The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kevin J

Owen - "Hey, guys , guys! We did well didnt we guys!, Guys Someone talk to me guys!"
Reply 3261
Barton:
"Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans," he said via his Twitter account. "Still don't think its a sending off. Tried to take 1 of their players with me....

"Still not my proudest moment but who gives a ****, we are safe..........and that is all that matters."

Barton denied he lost control following his dismissal, and indicated he remains unrepentant for his violent reaction to the decision.

"The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me......Never worked but god loves a trier. #reallynotbother #wearesafe," he added.
(edited 11 years ago)
Congrats guys. The league table doesn't lie, you've deserved it over the course of the season. Mancini has done well to gel them (criticism when we were 8 points ahead was a bit harsh I thought, the improvement was obvious) and decision to bring back Tevez was a masterstroke, even though the issue wasn't dealt with in the right manner for all those months.
Original post by Slick Fosbury
We bought the title just like you have done for the past 20 years. And before you start, Edwards was pumping more than 150% of your turnover into the club before you won your first.

Can you provide a link to back up that statement please?
Reply 3264
Probably one of my favourite moments in football, absolutely amazing. Not a City fan, but wow.
Well, that was a waste of 5 seconds of my life.
Well done :congrats:

Its fun watching some of the Arsenal fans squirm over Nasri :rofl:
Original post by white_haired_wizard
Did QPR just fall asleep and not bother in the last 5 minutes?!

Serious question though,

does it feel less of a triumph winning the league on just the basis of a superior goal difference?!

I do hope you offload that tit Tevez in the summer. I also can't see Dzeko and Balotelli staying much longer at City.

Nobody in this soc has seen City win a league title in their entire lives. Not that fussed now. Having said that, my chest was basically caving in from anxiety during this, Newcastle and the derby, so a few more points wouldn't have gone amiss...
Original post by S-man10
Well done :congrats:

Its fun watching some of the Arsenal fans squirm over Nasri :rofl:

He'll never be forgiven here after what he's said in the media about us. More than happy for Toure and Clichy though, their top class. I'm glad City won, I actually find a lot of their players quite amicable, Kompany is a class captain too.

Not sure if this has been posted, made me chuckle.

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by EmperorMustard
He'll never be forgiven here after what he's said in the media about us. More than happy for Toure and Clichy though, their top class. I'm glad City won, I actually find a lot of their players quite amicable, Kompany is a class captain too.

Not sure if this has been posted, made me chuckle.

What did he say? :holmes:
Reply 3271
Original post by S-man10

"They've scored"
Original post by S-man10

The usual jazz about City being a bigger club than Arsenal, Arsenal lacking ambition, complaining that he was overplayed etc. He didn't need to say anything to be honest. I don't blame him for going to City, although I will enjoy it when he gets replaced by the next big thing (see Adebayor, Toure). Toure and Clichy however kept their mouths shut and let their football do the talking. The less said about Adebayor of course, the better :beard:
Kompany is class. Seems to be a pretty nice guy too, and a very and reliable pro. Puts the likes of Barton, Tevez and Balotelli to shame.

With your squad, you should have coasted the league this season, IMHO. Of course, football isn't played on paper, but still...

Certainly have players/issues to resolve over the summer, especially in regards to Tevez, Balotelli and possibly Dzecko. I still think Mancini is too defensively minded, regardless of his success so far at City.

MOTD should be a good watch tonight. Worse things in life than losing out on the league by a goal 30 seconds from the final whistle, or thereabouts...
Reply 3274

NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, HEY HEY HEY, KUN AGUERO!
Reply 3275
Congratulations guys!

The way you won the title with a couple of injury time goals only adds to how momentous and memorable an occasion it is for you.

P.S. Can we have Yaya Toure please? :P
I smiled when I saw Manchester United fans with a big wet slapped face as a result of the title going to Man City.

Oh well, not that any Man U fans will be seen around town in manc tonight as they're usually found outside of Manchester. :biggrin:

Arsenal shoulda won tho -.-
Original post by Tommyjw
and in that specific match it was also wrong.

This is the image of the players used to make the figures.

Completely fabricating what the starting 11 for City was.
Richards did not start the game, Silva did. De Jong did not start, Nasri did. Dezko did not start, Tevez did.

Figure ends up being so that the end figures have City being more by 18Mil or so.

But, alas, people like to quote BS without doing their own research.

Or perhaps the Man City starting 11 was slightly different to what was expected/announced, leading to the 'error' in the picture. Even so, the point people try to make it that City used their money to buy the title, 18m isn't much in the modern game so the starting 11's roughly cost the same anyway and thus the point [that it's hypocritical for United fans to bring up £] still stands.
Original post by thisisnew
18m isn't much in the modern game so the starting 11's roughly cost the same anyway and thus the point [that it's hypocritical for United fans to bring up £] still stands.

Cost of United players used this year - £248m,
Cost of players used by City this year - £335m.

Quite a large difference if you ask me.
Original post by Tommyjw
Cost of United players used this year - £248m,
Cost of players used by City this year - £335m.

Quite a large difference if you ask me.

And for the other 18 or so PL seasons your squad has been more expensively assembled than ours. Football has always been about money, all that's changed is who has the most.

Quick Reply

Latest