The Student Room Group

do Scottish students pay fees when they go to an English uni?

I was just wondering whether Scottish students who are at uni in England pay fees? Because somebody recently told me that they can claim back the money the pay for fees through the Scottish Government but I can't seem to find clarification as to whether this is true?

It doesn't say anything on the Scottish Governments website about it so I was wondering if you guys could help me :smile:
Reply 1
no, you have to pay fee's, home fee's, which you get loan from the student fiancee company
Reply 2
This information is very easy to find on the SAAS website.
thankyou :smile:
Reply 4
alixcharlindsay
I was just wondering whether Scottish students who are at uni in England pay fees? Because somebody recently told me that they can claim back the money the pay for fees through the Scottish Government but I can't seem to find clarification as to whether this is true?

It doesn't say anything on the Scottish Governments website about it so I was wondering if you guys could help me :smile:
#

I have spent the last two years at uni in England, and you have to get a loan to pay for your fees, and you have to pay it back gradually at the end of your course once your income enters a certain threshold, like all other English students at English institutions. You cannot claim the money back from the goverment.
Reply 5
^^ However the information provide on that link will be out of dated untill October 23 i think
im so confused
i got my eligibility letter through today, saying my "financial support for 2015/16 will be £4750"
but i applied as a student studying in England for the full loan.
i understand that will help me with living costs, paying for accommodation.
Where is the £9000 loan for my course fees?
it says on SAAS that i can apply to them to "pay for part or all of my fees"
do they "pay for part or all of my fees" directly to the University, or am i screwed and have to cancel my application to University?
Reply 7
Can I ask you what happened next? I am also confused by this! Are the £9250 fees paid as a loan to the uni? Or is the maximum the £4750??

Quick Reply

Latest