The Student Room Group

how likely am i to get an offer from bath university for computer science

Hi so i will be listing all my details and if anyone could tell me how likely i am to get an offer i would appreciate it since i am a bit stressed as i havent got anything back yet. I achieved GCSE grades of 9, 9, 9, 9, 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 6. A levels I take Mathematics predicted A*, computer science predicted A* and physics predicted A. In my personal statement i talked about how I read 2 books and it sparked my interest in computer science and talked about how they inspired me to choose it for a levels and i talked about how studying maths and physics have also helped me hone my skills. I talked about how i participated in the team junior and senior maths challenges and received gold certificates for both improved my teamwork skills and problem solving. Talked about how i completed CS50 and then created a functional database for my stepdad to aid him in his paperround business and next about my work expereince at barclays where i created a dashboard fro a client. to finish it off i made a small paragrpah on why im eager and a good fit for computer science at your uni. In my academic reference, my referee talked about how i am a young carer and how it has impacted my education and may impact my a levels(i am a contextual applicant), how i run computer science soceity and 2 other soceities, how i play football badminton and cricket outside of school, how i took part in the bebras challenge and got a distinction, and lastly how i take part in tutoring gcse students both inside and outside of school. the unis I am waiting on are durham, UCL and bath. can anyone tell me how likely i am to receive an offer as i am a bit stressed as i have already been rejected by durham. Will me having A*A*A and not A*A*A* impact my application? (Btw i am a contextual applicant and ppl said that helps ppl who dont have A*A*A* so can anyone confirm?)
Reply 1
Try to avoid posting the same thing in multiple forums please.
Reply 2
Original post by mesub
Try to avoid posting the same thing in multiple forums please.
yh sry i realised i posted it in the gcses forum by accident

Quick Reply

Latest