The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

Injury issues according to wiki.....
In regards to the Tevez situation, I think City maybe better of selling him.

City could survive without him and could make the whole squad of individuals more harmonious and together realising Tevez isn't there and that they are actually going to have to pull their finger and play to their best abilities.

He's never stayed at a club long anyway. I think there is a little bit of skull duggery on Tevez and his agent's part in the sense that they talk about him missing his kids yet IMO, City have allowed him time off to see them e.g. his recent break to Tenerife and I'm sure other players at City are in the same boat i.e. not seeing their kids or families living abroad but they don't get the luxury of popping off and seeing them which is done by the club for the player.

So IMO, he's being abit iffy by stating those reasons. It's about money, and wanting to go to a sunnier climate I bet. He's quite shocking as a captain - great leadership qualities he is showing and IMO, disrespecting his other team mates with his antics on and off the field.

Throughout his time in England, he's never made an effort to settle in the country. He's never paid much attention to learning English which you would think is a first must to do when moving to a new country hence it's not a surprise he's not settled when I guess his agent/advisors probably do everything for him. So that's why this homesickness is being exploded up as being his main reason which I doubt, a partial reason yes but not THE reason.
Reply 782
Two blatant penalties and an onside goal not given. At least it's not just England :colonhash:
Reply 783
Original post by white_haired_wizard
Something needs to be done about Balotelli. He can't keep picking up yellows and more suspensions. He comes across as a complete bumhole and it's players like him that put me off the game and reduce my willingness to pay to see football matches. At the moment, he's a despicable character with a horrible arrogance about him. A young spoilt brat, reminds me of Rooney tbh. Too much, too young?

Why-the-treatment-of-Manchester-United-s-Darren-Fletcher-and-Manchester-City-s-Mario-Balotelli-this-week-proves-refs-don-t-treat-all-players-equally-

mario-balotelli-italian-racism-book

Look whw, I know you're probably just WUMing and don't actually believe what your spouting but there are so many players more deserving of your stick. I mean look at the likes of Terry, Gerrard and Rooney who are so much more "despicable" and get talked up constantly in the media. I know you hate all 3 but they are much more deserving.
Original post by Jeppasloth
Why-the-treatment-of-Manchester-United-s-Darren-Fletcher-and-Manchester-City-s-Mario-Balotelli-this-week-proves-refs-don-t-treat-all-players-equally-

mario-balotelli-italian-racism-book

Look whw, I know you're probably just WUMing and don't actually believe what your spouting but there are so many players more deserving of your stick. I mean look at the likes of Terry, Gerrard and Rooney who are so much more "despicable" and get talked up constantly in the media. I know you hate all 3 but they are much more deserving.

I'm not wumming and you know I'm not so stop trying to wum me back tbh. 'Much more' deserving??! really?

I know the aforementioned can be very scrotish but they're certainly not any more deserving than Balotelli. The Terry family has gone even further down in my estimations, after what has happened involving brother Paul Terry this week. The whole family are despicable.

I know full well how scrotal the likes of Rooney and Fletcher can be on-field, especially the former who is a cock on and off field. It's characters in the game like Balotelli and Rooney that put me off paying the big sums of money to go and watch football at Old Trafford etc...I'm paying their wages ffs, **** that. If I was financially comfortable and had the cash to go and watch, then I'd be a little bit more prepared/willing to pay but not in my current financial predicament....

bring back the days when footballers served some sort of apprenticeship, cleaned senior player's boots etc...but these days, when players get into trouble, they're allowed by the club to go off on a holiday abroad, like Rooney did, like Tevez has done in the last week, IIRC, being allowed a break by City to sun himself abroad. It all takes the piss and it takes the piss out of the fans who are contributing to player wages. I wish there were more players with integrity and decency about them, e.g. the Scholes, Giggs and Nevilles of this world.
Reply 785
Until he does something worse than cheating on his pregnant wife he will deserve less. Unfortunately he'll never get less stick because he can never change the fact he started playing as a black Italian and the reputation that built because of that will never clear. Oh and by the way, he loves football and that's enough for me. Half the things he does are because of that, he could be an over paid passenger but instead he puts himself on the line.

Football along with pretty much everything else is changing. Woefully naive if you expect things to stay the same. I mean look at rugby and bloodgate, athletics and doping etc etc etc etc. Change happens get over it.
Least your game has survived for tonight
Reply 787
Yep. I feel obliged to watch it now, seeing as I feel lacking and empty without my weekly dose of Premiership action.

Expecting a 1-1 draw.
Reply 788
yeah

I think it will be 1-1.
Reply 789
I'm gonna go with my usual doomsaying nature and predict a substantial loss.
Reply 790
Everton really are a horrible cynical side but they really have the beating of us. So I'm gonna buck the trend and call a draw.
Reply 791
Anyone listening to 5 live? Where tevez is apparently meant to have said he's staying after talking to Mancini?

What a BELL END, him and Rooney both need to be smacked and sent to bed with no supper
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 792
BBC saying Tevez has withdrawn his request. Wonder if there's a pay rise involved, they say the contract's unchanged but for how long?
Reply 793
Yeh.. just saw the breaking news article on the beeb.
Reply 794
Well done Roberto Mancini.

Original post by ish90an
BBC saying Tevez has withdrawn his request. Wonder if there's a pay rise involved, they say the contract's unchanged but for how long?

I honestly don't think this was about money. If it was he would have quite deservedly got a pay rise and saved this whole episode.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 795
Not really surprising.
Reply 796
Original post by Jeppasloth
he would have quite deservedly got a pay rise

srs?
So I don't think Tevez should whinge about homesickness etc anymore. His kids maybe in Argentina but at times he doesn't help himself in settling in England, if he settled here then he wouldn't be as unsettled.

Apparently, it seems he's staying. Maybe Kia's little mind games with Cook have been solved or eased ad Tevez's is now staying because of that.
Reply 798
Original post by Panthalic
srs?

Well relatively speaking. Obviously compared to a nurse he doesn't. Compared to the likes of Bridge, RSC etc he undoubtedly does.
Man City should win this game comfortably even with the Tevez distraction, on that note according to BBC he wants to stay now.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest