The Student Room Group

Help deciding whether to retake A levels

Last year, in January I received offers for Physics at both Manchester and UCL, at the time they both invited me to offer holder days, to which i said yes, However UCL said they didn't have spaces so told me they would email me a week later...

By the time they emailed me, it was a week before my first exam so i had already confirmed my firm and insurance choices. But after hearing a lot of things abt manchester and visiting UCL i realised that i wanted to switch my firm and insurance round. However UCL would not let me.

(i know this is my fault) but i really wanted to go to UCL so i did worse on purpose in some of my exams in order to miss my firm and get into UCL.

i ended up missing the grades to get into UCL and now i really cant forgive myself. im at the uni of Lancaster through clearing and honestly i really hate it here. I've been considering dropping out of uni and retaking A levels.

In mocks i received A*A*AB in Maths, Physics, Further Maths and Chemistry respectively. And i received ABAB in actual a levels respectively.

ig my biggest question is, is it likely ill receive another offer from UCL if i reapply and take resits. ik all of this sounds like a joke and i deserve this for screwing around, but the regret for all these decisions is acc killing me, and its taken a pretty serious toll on my mental health.
Reply 1
For further context: at the time i was kinda depressed and frustrated because they wouldnt let me switch firm and insurance + i wanted to go this year because my gf was also going to ucl this year and i didnt want to wait a year to apply again :frown:
Have you spoken to UCL about your situation and asked for their advice?

Picking a university because your girlfriend goes there is usually a bad idea. Is that the only reason you’re unhappy at Lancaster?
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Have you spoken to UCL about your situation and asked for their advice?

Picking a university because your girlfriend goes there is usually a bad idea. Is that the only reason you’re unhappy at Lancaster?

I did speak to ucl, they said they do accept resit students and they said it wouldnt disadvantage me, same with imperial. But tbh i feel like that isnt necessarily true, as in what if they ask the reason as to why im retaking etc.

And no there are a number of reasons im unhappy at Lancaster. Ive given it a lot of thought while i was here and genuinely the vibes are not for me if that makes sense. Also i didnt choose UCL because of my gf, i genuinely wanted to go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending