The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Sorry I just wanted to have the 2000th post on this thread :cool:
Reply 1981
Original post by Mrittika
Heey don't be dis-hearted yet...I was in the same situation as u...i am an international student, studying in the uk for past 4 years...and I can't have unconditional offer as my A levels are not finished yet....still I got the conditional offer just like any other home student...its true they only have 24 places for intl students, but they dont discriminate against applicants who haven't finished A level yet and definitely they do not think about the money matter before giving out offers. That comes after you firm the offer. :smile:

Aww well that's very kind of you :smile:
But I think many international offers were given out on thursday. I have a feeling that the places are all full now :frown:
I received this weird email from liverpool asking me whether I was attending this random university and if i was for how long? I replied saying I'm not.. there has been a mistake and they were like "ok, sorry"
hmmm and i havent heard ever since.. :confused:
would appreciate from the guys here who make it to the accommodation day wt they think bwt the accommodations and what they settlin on cuz i aint gna make it :frown:
Same here, I won't be able to make it either...
hey does anyone know if we gta start gettin the Hepatitis B n TB vaccinations now? or will the uni be providin em once we start??
Original post by BlackMamba24
hey does anyone know if we gta start gettin the Hepatitis B n TB vaccinations now? or will the uni be providin em once we start??

As mentioned in your interview email, you should have started your Hep B immunisations then, but if you cants get it done then the Occupational Health Department at the University can do it for you in September.
Original post by A.Jitto
For all those waiting, Guys lets hope for the best seeing as there is only few of us left anyway. ANd im sure Liverpool is not that harsh to just give out rejections like today on Monday.

I WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did the whole getting drunk thing last night.. kinda worked but SO tired now!
Reply 1987
Original post by hsparkle

I forgot about gettingg drunk dammmn :frown:
I did eat loads of cake but didn't work.
What did you get drunk on?
Reply 1988
Original post by hsparkle

Hell yh. :rock: If you have nothing else to do then just go to sleep, thats another way of wasting hours away till tomorrow. Also, we are already 1 step ahead with the time change anyway. Just another 12 hours till Monday and after that back to square one. BUt hey at least we'll know for definite this time round.

Original post by mina-z
I forgot about gettingg drunk dammmn :frown:
I did eat loads of cake but didn't work.
What did you get drunk on?

Hey minaz-z, im sorry to say this but got to get it out. STOP WORRYING and BEING ALL NEGATIVE. I am an international too had my interview on the 8th of Feb. I spoke to the admissions office twice last week and they said that starting from THursday post-interview decisions were sent out to internationals and will continue until next Wednesday. And when I asked them on Friday, whether the bulk of it had been sent out already they said NO!!! . They have still more to get through and since the entire process is random there is no way of knowing who will be notified next. So just stop worrying have some hope and just let it come to you :crossedf:

Sorry if it sounded a bit harsh but someones gotta slap that crazy out :wink:. If you count the number of internationals on this thread who have got offers, you will see that it comes to around 6-7 (yes i am that desperate). Then again its not like every international applicant is on TSR, but still to reach 25, there is still more to go
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1989
is there anyone here who has an offer and hasn’t been told anything about accommodation from Liverpool. Do you guys think I should just sit and wait for it or call the admissions office?
Reply 1990
Original post by A.Jitto
Hell yh. :rock: If you have nothing else to do then just go to sleep, thats another way of wasting hours away till tomorrow. Also, we are already 1 step ahead with the time change anyway. Just another 12 hours till Monday and after that back to square one. BUt hey at least we'll know for definite this time round.

Hey minaz-z, im sorry to say this but got to get it out. STOP WORRYING and BEING ALL NEGATIVE. I am an international too had my interview on the 8th of Feb. I spoke to the admissions office twice last week and they said that starting from THursday post-interview decisions were sent out to internationals and will continue until next Wednesday. And when I asked them on Friday, whether the bulk of it had been sent out already they said NO!!! . They have still more to get through and since the entire process is random there is no way of knowing who will be notified next. So just stop worrying have some hope and just let it come to you :crossedf:

Sorry if it sounded a bit harsh but someones gotta slap that crazy out :wink:. If you count the number of internationals on this thread who have got offers, you will see that it comes to around 6-7 (yes i am that desperate). Then again its not like every international applicant is on TSR, but still to reach 25, there is still more to go

Yes yes that's all sound stuff.. But I have to worry! If I don't worry ill get happy and then ill think that I might get in. Then if I don't get in, imagine how disappointed ill be then.. Ill probably starve myself to death..
You have done really well in your interview so you can be sure that you'll get an offer. But I do admire how much you know! Did you actually ring them about the bulk thing :biggrin: do you know if ny international students have yet been rejected?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by planetconwy1

Original post by planetconwy1
As mentioned in your interview email, you should have started your Hep B immunisations then, but if you cants get it done then the Occupational Health Department at the University can do it for you in September.

thx probably gna go for the (delayin it till september) option... even though get it done and over with it sounds better :P
Original post by pjeb1993

congrats for the 2000th post :P LOL
Reply 1993
Original post by mina-z
Yes yes that's all sound stuff.. But I have to worry! If I don't worry ill get happy and then ill think that I might get in. Then if I don't get in, imagine how disappointed ill be then.. Ill probably starve myself to death..
You have done really well in your interview so you can be sure that you'll get an offer. But I do admire how much you know! Did you actually ring them about the bulk thing :biggrin: do you know if ny international students have yet been rejected?

ha ha no worries. Its best to be hopeful during difficult times like these, you'll never know how it can surprise you.Im not confident enough to say that my interview went well, i guess it was not bad but if you look at some previous posts you will notice that the reason being given a rejection comes back to the personal statement.

By talking to an admissions guy whilst I was waiting for my interview, he told me that applicants who meet the minimum requirement criteria are offered interviews but that is only 50% of the selection process. Once that is done they basically compare your interview results with your personal statement to see if certain things are in order. So if you are confident that you did not completely flunk the interview and that your personal statement provides sufficient enough academic and non-academic qualities then you can be a bit hopeful, also not forgetting the work experience. Remeber that the ball is in their court now but the only way to keep your wits about or at least a bit hopeful is by either reflecting on your PS/interview together rather than just one seperate component (applies to both locals and internationals)

I was damn desperate and annoyed at the same time and thats why I could not wait to phone them up. I did not reveal my identity and I just told them that I am an international student calling and then asked about the post-interview replies. SO yes the last time when I spoke, the lady did say that offers and rejections are still yet to come. If you dont trust me on the bulk thing, just go check one of my previous posts where I said the same thing somewhere around Monday or Tuesday I think and pretty much afterwards a bulk of rejections/offers did come. As for the rejections that lady confirmed that rejections were too handed out at teh same time. If you read some of the previous posters some have just popped their head in for the first time on TSR to show that they have been accepted. Do you really think a person who has been rejected would be going out of his/her way to post it here? Before you I knew only 2 other international students who posted here quite frequently and they got offers on thursday and friday. the rest I can not be fully certain

I am not trying to raise your hopes or abolish them all together. I am telling you the facts as they are so that you can think a bit calmly and be positive. There is nothing wrong with that. You only need to hold on to a few more days. So just keep your fingers crossed.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1994
Original post by BlackMamba24
thx probably gna go for the (delayin it till september) option... even though get it done and over with it sounds better :P

If I were you I would call up ur GP’s office and get it done yourself, its really easy and takes a few months (from experience, I’ve already had it done for some abroad work experience, and the nurse at the GP’s did it, very quick and painless :smile:).

Not doing it is a bit of a risk cos firstly you cant work in any hospital without it so if we do go on placements you might not be allowed to go ,and secondly if they are oversubscribed like last year (apparently they had an extra 100 people throughout medicine who got he grades or put Liverpool as their first choice who they weren’t expecting) they will use any excuse to get rid of you cos they can afford it. Not to sure about Liverpool specifically but I know from some friends that over at UCL they kicked 10 people out who had offers and got their requirement because they either handed in health forms late or didnt get the injections needed. I think when they said you can get it done come september is only for when you actually can’t get it from your GP for some reason

Im not being mean cos I genuinely wish for you to get in, but my advise is do not take any risks when it comes to your offer :smile:
Not an international and still not heard :frown: :frown:
Reply 1996
doing student finance atm, anybody know what month in 2016 the course finishes?
Reply 1997
Original post by A.Jitto
ha ha no worries. Its best to be hopeful during difficult times like these, you'll never know how it can surprise you.Im not confident enough to say that my interview went well, i guess it was not bad but if you look at some previous posts you will notice that the reason being given a rejection comes back to the personal statement.

By talking to an admissions guy whilst I was waiting for my interview, he told me that applicants who meet the minimum requirement criteria are offered interviews but that is only 50% of the selection process. Once that is done they basically compare your interview results with your personal statement to see if certain things are in order. So if you are confident that you did not completely flunk the interview and that your personal statement provides sufficient enough academic and non-academic qualities then you can be a bit hopeful, also not forgetting the work experience. Remeber that the ball is in their court now but the only way to keep your wits about or at least a bit hopeful is by either reflecting on your PS/interview together rather than just one seperate component (applies to both locals and internationals)

I was damn desperate and annoyed at the same time and thats why I could not wait to phone them up. I did not reveal my identity and I just told them that I am an international student calling and then asked about the post-interview replies. SO yes the last time when I spoke, the lady did say that offers and rejections are still yet to come. If you dont trust me on the bulk thing, just go check one of my previous posts where I said the same thing somewhere around Monday or Tuesday I think and pretty much afterwards a bulk of rejections/offers did come. As for the rejections that lady confirmed that rejections were too handed out at teh same time. If you read some of the previous posters some have just popped their head in for the first time on TSR to show that they have been accepted. Do you really think a person who has been rejected would be going out of his/her way to post it here? Before you I knew only 2 other international students who posted here quite frequently and they got offers on thursday and friday. the rest I can not be fully certain

I am not trying to raise your hopes or abolish them all together. I am telling you the facts as they are so that you can think a bit calmly and be positive. There is nothing wrong with that. You only need to hold on to a few more days. So just keep your fingers crossed.

Hmm no wonder why you're the most feared member ( having said that I still don't really understand how these nickname things work, I swear I've been a junior member for 2 years now)
You're too rational :biggrin: but ok I keep in mind your perfect arguments :biggrin:
By the way, do you study in the UK? Where are you from and what did your interviewers look like? These are all very relevant question :biggrin:.. If you don't mind me asking obviously.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by manumvp
doing student finance atm, anybody know what month in 2016 the course finishes?

1st of june :smile:
Reply 1999
are people thinking prospect point for accomodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending