The Student Room Group

Collar bone piercing

I just want to know..

How painful it would be to get a surface piercing on my collar bone, how long does it take to heal and any other details.

If I was to get it done... I'd get maybe 4 on one collar bone. What do you think?

I felt a tad ill after watching some people get it done on YT. Any advise!?? :woo:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So you want to go out of your way to look revolting?
Looks painful, and cool :smile:
I guess i personally feel the pain would outweight the coolness, :/
But if you get it, let me know? :smile:
Reply 3
Eugh that's revolting and disgusting.
Reply 4
I'm guessing quite a few guys don't like the thought of it too much. Girls not quite so much. I thought of the collar bone because its different. Lip, navel, ear.. its too common. I'm striving to be different here...
Jess!ca
I'm guessing quite a few guys don't like the thought of it too much. Girls not quite so much. I thought of the collar bone because its different. Lip, navel, ear.. its too common. I'm striving to be different here...

i personally like it. go read some experiences on BME, microdermals may heal better than surface bars there, as it gets quite a bit of movement.

and naturally take into account that they may well reject, or if not take ages to heal.
Reply 6
Jess!ca

How tragic, why not just get yourself a personality instead?
Reply 7
Having a bit of metal in a random place around your body won't make you different though, I don't understand :s-smilie:
Reply 8
hazelsaurus
Looks painful, and cool :smile:

I agree with Hazel, painful but cool. Worth giving it a go, few seconds of immediate pain, bit sore after, but could look really cool and well worth it in the long run :smile:
Reply 9
I feel queasy just reading the title lol
Reply 10
It depends on the person whether it suits them. Best to get anchors, really, as normal surface piercings will just reject after a period of time.
Reply 11
Do you have any pics of what you want done? Like samples?
Reply 13
4 on one may be a bit much? Just think of all those scars afterwards...I have 11 piercings, so I don't generally consider scarring as an issue, but that's a lot of scars on your collarbone, as they will probably reject at some point (and I doubt you'd keep them in until retirement age ha)

I have dermals (in my neck), and it's certainly not too painful.

Very sharp pain (when they initially make the hole), lasts about a minute or 2 with each, and then that's it. Definitely bearable (had them 3 times). Painful but nothing you can't deal with. I wouldn't consider the pain as a factor in deciding to get them or not.
(edited 13 years ago)
Unless you want them for the rest of your life I suggest you don't, as they 'grow out'.
Scarring is quite bad.
Pinball_heart
Unless you want them for the rest of your life I suggest you don't, as they 'grow out'.
Scarring is quite bad.

No it's not.
Reply 17
Im getting 2 collar bone and two in my trapeze/neck region. They look amazing but im worried about scarring.
eeww why? :nooo:
Where do you pierce if you're fat? 'Just guess mate'
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest