The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

It's not even that Dzeko threatens but lacks composure and it could be the day they all go in. I can't think of a single decent chance he's got for himself in a PL game.
Reply 1381
Dzeko is class and there should be no doubt about it.

Some players adopt quicker than others. He's younger than I am ffs.
I don't see what all the fuss is about Dzeko. He'll end up being another expensive Man City flop.

Poor management from Mancini yesterday or the day before, in his press conference before the game tomorrow. Looking very miserable with regard to Tevez's injury. He needs to pull himself together, stop being so defeatist and show trust in his other fit players to be able to perform and win the game. Clearly showing the wrong mentality. Big loss not having Tevez but appearing so glum and defeatist in that press conference shows a distinct lack of faith and trust in the ability of his other players.
Original post by Countmein
Isn't Manchester City the football equivalent of Manchester Met? :confused:

Nail On The Head.
Original post by Laertes
Whereas Dzeko has proven he can consistently score against any opposition in a blue (B&H) shirt. Balotelli can do it, I just don't think he will. At least Dzeko's scored against United before.

Dzecko's 'goal' was a huge deflection vs Man United. Wasn't it credited as an OG? If it wasn't, it should have been. Incredibly flukey goal from a very average player.

Sickens me to see average players like Dzecko getting paid so much every week. You see better players playing Sunday league/pub football week-in, week-out.
Original post by Manc990
Scored three times against United in three games, chiquritos goals have all been sunday league goals...
So enjoy watching your team get dicked tommorow from your armchair you munich ****

You sad prick. At least Hernandez can play football and play it bloody well. So much deadwood in your squad. It'll be a bloody big mission getting rid of all that deadwood come the end of the season. Now bugger off you disgusting s***. No need for the Munich comment.
Whw on the apparent negativity of Mancini before City went on to end Chelsea's league unbeaten run.

Original post by white_haired_wizard
Pathetic comments by Mancini saying Chelsea will easily/comfortably win the league title.

Mancini shouldn't be saying this but it doesn't surprise me that he is. His own team should be genuine title challengers but he's saying all this to lower the expectations around his own club and make his life that little bit easier. And kissing Chelsea's arse like this right before his club play them. What next? Going to pull your shorts down and bend over for Chelsea?

What a bottler. Given how much City have spent on players, City should be challenging for the title and the title should not be easily won by any of City's fellow title challengers.

Disgraceful mentality. The mentality of a bottler. Guess that's why he's manager at Man City?

Whw on the apparent negativity of Mancini before City go on to end United's FA cup unbeaten run?

Original post by white_haired_wizard
Poor management from Mancini yesterday or the day before, in his press conference before the game tomorrow. Looking very miserable with regard to Tevez's injury. He needs to pull himself together, stop being so defeatist and show trust in his other fit players to be able to perform and win the game. Clearly showing the wrong mentality. Big loss not having Tevez but appearing so glum and defeatist in that press conference shows a distinct lack of faith and trust in the ability of his other players.

The rest of your posts are mindless drivel (Not to say this isn't) and frankly I've no time to answer with the impending trip to Wembley. But hey, I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to reply what with your total lack of attending United games.. unless Blackpool are playing this weekend because that's a sure sign of a massive red.. a blackpool season ticket.
Original post by warwickorbristol
Whw on the apparent negativity of Mancini before City went on to end Chelsea's league unbeaten run.

Whw on the apparent negativity of Mancini before City go on to end United's FA cup unbeaten run?

The rest of your posts are mindless drivel (Not to say this isn't) and frankly I've no time to answer with the impending trip to Wembley. But hey, I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to reply what with your total lack of attending United games.. unless Blackpool are playing this weekend because that's a sure sign of a massive red.. a blackpool season ticket.

I was correct with Mancini lowering the expectations and not possesing a winning mentality - all that money spent and you're struggling to cement a place in the top4.

WHW spot on, again. Big deal, you ended Chelsea's unbeaten league run. Well done on winning this one game. You don't win league titles and other silverware through just having the occasional big success story here or there. You have to maintain that excellence for the duration - it's a marathon and not a sprint and that's where you seperate the men from the boys. Man City are bottlers and they are boys.
I don't attend United games because I can't afford to do so. Similar to many many other United fans. Have some maturity.
You have no idea what mentality Mancini actually has - none whatsoever.

His interviews are utter ****e, have you ever noticed he forgets all the English he's learnt whenever there's a tough question? The man doesn't give a ****. He's not Redknapp who says exactly what the press want to hear, christ I thought you'd know a bit about dealing with the media after however long Ferguson has been at your club.

Fact of the matter is we've fallen a little bit short this season - a combination of uncharacteristic personal errors, a few poor refereeing decisions and players adapting to the league. Mancini made one major mistake all season and that was going 4-4-2 away at Liverpool which I suspect had more to do with his arm being twisted somewhere. Anyway that game proved what he's been saying all season - keep it tight at the back and we're very likely to score with the talent we have up front so we'll win a lot of games.

EDIT: Just seen this on Bluemoon, despite many managers serving time in lower divisions Mancini has the third highest win percentage in our history;

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Just read the article on BBC about Bert Trautmann and the comments. How Man City could do with 11 people with his attitude for the club tomorrow.
That win percentage has to be put into perspective, how many other managers have that wealth of talent at their disposal?
Liam Gallagher on form on football focus today. Insulted a whole profession by saying Gary Neville is like an estate agent.
Reply 1393
i have the fear
Reply 1394
Original post by barnetlad
Liam Gallagher on form on football focus today. Insulted a whole profession by saying Gary Neville is like an estate agent.

Hahaha
Reply 1395
Trademark Scholes tackle.
Reply 1396
Congrats guys! :biggrin:
:dice: :biggrin:

Cheers to a lovely victory!
Glad City won. Treble? What treble? You might win the Premier League, that's all because Schalke will beat United in the Champions League!

Quick Reply

Latest