The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

acoustic-angel
i have no idea about meeting guys, iv only ever had the one boyfriend and i met him at work, it didnt end well. so i dont want to ever go out with someone from work again. but where else appart from school can you really meet guys and get to kow them, as you dont really get the chance to talk to people in clubs, and there not usually my saught of people anyway.
what to do!!!

I would say don't go out looking for a guy- when you do that you don't tend to find one. Meeting people is often quite a random thing, for example my brothers girlfriend he met through the friend of a friend. If you want to meet more people why not try a club of some description-sports lessons for example, or a new hobby.

Just for the record, meeting people through school is not such a bad thing- I met my ex-bf at school and we lasted for 5 years so we must have done something right.

Ruthie xx

EDIT: also don't rule out everyone at work just because of one guy, give everyone a chance on their own merits.
Reply 2
Guys have the same problems...
Just wait it out and you will meet somebody adventually.
Reply 3
Uni
Reply 4
internet dating site
on here obviously!
TSR ? :biggrin:

edit: Snap!
Reply 7
Meeting people on the web is slightly sad...
Real life is where its at. Perhaps meet your friends boyfriends friends?
That seems to work with girls if they arnt all ugly.
Get down to your local Spearmint Rhino.The place will be teeming with lovely,classy,respectful guys just waiting to sweep you off your feet.
I think you'll find that lots of people meet via the net, and there is certainly less stigma attached to it. Tis not sad! :smile:
Reply 10
I have no idea I'm just here for the advice :wink: :biggrin: :party:
Reply 11
Don't discount libraries.
Reply 12
gym?
umm.....you can find a lot of handsome charming men at your local gay bar...but im sure that thats not what youre after

:biggrin:
i met my bf off yahoo chat lol and another ex sorta guy as well lol just make sure u know them first before u meet them to prevent anything nasty happening.i knew my bf for about 3 months before we met up in person but spoke n stuff before then.u could meet guys anywhere tho coz they could even be people u know that all of a sudden u develop feelings for :wink: :dancing: :love:
at a spearmint rino, and a gay bar. interesting sugestions.
wouldnt you find meeting someone you had met over the internet a little weird, and very scarey. but maby thats just me
Reply 16
Well whats your type of guy?
Or see if you can join Sheffield Chess Club. You'll find plenty of single men there.

Marcus
acoustic-angel
at a spearmint rino, and a gay bar. interesting sugestions.
wouldnt you find meeting someone you had met over the internet a little weird, and very scarey. but maby thats just me

yeh it was a bit scary but i knew him for a long time before i finally met up with him.was worth it tho.
Reply 19
Actually, on the library theme...

I went into my local library the other day and there were at least 4 cute guys in there (granted, they were all slightly, how shall we say... bookish). I was a bit upset at the time and so could not ogle, but will be going back. So check out libraries!

Latest

Trending

Trending