The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by cudder
LOL same.... except my interview was feb. 8th.... so i can still remember seeing birds flying into windows, and planes crashing outside the window

lol! aw, I'm sure it wasn't that bad :smile: Perhaps we're just overthinking it? I think that if you want something desperately, even the smallest of mistakes on the way to achieveing it appear to be huge. I'd really like the believe that :redface:
Reply 1781
Original post by Phenylethylamine_
Haha. Exactly, I was like - really? :tongue: But, I definitely preferred that question to an ethical scenario. Yup, I had to think long hard for that, until I remembered something from work experience! :rolleyes: Gotta love work experience xD

Lol true. This is the key reason why it's kinda confusing on deciding whether the interview was good or nOt coz they just kept nodding all the time until I was finished with my scenario. Ethics was the part I actually was dreading
Original post by Phenylethylamine_
Aww thanks :smile: I hope so too! At first when I came out, I thought my interview went awesome, but then after a while started to have doubts. And as you can imagine, my doubts have now accumulated since my interview was on December 3rd. :redface: Now, I believe my interview was pretty crap. Although, they asked desirable questions, like instead of giving me an ethical scenario, they simply asked me, what ethical situation have you faced on work experience? Took some long hard thinking, but came out with a good answer...I think. So yeah :/ I don't even remember my interview as much now, it's been AGES! LOL, bless, you must've been nervous! Ahh well, still got you an offer xD :wink:

I got EXACTLY the same Ethical Question. He said so did you encounter any ethical problems during your time at the hospital. I was actually quite pleased with my answer because I talked about this guy needing a Liver transplant and there is LOADS to talk about there :smile:

Well actually I had two ethical questions :confused: I talked about politics in my PS and he kept going on and on about the Drug Post Code Lottery... :frown: That didnt go well. In fact I even asked the guy if that was the answer he wanted.. Afterwards I was like :facepalm:
I remember the train ride home being the worst 3 hours of my life. My interview SEEMED to go terribly, but now I remember some really good bits of it, I even insulted the guy interviewing me at one point and got a really big fact wrong and was corrected really abruptly, but I got an offer yesterday and it's my first choice. I love the city, I love the people and I love the university. Good luck to those still waiting and good luck for everyone doing their A2s in June.
I got an offer from Liverpool last year but then didn't get the grades I needed which sucked. But I was so happy when they invited me back for interview! My interview this year however was NOTHING like last years- every question they asked just seemed so irrelevant. One of my questions was 'do you think there are things worse than death?' - what?! That's not in the medical interview book aha. Anyway I'm an idiot and replied, chuckling, 'I don't know I've never died'. I'm not expecting another offer any time soon!
Reply 1785
Original post by rdavies91
I got an offer from Liverpool last year but then didn't get the grades I needed which sucked. But I was so happy when they invited me back for interview! My interview this year however was NOTHING like last years- every question they asked just seemed so irrelevant. One of my questions was 'do you think there are things worse than death?' - what?! That's not in the medical interview book aha. Anyway I'm an idiot and replied, chuckling, 'I don't know I've never died'. I'm not expecting another offer any time soon!

that answer is priceless :biggrin:
Reply 1786
Original post by hsparkle
Oh no, sorry to hear that :frown: When did you hear?
Hi, I h
heard in the evening on Tuesday, I know a lot of people still waiting though so, hang on in there! :smile:
rejection
Reply 1788
Original post by ilovepizza
rejection

sorry to hear that. When did you get notified?
Reply 1789
Original post by ilovepizza
rejection

I'm sorry to hear that. You have other options?
Original post by sam_l
I'm sorry to hear that. You have other options?

Nope.. had 5 rejections and im a re-applicant.. what are you doing?
Original post by A.Jitto
sorry to hear that. When did you get notified?

yesterday about 6ish
Is anyone else mad confused about this whole applying for accommodation lark? Where is everyone else applying?
Reply 1793
GOOD NEWS! i spoke to the nice lady at admissions, and she said that the first international offer(s) were given out today. but apparently it takes some time for it to show up on ucas, and won't show up til tomorrow morning? (though she might've been confused, and it will actually show up today).... i guess its time!!!
Reply 1794
Original post by cudder
GOOD NEWS! i spoke to the nice lady at admissions, and she said that the first international offer(s) were given out today. but apparently it takes some time for it to show up on ucas, and won't show up til tomorrow morning? (though she might've been confused, and it will actually show up today).... i guess its time!!!

HELL YH.... +++rep for you alll the waaaaaaaaaay. Fingers crossed.
Reply 1795
Original post by A.Jitto
HELL YH.... +++rep for you alll the waaaaaaaaaay. Fingers crossed.

lol much appreciated.... lets see... good luck man :smile:
Reply 1796
Original post by cudder
lol much appreciated.... lets see... good luck man :smile:

thanks and same to you good sir.

Heres hoping that woman doesnt get an ass whooping :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1797
Original post by A.Jitto
thanks and to you good sir.

Heres hoping that woman doesnt get an ass whooping :biggrin:

well said :P
anyone else without an offer just got an email saying accom open day booking starting? x
Original post by waste-paper-basket
anyone else without an offer just got an email saying accom open day booking starting? x

Maybe that means your getting an offer tonight? :wink:

Good Luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending