The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Namdeep
it was in chemistry - ocr salters b is a bitch LOL nd it was one UMS...not even a whole mark! what did u get last year?
fingers crossed for both of us! :biggrin:

I hate Salters chemistry :mad:
i just want to know why practically everyone has heard about interviews and i havent :frown: :/
Reply 782
Original post by AHungryCaterpillar
i just want to know why practically everyone has heard about interviews and i havent :frown: :/

Don't worry, I haven't heard from Liverpool either. Don't know why though. So want an interview from Liverpool. :smile:

Well, not practically everyone. The tour guide was saying 2500 applied this year and a about 1000 or so get interviews. But, I think as long as you meet the GCSE and the personal statement (non-academic attributes) requirements you get an interview.
Reply 784

About half of everyone being interviewed will have heard by now i think :P you still have January, February and March to get interviewed in :smile:
Reply 785
i got an interview on feb. 8th at 2:40. i'm an international, and i'm pretty nervous. i was wondering: about what percentage of int'l students interviewed receive offers?

anyone else have an interview on the same day?

ps. i'm thinking of attending the tour earlier on in the day
Original post by cudder
i got an interview on feb. 8th at 2:40. i'm an international, and i'm pretty nervous. i was wondering: about what percentage of int'l students interviewed receive offers?

anyone else have an interview on the same day?

ps. i'm thinking of attending the tour earlier on in the day

Oh don't be nervous..... seriously they are sooo scarily friendly... the interview's just like a chat really....
Reply 787
Original post by you-belong-with-me
Oh don't be nervous..... seriously they are sooo scarily friendly... the interview's just like a chat really....

thank you very much, since i'm international, i dont really know much about the UK healthcare system.... from what i've heard though, they only ask about PS, and PBL, is this true?
Original post by cudder
thank you very much, since i'm international, i dont really know much about the UK healthcare system.... from what i've heard though, they only ask about PS, and PBL, is this true?

Yeah thats true.... they just wnat to know how much you know about the career - medicine, ur PS, medical and ethical cases.... as an international i'm sure they won;t expect you to know as much about the healthcare system in the UK
Original post by 123trident
Well, not practically everyone. The tour guide was saying 2500 applied this year and a about 1000 or so get interviews. But, I think as long as you meet the GCSE and the personal statement (non-academic attributes) requirements you get an interview.

I have 18 points for GCSE, I don't know if they do interview everyone with this score because surely everyone applying will have high GCSE scores. Makes me wonder if the email has been deleted or something :s-smilie: I'll just have to wait and see if they say anything after Christmas. *Crosses fingers* :tongue:
Reply 790
ended up getting a rejection from liverpool=(
Reply 791
Original post by antony172

Oh, so sorry for that. When did you receive it?

Damn man, I'm really sorry :frown:

Did they give you a reason? That really sucks man, unlucky. I knwo what it's like, I got rejected from Dundee a few days ago...chin up, you've got other unis.
At the end of my interview they asked if i had any questions... i said 'no'....is that a bad sign to them? how will they see it?

did they give a reason?
I have 18 points for GCSE, I don't know if they do interview everyone with this score because surely everyone applying will have high GCSE scores. Makes me wonder if the email has been deleted or something :s-smilie: I'll just have to wait and see if they say anything after Christmas. *Crosses fingers* :tongue:

When I went on the open day, they said they'd interview everyone with 18 points at GCSE first, then 17, then 16 etc etc. I have 18 points too, and no interview, but I guess quite a few people will have 18 points, so not to worry :smile:

They also have a massive pile of UCAS forms and pick up a few each day - this is what I've heard from quite a few people, so if you haven't heard yet, it doesn't necessarily mean anything :smile: I haven't heard yet, and most the people at my college have :frown:

I'm sure you'll hear soon! Good luck! :smile:
At the end of my interview they asked if i had any questions... i said 'no'....is that a bad sign to them? how will they see it?

Did you say more than no?
Like, "The open day really told me all I felt I wanted to know about the course and I think through reading about the course here and talking to medical students I have answered any questions I had." or just a no?

To be fair, as long as you had a good interview, it should be fine.
At an interview I had, not for Lpool, I asked a Q at the end, and they seemed really interested in it, then I got rejected, so it shouldn't matter tbh :smile:
Original post by himynameisjesss
Did you say more than no?
Like, "The open day really told me all I felt I wanted to know about the course and I think through reading about the course here and talking to medical students I have answered any questions I had." or just a no?

To be fair, as long as you had a good interview, it should be fine.
At an interview I had, not for Lpool, I asked a Q at the end, and they seemed really interested in it, then I got rejected, so it shouldn't matter tbh :smile:

i said 'no...i have no questions' and i smiled.... where did you get rejected from? did you feel like your interview went well?
i said 'no...i have no questions' and i smiled.... where did you get rejected from? did you feel like your interview went well?

Ah that's ok then :smile: I really don't think it should matter too much :smile:

Birmingham - it wasn't an amazing interview - they asked me the generic questions, which I thought I answered well, but then we started talking about books, and that was the bit that wasn't too good :/ but heyyy I didn't want to go there anyway! (And I'm not just saying that :P haha)
Reply 799
Rejection today, its cruel to send it before Christmas... :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending