The Student Room Group

Self Study ICT AQA INFO1 INFO2 HELP!!

Hi, i didnt make it into uni this year and so have decided to take up AS ICT self studying it and as a private candidate. Im ordering the study book online and was just wondering if there was any advise for me on how to tackle this subject? I have bee told that you have create a project and then you take that into the exam for INFO1. Can someone please tell me what this or is it all explaind in the text book?

Thanks Very Much for Your Time x
Reply 1
Hi, Unit 2 for this course is literally remembering the theory, doing past papers and being intelligent enough to know how to answer them properly. Unit 1 requires learning some theory, but requires massive exam technique learnt through doing past papers to.
The coursework element is pretty straight forward, you don't need to spend hours creating a great website or database etc. I can recommend some excellent books for the coursework which tells you what you need to do step by step. I also have my coursework which got me an A!
Reply 2
Original post by raj-010
Hi, Unit 2 for this course is literally remembering the theory, doing past papers and being intelligent enough to know how to answer them properly. Unit 1 requires learning some theory, but requires massive exam technique learnt through doing past papers to.
The coursework element is pretty straight forward, you don't need to spend hours creating a great website or database etc. I can recommend some excellent books for the coursework which tells you what you need to do step by step. I also have my coursework which got me an A!

HI, thanks for the reply. Do AQA actually mark your coursework as i was told they only mark your answers in respect to coursework? Ive created a spreadsheet which calculated a shops income and projected profits etc. Does that sound okay?

And do you have any advise/tips for the INFO1 & INFO2 exams as they are coming up in a few weeks time. I really need a D at AS but obviously im going to try and get higher than that. Is it hard to get a D grade?

Thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending