The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
Original post by aj2010

Original post by aj2010
i didn't meet the offer and now I don't know what to do :frown:

Aw i'm soo sorry :frown: you could ring up but i do know that they are not usuing their waiting list so all places must be filled... You look at the 'i missed my grades for medicine' thread, its really good!!

And good luck and please dont be too disheartened! :biggrin:
Original post by aj2010

What have they said to you?
Original post by laurencebaker1
Hello competition ;D

I LOVE THEIR GCSE POINTS SYSTEM :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

what does that mean? :confused:
Original post by Zazuwaved
what does that mean? :confused:

To be interviewed you have to at least have a score of 16 points, where A*/A = 2 and B =1, from your top 9 GCSE's ONLY and in those nine will always include English, Maths and either double or triple science.

AND

Miminum predicted grades of AAB(b) to include Biology and Chemistry at A2.
Reply 2304
Original post by aj2010

I've not posted much recently but have been watching the posts recently. In terms of calling up the univeristy, I have found this to be a waste of time to be honest. Most of the time you end up through to one of the admin/PA type of people who really have no power, try writing a letter addressed to Dr Fiona Watson (who ultimately can override most decisions).

But glad to meet you all, and thanks for the advice so far. I've done no prep but I think many people will be in that position as alot of it will happen during freshers.
Original post by planetconwy1
To be interviewed you have to at least have a score of 16 points, where A*/A = 2 and B =1, from your top 9 GCSE's ONLY and in those nine will always include English, Maths and either double or triple science.

AND

Miminum predicted grades of AAB(b) to include Biology and Chemistry at A2.

wow that has really given me hope! :smile: I'm defo gonna apply there
Original post by Zazuwaved
wow that has really given me hope! :smile: I'm defo gonna apply there

Yeah, it is a good system, but make sure your personal statement is amazing, because the academic side is only half of it.
Original post by planetconwy1
Yeah, it is a good system, but make sure your personal statement is amazing, because the academic side is only half of it.

ok thanks for that tip! :biggrin:
Hi guys! I am planning to apply to Liverpool in the next UCAS cycle. Do they just shortlist for interview using PS and GCSEs?

Thanks ^^
Reply 2309
Original post by areyousure?

Hi guys! I am planning to apply to Liverpool in the next UCAS cycle. Do they just shortlist for interview using PS and GCSEs?

Thanks ^^

Pretty much as far as i am aware.. they dont use the UKCAT so PS, GCSE's and references have to be good! :biggrin: Good luck.
Original post by tia.may
Pretty much as far as i am aware.. they dont use the UKCAT so PS, GCSE's and references have to be good! :biggrin: Good luck.

Thanks! Also is there much of a poin of applying to both Liverpool and Lancaster or should I choose one ?
Hi!

has anyone been to liverpool to have their vaccines/immunisations yet? I sent my health questionniare to them more than two weeks ago (I left it quite late, I know) and haven't heard from them yet? they said that we have to be vaccinated before freshers week.
Original post by hali0112
Hi!

has anyone been to liverpool to have their vaccines/immunisations yet? I sent my health questionniare to them more than two weeks ago (I left it quite late, I know) and haven't heard from them yet? they said that we have to be vaccinated before freshers week.

I have had my course of Heb B vaccinations done at my local GP Surgery so I would try there.
Reply 2313
Thanks! Also is there much of a poin of applying to both Liverpool and Lancaster or should I choose one ?

I applied to both for 2011 entry and got two interviews and offers from both. Both will offer you AAAb :smile:
Original post by Rushi371
I applied to both for 2011 entry and got two interviews and offers from both. Both will offer you AAAb :smile:

Oh great :smile: Is there anywhere I could find your academics and such? like your medicine profile page

Thanks
Reply 2315

Hi!

I rang a few weeks back(before i got my results) and the lady on the phone said they would arrange for us to get vaccinated in the first term if we had not already done so!

But ring them up if your not sure :-)
Reply 2316
Hi
I am new to this thread and thinking of applying to Liverpool but worried with As results.
In short my academics are 8A*, 3As at GCSE and at AS, Biol A (97%), Chem A (94%), Maths A (85%), History C (69%) and Crit Thinking B (74%).
Problem is if they are rigid on AAAb offer as I dont think Crit Thinking is allowed as a fourth subject?
Does anyone have any comments/advice please?
Hey, I am going to Liverpool Med school this september and was just wandring a few things. How true is the rumour about it becoming less PBL based and when does this start? Also, how many people are in a PBL group and how do they chose who is in which group or is it just completely random? Thanks :smile:.
Original post by Katie Rumsey
Hey, I am going to Liverpool Med school this september and was just wandring a few things. How true is the rumour about it becoming less PBL based and when does this start? Also, how many people are in a PBL group and how do they chose who is in which group or is it just completely random? Thanks :smile:.

You should contact the Admissions Tutor, Dr Fiona Watson. She is probably one of the only people that can answer those sort of questions.
Hi can somebody give me some advice here, on the website it says "GCSEs in nine subjects at a minimum of grade C: attained by the end of Year 11 and at least a score of 15 points or better (where A*/A = 2; B = 1) from the nine and including: Core & Additional Science (or Biology, Chemistry, and Physics),
I did GCSE Double Award Science, is this acceptable?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending