The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi,

I was just wondering how I should declare the 7 Maths modules I sat last summer on my UCAS. I sat Core 1, 2, 3, 4, Mechanics 1, Statistics 1 as part of my Maths A-Level (but not certificated) and also Mechanics 2 as an extra module ahead of Further Maths this year. There is the added complication of my M2 retake in an attempt to get an A* in FM. If they are not certificated, I obviously cannot put an overall A* in Maths (which my marks add up to), but I'd still like to declare the 7 A grades I got. Does it matter that my modules might (unlikely) switch around when they are all certificated, and should I enter an A in M2 if I am retaking the module this year with the rest of my FM modules?
Sorry it's a bit complicated. Any help much appreciated. Please quote in any reply.:smile:
Reply 61
Hey
I did GCSE AQA Triple science - so Biology, Chemistry and Physics - but the options on the drop down list for Biology for example are "Biology A" "Biology B" and "Biology Modular".
My course codes are 4411, 4421 and 4451. Does anyone have any idea what I should put?
Thanks in advance. :smile:
Reply 62
Good bloke
Some universities will ask to see physical certificates upon matriculation or registration.

Sorry incase this is already asked ( I don't really feel like flicking through 4 pages ) but I have an E in GCSE short course PSE back in year 10 but recived no actual certificate does that mean I wouldn't need to put it down as I have no proof of it?
Woodside
does that mean I wouldn't need to put it down as I have no proof of it?

No it doesn't.
Never ventured in here before so am hoping it's the right place - it's do with UCAS forms, A-levels etc :smile:

Firstly - does anyone know if you can do the A2 year of a subject that you have an AS in from when you were at school? I've got AS Chemistry but need to do the second year, is this possible? I assume it is or do I have do the whole thing again?

Secondly - if I can do the A2 on its own, how do I put it on the UCAS form? Do I select the correct subject/level on the form and put in the results for the 3 modules I've already done, albeit 5 years ago and leave the A2 ones as pending for next summer?

Confused.com :biggrin:
Reply 65
ViralRiver
The OP only gives information on A2s if they are resits.
I would suggest you read that section again, this time more carefully.
Seasick Steve
Hi thanks for the help in the OP, but I've got one quick question. My school does NOT cash in results, so on my UCAS form, do I just select the subjects and enter "pending" for the overall grade? I'm worried because when I select "pending", I get the warning message "Grade is mandatory for completed examinations." Do I just ignore this, or should I enter something else?

Also, assuming I'm not declaring my grades, do I put pending under each of the separate modules, or do I not even need to add the names of each of the units?

Thanks in advance.

Bump - this seems to be the only post that hasn't been answered yet :emo:
hey i took my English o level in june 2009 but got a D. I then took it again in January 2010.
I got an A.

I put down my 7 olevels in june 2009 section and then i put down o level english in january 2010 so basically i did not declare my D and declared what i got on my retake which is an A. Can i do this?
I'm just wanting to double-check that I've entered my education section properly. I have all my GCSE's in, and I also have my A Levels in wih the grade set to "pending" (Doing A Levels this school year).

Now, am I supposed to have entered my AS grades in too? I've put all my AS grades in, and then as I'm re-sitting one of my AS economics exams I've re-entered that, put pending as the overall grade, pending in the unit box for that exam then the grade of my other exam unit.

Does that seem right?
Reply 69
Marsha2112
Can I ask, what happens if you don't? Do they dig in some database to find grades you didn't mention, and reject you then throw you in jail?
They can check, in a number of ways, and do. If you are found to have been dishonest in your application, you could lose your offer/place. If that's a risk you want to take, go ahead. I just wouldn't recommend it, that's all.
Reply 70
Hey,

basically i have a nasty AS level grade, an E in portugese, which i dont really want tarnishing my application, so in short, do you have to put ALL of your grades on the application or can you leave nasty ones off. I spoke to my school and they were unsure whether it is allowed or not by Ucas

Thanks
Reply 71
nofish4u
Hey,

basically i have a nasty AS level grade, an E in portugese, which i dont really want tarnishing my application, so in short, do you have to put ALL of your grades on the application or can you leave nasty ones off. I spoke to my school and they were unsure whether it is allowed or not by Ucas

Thanks
You have to put it in as it's a qualification you hold (assuming it was certificated).
Reply 72
hi i need some help

i have my final A level grades of AAA. I retook some AS modules during A2 so when i put down the AS grades down as june 2009 do i put the updated AS result and what year should i put it in
TX22
(a) do i put the updated AS result and (b) what year should i put it in

(a) Well, obviously! and (b) the date it was (re-)certificated.
Reply 74
so my AS levels would be like this

june 2009 A2 - june 2010 X3 subjectes
june 2009
june 2009
june 2010

wouldnt that show i did AS levels in 2 years but i actually did it within the 2 year normal timetable which is acceptable for unis.

ALSO, i got a U for AS general studies, do i have to put that down

theres nothing on the ucas website about U grade

Good bloke
(a) Well, obviously! and (b) the date it was (re-)certificated.
TX22
so my AS levels would be like this

june 2009 A2 - june 2010 X3 subjectes
june 2009
june 2009
june 2010

wouldnt that show i did AS levels in 2 years but i actually did it within the 2 year normal timetable which is acceptable for unis. That isn't a problem - it is quite normal.

ALSO, i got a U for AS general studies, do i have to put that down No.
theres nothing on the ucas website about U grade

See above.
Reply 76
how do you know i dont have to put the U grade down?

sorry i am just a bit worried lol. does it say it on the UCAS website

my teacher is checking it before it gets send off but she might forget to tell me to not include the U grade

thanks for the help

Good bloke
See above.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 77
Minerva
You have to put it in as it's a qualification you hold (assuming it was certificated).

and if you dont? what happens
TX22
how do you know i dont have to put the U grade down?

sorry i am just a bit worried lol. does it say it on the UCAS website

my teacher is checking it before it gets send off but she might forget to tell me to not include the U grade

thanks for the help

Because I have read the UCAS website: http://www.ucas.com/students/applying/howtoapply/education/

I am assuming you didn't certificate the U grade, as is normal, of course.

you provide details of:

all qualifications for which you have accepted certification from an

awarding organisation, even if you're retaking all or part of the qualification

and nothing else.
Reply 79
so to just confirm do i put my updated AS grade down and the recent date it was retook

so that doesnt show i took my a levels in 3 years as i did my final a levels in june 2010 and my AS LEVELS june2009 except for one subject which i retook modules in A2

Good bloke
Because I have read the UCAS website: http://www.ucas.com/students/applying/howtoapply/education/

I am assuming you didn't certificate the U grade, as is normal, of course.

you provide details of:

and nothing else.

Latest

Trending

Trending