The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by AHungryCaterpillar
They applied last year :facepalm:

I know?
rubz98 assumed they were applying this year. If they are it is mature entry so different system anyway..
rubz98 assumed they were applying this year. If they are it is mature entry so different system anyway..

Oh yeah? I'm a grad, how will that affect me?
Original post by I<3LAMP
Oh yeah? I'm a grad, how will that affect me?

I think it means you get acknowledgments of interview dates sooner. Not sure though.. You won't be put in the same pile as school leavers.
Reply 184

Yes that's true.
Guys I visited the Medical School building today. It's a short walk from Lime Street station, less than 10 minutes. The buildings in the city centre are breathtaking! :smile: I was lukcy enough to mate some contacts who go there to ask them about PBL and such like... aparently the interview is based heavily around discussing PBL... :smile: Cedar House... The building is heavenly, it had a crisp clean clinical feel to it like ICL research labs I have been to and I poked my head in a PBL room. A huge huge spider diagram of a virtual patient. And then I saw it... a poster than directed interviewees to the admissions reception. I felt sick, I juts stood there, Dad in the faded background. What was this? Some kind of side joke! I willed my eyes to see that it was some kind of trick of the light but oh no!! then I realised "OHH IT MUST BE FOR THE DENTISTS BECAUSE LOVELY TSR P{EOPLE HAVENTS BEEN OUT BOASTING ABOUT ANY INTERVIEWS AS OF YET". Pheeew. :smile:

In a nutshell, my place at Liverpool... I would rip off my left arm for in a second. excessive of 2000 applicants? Pah!! :smile: We'll see. Good luck TSR guys. :smile:

PS: What was the concensus with that GCSE issue, as to whether they accept GCSEs done in year 10? I belived they were fine and it was the y. 12/3 qualifications that were invalidated? Thank you!!
Reply 186
Original post by Doctogan
When did you get the interview offer?

I honestly can't remember, but I remember I hadn't long to book flights, like I booked them within the hour,so it must of been between 1-2 weeks.
Good luck - don't be worrying.
I was there on sunday past visiting my friends who are in year 1 and they said that pure PBL is a pain, so it's something you should consider before choosing firm & insurance..

As I'm in year 1 in Keele it's an integrated curriculum which is much easier to learn from, and ensure you have covered everything.

Also, when you get an interview, you are very likely to get an offer!! It's a high ratio if I can remember!! I got an offer, so all is possible:wink:
Original post by laurencebaker1
Guys I visited the Medical School building today. It's a short walk from Lime Street station, less than 10 minutes. The buildings in the city centre are breathtaking! :smile: I was lukcy enough to mate some contacts who go there to ask them about PBL and such like... aparently the interview is based heavily around discussing PBL... :smile: Cedar House... The building is heavenly, it had a crisp clean clinical feel to it like ICL research labs I have been to and I poked my head in a PBL room. A huge huge spider diagram of a virtual patient. And then I saw it... a poster than directed interviewees to the admissions reception. I felt sick, I juts stood there, Dad in the faded background. What was this? Some kind of side joke! I willed my eyes to see that it was some kind of trick of the light but oh no!! then I realised "OHH IT MUST BE FOR THE DENTISTS BECAUSE LOVELY TSR P{EOPLE HAVENTS BEEN OUT BOASTING ABOUT ANY INTERVIEWS AS OF YET". Pheeew. :smile:

In a nutshell, my place at Liverpool... I would rip off my left arm for in a second. excessive of 2000 applicants? Pah!! :smile: We'll see. Good luck TSR guys. :smile:

PS: What was the concensus with that GCSE issue, as to whether they accept GCSEs done in year 10? I belived they were fine and it was the y. 12/3 qualifications that were invalidated? Thank you!!

:eek:
Reply 188
Original post by moobsmoobs

Lol I was thinking the same thing when reading it:biggrin:
first day off in a looooong time and i can't take my eyes off UCAS track... the wait is horrrible... i want liverpoooooool sooo bad!
Reply 190
liverpool is sooo nice, the city, the uni the course! ahh i want an offer!!!!
Original post by moobsmoobs

OH I didn't mean as in I befiended the admission officer! heehee. I meant I spoke with some of the med student in their third year. They're out there and they're happy to talk to you about the course. I wanted to know about the social life and stuff.

Who's seen the Med Soc?

http://www.lmssonline.co.uk/

They look they they know how to have fun too ^-^. Liverpool is my first choice by an English mile!!!
OMG.
Just realised. I said "MATE" contacts. I meant make!!! LMMAOOO .
Well this isn't embarrassing. ^^ Expect some silence from me for the next few days.
I have an Interview..........
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 195
I have an interview too! so excited!
Reply 196
Original post by MayElattar

:redface:

Well done!

When did you get it? Are you an undergrad? When did you send off your app?

Same to you DM! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 197
Original post by MayElattar

When is yours? 3 weeks is not enough time to prepare!
Reply 198
Original post by Doctogan
:redface:

Well done!

When did you get it? Are you an undergrad? When did you send off your app?

Same to you DM! :biggrin:

Yes undergrad, first year applying, I got the interview this afternoon and sent off my application on the 13th October.
Reply 199
Original post by DM5tc
Yes undergrad, first year applying, I got the interview this afternoon and sent off my application on the 13th October.

Same as me (13th Oct).

Did you just get it within the last 30 or so minutes?

Hopefully I'll be soon to follow :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending