.
NothingCrushesUs
Very simply, I'm running my school's physics society this year. Any "fun" physics related things that anyone can think of would be greatly appreciated...

NothingCrushesUs

Playground + microwave + some household object = awesome! (keep away though!)

Bonfire night! :awesome:

Water bombs? :dontknow:

Silly string night? (String Theory)

Indoor sky diving? (Quantum Gravity - :dontknow:)

Get more women into Physics, if you know what I mean. :wink:

Physics rap:

Laser fights! :teeth:

Condom aircraft!

Sphereing! (Particle theory and ****)

Alcohol + glow sticks + fibre optic lamps + lava lamps + "old school" music = awesome!

Physics comedy night!
im so academic
Playground + microwave + some household object = awesome! (keep away though!)

Bonfire night! :awesome:

Water bombs? :dontknow:

Silly string night? (String Theory)

Indoor sky diving? (Quantum Gravity - :dontknow:)

Get more women into Physics, if you know what I mean. :wink:

Physics rap:

Laser fights! :teeth:

Condom aircraft!

Sphereing! (Particle theory and ****)

Alcohol + glow sticks + fibre optic lamps + lava lamps + "old school" music = awesome!

Physics comedy night!

XD

That rap was hilarious though XD
sarsi
well, the physics you can research yourself and present with like 5 other people.

blowing bubbles bit is easy, just get the blower and liquid xD

fireball one, I don't really remember what they used exactly, it was like a big bunsen burner shaped object where the bubble was blown and released and then lighted before it hit the ceiling. Although make sure it isn't too big because you can really feel the heatwave, ahhhhhhhh.

the big hoop is just a big hoop with one of our teachers standing in a stupid dinky thing. she never escaped...

maybe you can be a genius and do colourful bubbles of different shapes, that way all the girls will be ecstatic and get all shifty.

do a powerpoint presentation to explain it as well.

Thankeeyoup! ^_^
Reply 27
Katq
Lol, well OK these weren't exactly physics related, more Sheldon related, and Sheldon is related to physics. I did pass IB higher level Physics, so I'm not totally lost. however these weren't really serious suggestions..

I should've used a sarcasm sign under my post, my bad :smile:

Maybe I should have used it as well.:wink:
Reply 28
Sit around thinking of physics related chat up lines?

Could turn it into a physics and astronomy club too and get some star gazing done.
play bingo
Reply 30
pretend your clever...oh wait.
It'll fill up a couple of minutes but you could show them that optical illusion where you use a strobe light in a dark room and a dripping tap to make the water look it's all anti gravity. You'll probably need an adjustable strobe light by the way. Or a hell of a lot of patience with the tap.
Reply 32
Rollercoastering days out?
Reply 33
S-man10
Maybe I should have used it as well.:wink:

hahah.. bazinga! :P

Latest

Trending

Trending