Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BSMS Medical Applicants 2011

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i applied here last year, but didnt get an interview. i know someone who did though, and apparently the interviews are really tough here, anyone shed any light on that?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzymedic)
    i applied here last year, but didnt get an interview. i know someone who did though, and apparently the interviews are really tough here, anyone shed any light on that?
    Out of the three interviews that I had I think that the BSMS one was probably the most friendly and the least intimidating.

I felt that the pannel wanted to get to know me and wanted me to do well. They were keen and enthusiastic and didn't seem like they wanted me to trip up. From my experience helping out with interviews when I was a student most people I spoke to seemed to think that the interview was fair.

Things might have changed but that was my experience of it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Out of the three interviews that I had I think that the BSMS one was probably the most friendly and the least intimidating.

I felt that the pannel wanted to get to know me and wanted me to do well. They were keen and enthusiastic and didn't seem like they wanted me to trip up. From my experience helping out with interviews when I was a student most people I spoke to seemed to think that the interview was fair.

Yep, definitely the case for me last year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your help
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I applied here
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    do they give out acknowledgments?

has anyone been to their open day?
    didn't have the chance to go myself..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

In your experience, what was the standard like at interview? Were the majority excellent candidates, or were there quite a few who you thought didn't really have a clue or would make terrible doctors?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparky93)
    do they give out acknowledgments?

has anyone been to their open day?
    didn't have the chance to go myself..
    no they dont give anything out untill they give out interviews. It was really nice and it seem like such a friendly bunch, i realy want to go there :bumps:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzymedic)
    do you have idea why you didn't get in, because to me you seem really good
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tame Impala)
    In your experience, what was the standard like at interview? Were the majority excellent candidates, or were there quite a few who you thought didn't really have a clue or would make terrible doctors?
    How the hell would anyone know that? We weren't in other people's interviews.

If you think you can find a med school that a bunch of idiots apply to you may find yourself disappointed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hantheman)
    How the hell would anyone know that? We weren't in other people's interviews.

If you think you can find a med school that a bunch of idiots apply to you may find yourself disappointed.
    Well I thought when randdom said she'd helped out at interview she meant she'd been on the panel, meaning she'd have seen many applicants at interview. But I might be wrong and she just meant she gave advice to applicants about the interview? I dunno.

Also just because someone's clever doesn't mean they'll perform well at interview or make a good doctor.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:

I love your song of the month..yes indeed! he alone can rescue
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04001)
    do you have idea why you didn't get in, because to me you seem really good
    because up until my A2 levels my academics were appalling :P
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I reckon the first batch of BSMS interviews should be out soon considering the interviewing will be starting in November, so watch out in the next week or so!
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    bumping in - my mate just got an interview today from BSMS
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    WOW
    lucky, is he/she a reapplicant??
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh993)
    bumping in - my mate just got an interview today from BSMS
    :bawling: I want one!
    Did he/she hear by post/email?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpet21)
    :bawling: I want one!
    Did he/she hear by post/email?
    email

and no, he's not a re-applicant....first time applicant
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh993)
    email

and no, he's not a re-applicant....first time applicant
    My obsessive email-checking has just intensified. :rofl:

Congratulations to them though.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpet21)
    My obsessive email-checking has just intensified. :rofl:

Congratulations to them though.
    heheheeh i had a feeling that as soon as i said that, all the BSMS applicants would go to their emails

best of luck, im sure you'll get an interview soon

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 1, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.