The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL football?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Onearmedbandit
Twice a week - Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Also, don't let the team numbers fool you. For a variety of reasons, there's really no guarantee that the 6ths will be worse than the 4ths.

sorry to bother you again , do you know when the football trials start (where?) ,couldnt find a link at uclu website .thanks
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
rbnphlp
sorry to bother you again , do you know when the football trials start (where?) ,couldnt find a link at uclu website .thanks

Normally trials are on the Saturday after the first week of term, and the following Wednesday.

But I can't say for sure - just go to the football stand at the fresher's fayre and they'll tell you all you need to know.
Reply 42
Onearmedbandit
Normally trials are on the Saturday after the first week of term, and the following Wednesday.

But I can't say for sure - just go to the football stand at the fresher's fayre and they'll tell you all you need to know.

thankyou .
Original post by Onearmedbandit
The standard isn't that great. There are 7 teams at UCL, and if one team has a squad of around 16-18 players then that's space for 112-126 people!

Hey. Sorry for this extremely late post on this thread but I saw it and wanted to add to it. I'm about to go into 2nd year at UCL but didnt join the team in 1st year, cos I wanted to settle down at uni first. Will I still be allowed to go for the trial/ play for the team even though I start from 2nd year?. Also, how good is the standard of people during the trials? I played sunday league football for 1 season (about 2 years ago) but I don't think that's enough compared to others.
Reply 44
I'm a really dreadful player but I love football and run around a lot la Dirk Kuyt). I've played a lot of 5-a-side and a bit of Sunday League over the years. I'd love to join a team of some description, even it was purely as a fitness exercise/regime so I'm really hoping one of the UCL teams is awful enough to accommodate me. If not, however, are there any wider/more general UoL intercollegiate teams or anything like that?
Reply 45
What is the ucl football initiation like?
Reply 46
Original post by herehere
What is the ucl football initiation like?

I thought officially teams weren't allowed to initiated before??

Also can't wait to play football, I know that women have two teams, the first team is serious and the second team is more for first timers and people who don't make the firsts straight away :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending