The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

I want an offerrrrr so bad! :cool:
Reply 1181
Original post by sam_l
Hey, congrats on the interview. When is it? Mines March 14th. I'd pretty much given up hope as well, but got my invite on monday. Now it's just an agonising few weeks of prepping and waiting haha.

From what I've heard it's very laid back and more like a chat. Just ask why medicine, why liverpool, and then just need to be able to explain your personal statement, know pros and cons of pbl and be able to weigh up both sides of ethical questions.

Hope that helps.

Hiya, congrats on your interview too! Mine's on March 9th, so just a little less time than you to be freaking out about whether I've done enough or not xD Is Liverpool your 1st choice? :]

Ooh, luckily those are pretty much the bog-standard questions you'd be expected to know for an interview anywhere, so I mostly just need to focus on knowing the course inside-out and pbl. Thanks! Have you started prepping? I really want to get into Liverpool, but I still haven't started work for it, I'm just lazing around over the weekend and then hoping to start tomorrow!
Reply 1182
Original post by sameeny
Hiya, congrats on your interview too! Mine's on March 9th, so just a little less time than you to be freaking out about whether I've done enough or not xD Is Liverpool your 1st choice? :]

Ooh, luckily those are pretty much the bog-standard questions you'd be expected to know for an interview anywhere, so I mostly just need to focus on knowing the course inside-out and pbl. Thanks! Have you started prepping? I really want to get into Liverpool, but I still haven't started work for it, I'm just lazing around over the weekend and then hoping to start tomorrow!

Haven't started prepping properly, but like you am going to get down to it this week. Have a friend in 4th year so Im terrorising him with questions haha. Liverpool is my first choice and, thanks to a poor ukcat score, my only choice :smile:.

Problem is its too long a wait for me, it was getting so late hearing from them that I was expecting to get given an interview for about 3 days time. Im doing the same as you pbl and the course inside out.

Good luck with yours, let me know how it goes? Ill be a bundle of nerves by that point.
Reply 1183
I spoke to the Liverpool admissions team and they said they are still giving out interviews, it may take another two weeks or so to complete the whole process of pre interview decisions... which is a good news! however, i dont have much hope:frown:

Good Luck for those who are still waiting for an interview!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1184
Does that mean we are more likely to be rejected???
Just out of interest are there a lot of people still waiting on Liverpool?! I wouldn't mind but both Cardiff and Aberdeen have been completely silent too! Talk about nervous breakdown on the way ;-) I just hope i haven't been holding out for so long to get 4 rejections :/ hey ho... no news is good news right?!
Original post by Lolliesian
Just out of interest are there a lot of people still waiting on Liverpool?! I wouldn't mind but both Cardiff and Aberdeen have been completely silent too! Talk about nervous breakdown on the way ;-) I just hope i haven't been holding out for so long to get 4 rejections :/ hey ho... no news is good news right?!

That would have been a positive a few months back, but we're so near the end of the application process that it's actually getting quite scarey now.
L-pool are taking ages though:frown:
Original post by Jin3011
That would have been a positive a few months back, but we're so near the end of the application process that it's actually getting quite scarey now.
L-pool are taking ages though:frown:

pheeww 'quite scary' is an understatement! :s-smilie: Is Liverpool the only medical school you're waiting on, or are you similar to me with 3?! ahhhh its going to be so cruel if they hold us out this long and reject us! :frown:
pheeww 'quite scary' is an understatement! :s-smilie: Is Liverpool the only medical school you're waiting on, or are you similar to me with 3?! ahhhh its going to be so cruel if they hold us out this long and reject us! :frown:

Yeah terrifying to say the least.
Similar to you, waiting or 3 to reply.
Original post by Jin3011
Yeah terrifying to say the least.
Similar to you, waiting or 3 to reply.

Oh well! Fingers crossed then! Good luck! I hope you get the offer you want! :smile: Lets not loose faith, we've survived this far :smile:
Oh well! Fingers crossed then! Good luck! I hope you get the offer you want! :smile: Lets not loose faith, we've survived this far :smile:

Yeah good luck to you to:smile:.
Original post by JP-
To all the guys who have already had their inteviews...

NOT LONG LEFT FOR REPLIES! In like a month we will know our fate...:eek:

haha still 1 more month of agonising wait :wink:
Reply 1192
REJECTION :frown: talk about putting me out of my misery...
just one more uni to hear from - no offers yet :frown:
Original post by Namdeep

Original post by Bradford92
Rejection from Liverpool - Re-sitter, 9A* 4A's, AAAA at AS, ABB at A2 and loads of work ex/extra curricular.
Hope all ends well for those with no offers as of yet!

What time did they come?
Reply 1194
Original post by Jin3011
What time did they come?

errm...im not sure but i checked my e-mail at 6:00 so i guess around 5:30 pm
Rejection :frown:
Original post by DannyM786
Rejection :frown:

Sorry to hear =[
What time did yours come?
Original post by Jin3011
Sorry to hear =[
What time did yours come?

Got an email about five past six.
Reply 1198
Sorry to hear :frown: out of interest was it a pre or post interview rejection?
GL with ur others
Original post by Namdeep

sorry to hear about ur rejection...was it post or pre-interview?
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending